Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2016 NFL season thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yarra Falls End 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:29 am
Post subject: 2016 NFL season threadReply with quote

NFL preseason is upon us.

Colts v Packers on ESPN tomorrow am.

The highlight of the weekend was the Hall of Fame induction of Brett Favre.Also inducted was former Packers linebacker coach Kevin Greene who will always be remembered for the " it is time" speech to Clay Matthews at the end of the third quarter in the superbowl
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:01 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you go to Canton wearing your number 4, YFE? I was there spiritually. I re-watched that famous Raiders game yesterday to psyche myself up.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:15 am

So, the Hall of Fame game was cancelled because of an unsafe surface. The good news is that no Colts or Packers were injured.
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:13 pm

Should be a really good season of NFL. A number of the easy beats have improved significantly and some of the powerhouse teams have come back to the pack.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:18 am

I'm looking forward to this season
To sure some great former memories of the NFL

When I was involved with the Brisbane Broncos we did a information exchange in regards to tackling methods training methods etc went and spent 5 days behind the scenes at mile high stadium and shock the hand of the great John Elway

Several years ago I was in Chicago in November it was freezing cold and sleet and snow damn windy to boot. Sunday night I was sitting in a bar chatting to a few locals and a guy says he has a spare ticket to Monday night football bears v Broncos at soldier field. Damn great atmosphere but the coldest place on the face of the earth and the game just seemed to go forever

I attend 2 home games of the 49ers at the old candle stick park with my great uncle who lived in San Fransisco. He we a aircraft mechanic head mechanic actually and worked at SFO airport for 40 odd years until his retirement. One game we saw Steve Young smoke the Rams and on the way home I commented how great I thought Young was. My uncle says ever heard of a guy called Joe Montana ? I said of course he said I have a signed jersey he wore in a exhibition game. I asked how he came across that. He said the niners hired one of there planes and he was sent on the flight as head mechanic and during the return flight Montana came down the back and started speaking to him and the 2 other mechanics. The other 2 guys admitted to be fans of other teams but my uncle said he was a season ticket holder for the niners. 10 minutes later he returned with his jersey signed for my uncle.

I love American sports and there stadiums we could learn a lot
Saw Barry Bonds splash one into the cove at what was then pac bell park.
Went to the old Yankee stadium where the atmosphere was to die for
High on my to do list is go to a Alabama game (roll tide) go see Michigan at home can't believe they get 80,000 to a open air stadium in the snow and freezing cold and another 20,000+ outside having tail gate parties
And finally would love to see Lebron play live
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:11 am

Great recollections qld.

I would like to see Joe Greene come back out of retirement to play in the old 75 on Lebron. Just one tackle. Just one....

When were you shaking Elway's hand? If it was around January 1998, I think I speak also for Yarra Falls End in saying that you missed a great opportunity to break his throwing arm, right there.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:22 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Great recollections qld.

I would like to see Joe Greene come back out of retirement to play in the old 75 on Lebron. Just one tackle. Just one....

When were you shaking Elway's hand? If it was around January 1998, I think I speak also for Yarra Falls End in saying that you missed a great opportunity to break his throwing arm, right there.

Lol no mate would have been 1996 during the super league wars by memory around August September they were in training mode at the time. He is actually a big man really they don't appear that big on TV. Some of the defensive linesman were massive I mean HUGE 6ft 5" 350lb and quite quick on there feet surprisingly
We showed there offensive and defensive coaches some video of NRL matches and some of the players sat in on it. I was giving a talk on the nuisances of the game and this guy who was around 6ft4" and 300lb+ stood up and asked "do you have to have brain damage to play this game you guys aren't wearing any helmets or padding" the techniques we showed them was to do with open field tackling more than anything but they showed us impact points for close contact and about using core strength in pushing opponents around. It worked well and the footage and techniques we took back passed on to the coaching staff they used and the club won the next 2 premierships.
They were surprised at dinner one night with the assist at coaches and us when speaking of salaries and we said our yearly payroll was around $2.5million at the time and they said per player ? We said no that covers 25 players !!! They said heck our QB earns that every 3 months basically
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:55 pm

The first week of the real season starts on Friday the 9th of September (AEST) with the Super Bowl rematch (Carolina at Denver) at 10.30 am. It's on FTA TV on 7HD and 7Mate.

There are a further 3 FTA games on Monday morning (AEST): Bengals at Jets (3 am), Giants at Dallas (6.25 am) and Patriots at Cardinals (10.30 am). But those who would wish to watch the next Super Bowl Champions open their account with a 61:3 victory in Jacksonville will need NFL Gamepass.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:40 am

College ball has started with 5 SEC teams losing in week 1
But as the faithful say Rolllllllllllll Tide
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:04 am

Go Skins!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:56 pm

Opening game was the SB rematch. And it was a good one. The Panthers led 17:7 at halftime but two fourth-quarter TDs to the Broncos and a missed field goal in the last seconds saw the Broncos win 21:20. Cris Collinsworth was commentating, which made it even better.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:14 pm

Anyone wanting to see the next Super Bowl champions will need to tune in at 10.30 am tomorrow for Green Bay at Minnesota. Before that it's Dolphins at Pats (3am) and Seattle at Rams (6.30 am).
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:23 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Anyone wanting to see the next Super Bowl champions will need to tune in at 10.30 am tomorrow for Green Bay at Minnesota. Before that it's Dolphins at Pats (3am) and Seattle at Rams (6.30 am).

P4S are you a cheese head ?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:36 pm

^^^ Repeat after me: Bart Starr, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Bart Starr, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Bart Starr, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Bart Starr, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Bart Starr, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Bart Starr, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Bart Starr, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers.

There's a hint.

I'm not quite as big a fan as Yarra Falls End - he's an owner, I believe.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:30 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^ Repeat after me: Bart Starr, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Bart Starr, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Bart Starr, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Bart Starr, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Bart Starr, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Bart Starr, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Bart Starr, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers.

There's a hint.

I'm not quite as big a fan as Yarra Falls End - he's an owner, I believe.

Touché they are owned by the community which is a rarity in professional sort especially USA.
Maybe you could do a deal and trade Sidey there and get us one of those 6ft 6" wide receivers as a new wingman 😂😂😂😂
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7   

Jump to: