Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2016 Delistings, Retirements, Re-signings & Trade Winds

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Fans can complain all they like, but only those in our football department are across all the facts, regarding player contracts, salary cap space, draft needs and market value. Our club has a pretty good record in recent years in getting the players we want to our club, so I'm comfortable in just sitting back and waiting until the draft period is over to access how we've gone.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:53 am

It's a bit rich for David Cloke to whine about Collingwood having no faith in his son. These are the people who helped destroy our 2012 season with their prolonged negotiations. If I remember correctly, Bucks has always been a huge supporter of Travis Cloke. Didn't he say last year that he was a favourite because of the way he trained and always tried to improve? I think he said something along those lines on more than one occasion. Glad to see the back of this entitled family.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:23 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Fans can complain all they like, but only those in our football department are across all the facts, regarding player contracts, salary cap space, draft needs and market value. Our club has a pretty good record in recent years in getting the players we want to our club, so I'm comfortable in just sitting back and waiting until the draft period is over to access how we've gone.

I don't know about you but I find it quite hard to just sit back and wait for the draft period to be over. It seems that the draft period goes for longer than the actual playing season does, with most of the action taking place very close to the end.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:41 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Well the club had me a bit worried when the rumours were circulating that we had offered Boomer a contract for the next two years.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:12 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Well the club had me a bit worried when the rumours were circulating that we had offered Boomer a contract for the next two years.

Why bother investing any angst until the deal is actually done. Just about every player on the move is linked to Collingwood, very few actually come to fruition.
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:38 pm

What was the latest with North's Aaron Black?

Is he a free agent? Where has he been linked to?
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:40 pm

jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Why bother investing any angst until the deal is actually done. Just about every player on the move is linked to Collingwood, very few actually come to fruition.

Now where's the fun in that jackass? Laughing
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:59 pm

King Malta wrote:
jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Now where's the fun in that jackass? Laughing

Speculate all you want, but it shouldn't cost anything, otherwise you're doing it wrong.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:42 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
It's a bit rich for David Cloke to whine about Collingwood having no faith in his son. These are the people who helped destroy our 2012 season with their prolonged negotiations. If I remember correctly, Bucks has always been a huge supporter of Travis Cloke. Didn't he say last year that he was a favourite because of the way he trained and always tried to improve? I think he said something along those lines on more than one occasion. Glad to see the back of this entitled family.

Much as I want Cloke to stay, I agree totally here. That just got ridiculous

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:51 pm

think positive wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

Much as I want Cloke to stay, I agree totally here. That just got ridiculous

It brings to mind the comment Bucks made about Freeman when he went to the Saints "I wish him luck, but his problems will go with him". In Travis's case, his problems lie with his demented old man. Good riddance I say.
Rush Stand Wing 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:14 pm

Paul Connors confirmed today, Blair will be given another contract with the Club. I'm glad.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:20 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

But the club didn't have you worried though. Damien Barrett and a bunch of rumour mongers on the Internet did.

Have faith mate. The Club isn't infallible but neither is it staffed by complete retards, in spite of what some of the armchair experts like to tell you.

It does get ironic though when a perceptive fellow gives a dodgy rumour some traction, then attacks the club for being incompetent for thinking about it, even though 1) the club didn't think about it and 2) it was really only the "perceptive" fellow who thought the rumour had any grounds in reality.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:47 pm

So from Today.

- Wells not made his mind up and still good chance he could choose Cats over us

- Cloke pretty much going to be Giving CLoke away

- WHE like to come to Collingwood

Nothing on Mayne

mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:51 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
So from Today.

Nothing on Mayne

Wells could also stay at North. My read of Pickering's comments is it will be North or Collingwood. He said Geelong have some interest.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:57 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
So from Today.

Nothing on Mayne

2 more years given to Blair apparently.
Yep the hobbit has those pictures locked up in a bank vault.
Marley is an unknown.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 30 of 50   

Jump to: