Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2016 Delistings, Retirements, Re-signings & Trade Winds

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

AN_Inkling wrote:
jackcass wrote:
themonk wrote:
richo wrote:
Steven Motlop's name is being put out there. Any takers?

If we could get him via a Richmond/Geelong trade and we sacrifice Williams then yes.

No, pass, and especially if it'll cost us Williams.

Definitely yes! Without a doubt if it only cost us Williams (would surely cost more).

We call for risk taking players with X-factor and skill and then balk at them for being "flaky". If you want a skilled, dangerous, consistent player with X-factor we'd need to give up more than we have in this trade period. Motlop has all of those except consistency and would be a very good pickup. The only slight hesitation would be broad similarity to Fasolo and Elliott.

The club needs to take into account attitude and "culture" fit, but as a player I'd be very happy for us to recruit him.

Happy to agree to disagree.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:20 am

RE: Jack Grimes:
MagpieBat wrote:
Been exiled to Casey this year in the VFL.

Per game averaged 28.5 disposals, 6 tackles, 13.2 handpass recieves, 5.6 marks and 4 Inside 50s from 17 of a possible 21 VFL outings playing predominately as an outside/wing midfielder, where he was named in the bests (such as they are) 10 times. Missed only 1 game with illness, the rest either as a carry-over emergency or through recall to the AFL.

Turns 28 in mid-May next year, with 100 games of AFL experience to his name, to go with his previous co-captaincy at Melbourne. And if looking to add an extra wrinkle or two of age and experience into our list, he would probably come the cheapest as a Delisted Free Agent compared to guys like Mayne and Wells...

He's only been able to play more then 15 games twice in 9 seasons. What was the problem at Melbourne this year?

I too think his pay packet would not be as high as what others are asking for.

I'd like to get in on Hartlett (26) or Hanley (27) to fill a need in our back 6, especially since we don't know whats going on with Sinclair, and Marley seems to be on the outter. Frost also seems to be on the outter. Grimes could be a cheap alternative. Is he a back flank or is he more of a one on one defender?

I guess the questions are; can he tackle? can he kick? is he good under pressure?

Would he improve our team? Or, again, would he be another Jordan Russell?

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:13 am

richo wrote:
He is being paid overs. Goes missing when it gets tough and the Cats are trying to make some room in the cap. Do we need a downhill skier on big bucks? No.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:37 am

Culprit wrote:
richo wrote:
He is being paid overs. Goes missing when it gets tough and the Cats are trying to make some room in the cap. Do we need a downhill skier on big bucks? No.

If Buckley can turn White around into becoming a good footballer, Motlop shouldn't be a problem.

Motlop has had his confidence destroyed by his inability to score goals. He tries the impossible angles, doesn't look for teammates close to goals and doesn't look where the opposition is. To turn it around he needs to go back to basics, which means sacrificing his individuality for the sake of the team. If he's willing to learn and is thinking of changing clubs, Buckley would be the ideal coach for him.
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:53 am

Culprit wrote:
richo wrote:

Whats big bucks? Id like to know what he'd be on tbh.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:08 am

I really enjoyed watching Motlop do his impression of "Disinterested medium-forward walking against the wind" in the prelim for Geelong. Would I enjoy it if he did that for us? Not so much, I think.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:35 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
jackcass wrote:
themonk wrote:
richo wrote:

If we could get him via a Richmond/Geelong trade and we sacrifice Williams then yes.

Definitely yes! Without a doubt if it only cost us Williams (would surely cost more).

We call for risk taking players with X-factor and skill and then balk at them for being "flaky". If you want a skilled, dangerous, consistent player with X-factor we'd need to give up more than we have in this trade period. Motlop has all of those except consistency and would be a very good pickup. The only slight hesitation would be broad similarity to Fasolo and Elliott.

The club needs to take into account attitude and "culture" fit, but as a player I'd be very happy for us to recruit him.

I simply don't rate him much as a player. I'd rather go for someone like the nephew of Michael Long, who played in the Bulldogs VFL Grand final team. I just think that Bucks wants players who exert extreme defensive pressure in our forward line and Motlop is way too lazy to do that.
Rush Stand Wing 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:41 pm

He sings pretty music yet dresses up as Easy E at end of season - I'd say he has issues.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:09 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
jackcass wrote:
themonk wrote:
richo wrote:

I simply don't rate him much as a player. I'd rather go for someone like the nephew of Michael Long, who played in the Bulldogs VFL Grand final team. I just think that Bucks wants players who exert extreme defensive pressure in our forward line and Motlop is way too lazy to do that.

Yes

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:41 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Culprit wrote:
richo wrote:

Whats big bucks? Id like to know what he'd be on tbh.
Rumored to be on 600k
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:45 pm

No I don't think there are any.
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:00 pm

Jack Frost on the outer, Pies can't guarantee a contract, Lions look likely. via Tom Browne 7news #gopies
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:00 pm

Bucks proves that you can really trust the Player Movement Talk from the Media
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:21 pm

Cloke thread is locked so will put this here:

Cloke won't be at Collingwood next year, but it's not because of his kicking. His accuracy issues are hugely overstated. Since 2010 he's an average kick, not a terrible one.

His accuracy was 59.1% between 2011 and 2015. This was a great improvement on his early career accuracy of 49.5%.

He was more accurate than Buddy, and less than 1% less accurate than Reiwoldt, Roughead, Tippett and T.Walker. It's just not possible to call him a woeful kick for goal. Sure, he misses easy ones but so do many players.

I had a dream that Cloke had improved his kicking

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:28 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Cloke thread is locked so will put this here

Start a new thread mate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 28 of 50   

Jump to: