Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2016 Delistings, Retirements, Re-signings & Trade Winds

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, didn't think it was worth it.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:38 pm

Am I silly to hope for Jonty Scharenberg in the ND?

Is there any chance at all that he'll be there at pick 25? One thing I read had him ranked as the 30th best player going in and another said top 15.

If you guys know, where do you think he sits? Is it likely a SA club will take him early? Currently, the Crows have pick 14. There next pick is 50. Port have 9 and 45.

If he gets past the Crows pick 14, is it at any way possible that he'll pass 7 other clubs (10 picks) to our first pick at 25?

Is he the player we could be looking for? I feel like having both Scharenbergs at the club could only be a good thing, and could give Matthew something extra in his pre season/recovery.

I'd be rapt to walk out with Daicos, Brown and Scharenberg.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:04 pm

Tom Browne of Channel 7 reports Gold Coast "the front runner" for Lin Jong, but Will Hoskin-Elliott to us "on huge money"...

https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/782487918728261632

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:10 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Tom Browne of Channel 7 reports Gold Coast "the front runner" for Lin Jong, but Will Hoskin-Elliott to us "on huge money"...

https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/782487918728261632

They also showed Cloke decked out in red, white and blue, saying he hopes to get to the Bulldogs.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:14 pm

In the segment before the one I linked, but yes, they did.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:06 am

Is this a dumb suggestion?

Cloke and pick 25 to Bulldogs for Pick 18.

Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:31 am

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/western-bulldogs/departing-collingwood-forward-travis-cloke-cant-wait-to-start-working-with-luke-beveridge/news-story/140426735da6a614ca0c029b13782357

TRAVIS Cloke’s father says he is looking forward to playing for a coach who believes in him ahead of his imminent move to the Western Bulldogs.

That trade could occur as early as next Monday, according to David Cloke, with the Pies likely to accept a fourth-round pick for the 29-year-old forward.

The trade period starts on Monday October 10 and Cloke believes the deal could be done on the first day given a level of comfort in the agreement by both parties.

The Dogs have pick 59 and have committed to Cloke but after a premiership win for the ages some Dogs fans might wonder if they still need Cloke.

Cloke said Travis couldn’t wait to get started at the Bulldogs to gain a fresh start after being dropped three times by Nathan Buckley this year.

“They can do with another tall forward up there and to have a coach who has confidence in his player as well will be good for Travis,’’ he said.

“He is looking forward to next season and a new opportunity with new thoughts and a coach who has confidence in the way he knows he can play.

“That’s what Luke Beveridge shows in his players. He has confidence in Travis and knows him from their time at Collingwood a number of years back.

“Travis’ body is in good nick so he’s had the medicals and they are happy with what they found and both parties are looking forward to next year even before what happened yesterday.”

Cloke has just returned from a holiday and is again training before the start of Dogs pre-season before a New Year’s Eve wedding to fiance Rebecca Panozza.

His father denied he had played heavy this year despite Collingwood’s belief he needed to lose another 5kg to regain agility and mobility.

“I see in the AFL footy record it says he is 108kg. I think he’s probably around 101kg. He has been that all year and he gets over the field and covers the kilometres,’’ he said.

“He is back into training and doing bits and pieces and looking forward to next year already. So whenever the pre-season starts he will be ready to go.”

Big T 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:48 am

Can't wait to see the back of him and his family.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:32 am

Pick 58? These guys are the reigning premiers so they should be paying up a lot more.

It's lunacy to make our enemy stronger at a bargain cost. Mark Williams had the right idea with Nick Stevens, and I'd let Trav go into the PSD for nothing before letting a prospective finals opponent have him for diddly squat.

GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:33 am

maybe they are paying his contract out
Ev5Magpies Virgo

Ev5Magpies

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:41 am

That will be the trade off if he goes to the Dogs... We get a paltry Rd 4 pick for him if they pay all of his contract therefore allowing us to clear another $400K off our books...
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:45 am

Bucks5 wrote:
Pick 58? These guys are the reigning premiers so they should be paying up a lot more.

It's lunacy to make our enemy stronger at a bargain cost. Mark Williams had the right idea with Nick Stevens, and I'd let Trav go into the PSD for nothing before letting a prospective finals opponent have him for diddly squat.

He is contracted so he can't be part of the pre season draft. He is either traded or he stays. He wants to leave & we want him to leave. Leaving is a good result regardless of the draft pick he is swapped for as it gives a bit more salary cap flexibility.
Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:24 am

What has cloke done in the last 3 years to suggest he is worth much more?
He will be 29 next year.

Frankly I am far happier seeing a Cox/Moore, White/Moore, White/Cox combination than one that has Cloke in it.

Many sides seem to be getting by without a tall forward line.
Boyd was huge in the GF but their crumbers snapped goals from all over the place.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:27 am

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Bucks5 wrote:

He is contracted so he can't be part of the pre season draft. He is either traded or he stays. He wants to leave & we want him to leave. Leaving is a good result regardless of the draft pick he is swapped for as it gives a bit more salary cap flexibility.

I think he can still go to the drafts if both parties agree to void the contract.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:55 am

jackcass wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Bucks5 wrote:

I think he can still go to the drafts if both parties agree to void the contract.

That's never going to happen. I think there will be TPP issues if that occurs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 29 of 50   

Jump to: