Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Bulldogs. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Brenny wrote:
Friday night at that crap stadium. I might go. Not sure. Depends if there are still afl member upgrades left.

If it was sat night I'd be going to watch Melbourne City Wrestling instead.

I've hated every second of the 2016 season. We're a basket case with a women's team and a netball team to make us relevant.

I've loved the good wins then I $£$%^%%$ hate them because we can't back it up. Essendon and Carlton will go past us next year.

Not the scum, they got belted by 71 points today, check out bigfooty, even their own fans reckon they stink like high heaven and the future is shit. The Peptides dons would have to improve a bit, but not much. At the risk at repeating myself, we have had a horrendous year with injuries, even the other night we lost Pendles at a vital time, and no Moore, fas, Elliott and swan, give us an uninjured year, and we will improve, we just need some luck for a change. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:11 pm

And a coach.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:19 pm

Sounds like Fasolo won't play.

Given that Goldsack was BOG in the VFL, maybe he's worth one last chance to prove his worth?

Out: Cox, Blair, Pendles, Brown

In: Oxley, De Goey, Goldsack, Moore
Brenny 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:40 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Brenny wrote:
Friday night at that crap stadium. I might go. Not sure. Depends if there are still afl member upgrades left.

If it was sat night I'd be going to watch Melbourne City Wrestling instead.

I've hated every second of the 2016 season. We're a basket case with a women's team and a netball team to make us relevant.

I've loved the good wins then I $£$%^%%$ hate them because we can't back it up. Essendon and Carlton will go past us next year.

Not the scum, they got belted by 71 points today, check out bigfooty, even their own fans reckon they stink like high heaven and the future is shit. The Peptides dons would have to improve a bit, but not much. At the risk at repeating myself, we have had a horrendous year with injuries, even the other night we lost Pendles at a vital time, and no Moore, fas, Elliott and swan, give us an uninjured year, and we will improve, we just need some luck for a change. Confused

Spot on as always. I'll admit that.

I don't have a comeback to logic :p.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:12 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Given that Goldsack was BOG in the VFL, maybe he's worth one last chance to prove his worth?

i'd be giving marsh a spell too. tooves went ok too on saturday. should be in the mix.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:27 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Yeh, may as well pick the sack, perhaps a send off game for him, he has been a great servant of the club, and he would make a terrific assistant coach down the track. Is there any chance that this youg kid Sier may get a game soon, is he in our VFL team. Question

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:35 pm

Sier's probably only 1-2 away from a senior game (years, that is).
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:39 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Yeh, may as well pick the sack, perhaps a send off game for him, he has been a great servant of the club, and he would make a terrific assistant coach down the track. Is there any chance that this youg kid Sier may get a game soon, is he in our VFL team. Question

Has been struggling to impact VFL games when he hasn't been struggling to get on the park. Missed the last few weeks with a back injury. Might not even play VFL again this year. So, no...

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:52 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Has been struggling to impact VFL games when he hasn't been struggling to get on the park. Missed the last few weeks with a back injury. Might not even play VFL again this year. So, no...

I see, I know he had huge raps on him when we drafted him, perhaps he is a work in progress, like Cox. Hes young, he has time on his side, he may have a breakout season next year. Wink

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:31 am

Piesnchess wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

I see, I know he had huge raps on him when we drafted him, perhaps he is a work in progress, like Cox. Hes young, he has time on his side, he may have a breakout season next year. Wink

It's not possible to make any evaluation of his performances this season because he simply hasn't been out on the track long enough to make an assessment.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:17 pm

With Pendles likely to miss our chances are next to nil on winning.
The most interesting thing to me will be (I'm assuming he will be captain) the captaincy of Sidey. Will he stand up and lead by example and set the tone for the younger players or will he just run around getting some touches and provide no leadership ?
This is a acid test for him in a lot of ways. He could make a name for himself as a leader or fail badly and find himself outside the leadership group next year. Pendles isn't a big talker or motivator so we can't judge Sidey on that but Pendles is a leader by example doing all the little things right before and during the game and is often seen giving advice on the run to the younger players. Can Sidey summon the same qualities ?
Interesting when Pendles was flattened late last week by the other reiwoldt just about the first one in to remonstrate was Maynard who gave little jack a mighty big shove with a follow through. Next in I saw was Wills who promptly charged into the developing pack like a wrecking ball. Yes they may have been 2 of the closest to the incident but both showed a great deal of mongrel is basically saying don't touch our skipper. I love seeing this sort of thing from young players without them going over board in false heroics.
Changes who knows really after last week should be around 8 but we don't have 8 to bring in so maybe 2 or 3
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:17 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Yeh, may as well pick the sack, perhaps a send off game for him, he has been a great servant of the club, and he would make a terrific assistant coach down the track.

Though he was good against Freo a few weeks back, and can't recall if he pulled up sore or was simply omitted later?
Regardless, bring him back in, because really, he couldn't do much worse than the defence we fielded last week. Hell, give Toovs a send off as well in the next three rounds. It doesn't matter, it all counts for shit now.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:39 pm

I reckon Doggies fans will way outnumber Magpies fans this week at the Etihad shithole. I mean, they play it so well, the doggies, we are basically lost on that ground, we just don't like it. Had we beaten the tigers we may have got a good roll up of our fans, but who is going to haul arse there to face a rabid and rampant dogs team with a strong smell of finals footy. ? Yes, I think we will be competitive, have a real dip, but I cant see us winning, not at Etihad, most fans will stay home and watch the telecast, as I am, with a bottle of Jack Daniels to get me thru the big game. !

www.facebook.com/groups/knightsofabbotsford

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:11 pm

I confidently predict that jam donuts will be $2.50 or 6 for $12.

Jam donuts are the only reason to go to the footy these days.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:03 pm

1970 wrote:
I confidently predict that jam donuts will be $2.50 or 6 for $12.

Jam donuts are the only reason to go to the footy these days.

Mate, I only get em at the G, and only after a win, never after a loss. My good Pies buddy Ari, calls it, the taste of victory. Needless to say, I have not bought many of em this season thus far. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10   

Jump to: