Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Bulldogs. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
1970 wrote:
I confidently predict that jam donuts will be $2.50 or 6 for $12.

Jam donuts are the only reason to go to the footy these days.

Mate, I only get em at the G, and only after a win, never after a loss. My good Pies buddy Ari, calls it, the taste of victory. Needless to say, I have not bought many of em this season thus far. Laughing

#victorydoughnuts as my hawthorn loving mate calls them. he is getting fat. serves him right.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:17 am

John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
1970 wrote:

Mate, I only get em at the G, and only after a win, never after a loss. My good Pies buddy Ari, calls it, the taste of victory. Needless to say, I have not bought many of em this season thus far. Laughing

#victorydoughnuts as my hawthorn loving mate calls them. he is getting fat. serves him right.

Theres only two places in the entire free world where you can buy them, one is at the royal show, the other is the footy. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:30 am

Piesnchess wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
1970 wrote:

Theres only two places in the entire free world where you can buy them, one is at the royal show, the other is the footy. Razz

Donuts at the footy are all mass produced crap. There's a van in Bendigo that sets up every weekend that still makes them from scratch. Chalk and cheese.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:36 am

jackcass wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
1970 wrote:

Donuts at the footy are all mass produced crap. There's a van in Bendigo that sets up every weekend that still makes them from scratch. Chalk and cheese.

I see, I must get me old Chelt High buddy, Lazza, to send some down too me via FedEx. Laughing

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:26 am

jackcass wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
1970 wrote:

the vic market doughnuts have long been the best in my books. apparently, hot jam filled doughnuts is/was a uniquely melbourne thing.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:03 pm

John Wren wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
1970 wrote:

the vic market doughnuts have long been the best in my books. apparently, hot jam filled doughnuts is/was a uniquely melbourne thing.

Are they made from scratch on-site? Wouldn't have been to the Vic Market more than a couple of times since I finished working at the North Melbourne telephone exchange in the mid 80's.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:40 pm

jackcass wrote:
John Wren wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
1970 wrote:

Are they made from scratch on-site? Wouldn't have been to the Vic Market more than a couple of times since I finished working at the North Melbourne telephone exchange in the mid 80's.

They are made fresh on site. I'm not sure if they still are, but the company used to be based in Langridge St, Collingwood (where I was born), and when I was a kid they used to set up every Saturday morning in Smith St and sell doughnuts to the morning shoppers. This was when Collingwood was a working class suburb, before the hipsters from Camberwell moved in.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:00 pm

How 2nd half of the Season been going. We probably beat the Dogs on Friday.

I have better Feeling then last week

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:21 pm

John Wren wrote:

It's a wonder he doesn't expand like Mr.Creosote is Monty Python's "the Meaning of Life", in line with their win/loss ratio over the last 5 or 6 seasons.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:07 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
How 2nd half of the Season been going. We probably beat the Dogs on Friday.

I have better Feeling then last week

Depends if the money is good enough, some Collingwood fans I know are convinced someone is making some very good money on the Pies this year as the team only shows up when the odds are juicy!
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:54 pm

Pies by 23 points. Coz we're not expected to. Pathetic.

MONCO: Your life.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:54 pm

John Wren wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
1970 wrote:

My mum had a milk bar in the 70's in country NSW. I was the cook on weekends and school holidays from age 10 and I used to do jam doughnuts then.

Proper doughnuts with the hole in them, deep fried, coated in cinnamon sugar and injected with jam from a sauce bottle.

I don't buy those cheap imitations at the footy.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:37 pm

All this talk about doughnuts is making me hungry for... yep, you guessed it: doughnuts. Having flashbacks to when I was in Portland, Oregon recently and went to voodoo doughnuts. Those dudes will leave your hot jam doughnuts for dead. It's a must see for anyone visiting Portland. Beer and doughnuts. What more do you need.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:42 pm

IF Pendles does not come up. I hope Aish plays his Postion
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:06 am

WarrenerraW wrote:
All this talk about doughnuts is making me hungry for... yep, you guessed it: doughnuts. Having flashbacks to when I was in Portland, Oregon recently and went to voodoo doughnuts. Those dudes will leave your hot jam doughnuts for dead. It's a must see for anyone visiting Portland. Beer and doughnuts. What more do you need.

Any of you guys go to your doctor to get your cholesterol tested?

Back to the football, please play Oxley in the forward line and bring back Goldsack to the backline. I guess this isn't the time to drop Cloke but I willing to start up a fund to bribe another AFL club to take Cloke next year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10   

Jump to: