Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2016 Delistings, Retirements, Re-signings & Trade Winds

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion Prestia nomintates the Tiges - with his knees and their recruitment history, what could possibly go wrong?
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:19 pm

Bucks2014 wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
I just attended a charity luncheon and was chatting to a QAFL person who indicated Jaegar O'Meara's management were this week speaking to 3 Melbourne clubs before announcing next week his preferred club of destination. Those 3 clubs were Hawthorne North Melbourne and Collingwood
He thought Hawthorne would have been his club of choice but doubted that they had the currency to get a deal done unless they would consider releasing Scicilly and Whitecross to the Suns (he didn't think that would happen) North Melbourne didn't have the currency either but may be able to manufacture a trade package involving other clubs. He then said Collingwood could get a deal done by sending 2 players to the Suns this season and a second round draft pick next year as the Suns have loads of draft picks this season but would like to bolster there academy pick values for the following year.
He said if he was a betting man Hawthorne would be nominated but how they got the deal done would be the hard part. He thought we had the best opportunity to deal with the Suns as we had players they could slot straight into the Suns side something they needed but it would need O'Meara to agree to coming to us and is sending the right players north to them.
I would love him here but I really hope we are extremely cautious with this kids knee history don't need another player side lined for years

I don't see why Hawthorn wouldn't send Whitecross across, with injuries etc he doesn't seem to be apart of their best 22. Sicily on the other hand agree, no way the kids going to be a star.

Anyway sorry qldmagpie who would they want from the Pies? Who would go?

On a tangent still can't believe Paul Roos was suppose to be a magpie. I never knew of this.

Whitecross is a Qld boy from north Brisbane region may be cool with going home but if you watched the last few weeks he's been very valuable to the Hawks and they stuck with him through 2 knees and gave him a contract extension during that time. Scicilly is interesting only has 1 yr remaining on his current deal and seems to be a decent player but really if Roughie was back would he be commanding a game in front or Gunston and Bruest ? These where just the names thrown up to me don't know if the Suns would want either or if the Hawks would part with them.
From us Oxley comes to mind quickly but depends on what they want really in terms of players but we might be able to manufacture something who knows.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:24 pm

Lone Ranger wrote:
Love this "nominate" a club ... only free agents can nominate a club. For people like Omeara whose choice is trade or draft, it should be considered tampering with the draft if you "nominate" a club.

yeah, i don't understand how players who are not free agents can nominate clubs. how is this not prejudicial to allowing things to play out? how does it help equalisation?

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:44 pm

JW Richmond have announced Troy Chapman retiring and they delisted McBean (a KPP) and Marcon
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:57 pm

ben lennon has asked for a trade and alipate carlile has retired.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:43 pm

Quote:
Luke Delaney, Tom Curren, Josh Saunders and Brenton Payne have been advised that they will not be offered contracts for 2017.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:57 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Dion Prestia nomintates the Tiges - with his knees and their recruitment history, what could possibly go wrong?

Watch all the Tiger Fans and Richmond Mafia say how much better he is then Treloar Laughing

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:37 pm

Lone Ranger wrote:
Love this "nominate" a club ... only free agents can nominate a club. For people like Omeara whose choice is trade or draft, it should be considered tampering with the draft if you "nominate" a club.

Just proves that free agency was not necessary in the AFL, but we had to follow suit because every other sport has it.

Well, lots of other sports can sell players, tear up contracts and trade players without their consent. Maybe we should allow that too?

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:56 pm

Vickery to Hawthorn now looks likely.

The Hawks are the masters, but I'm having trouble seeing this one.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:20 pm

gold coast:

Seb Tape, Luke Russell, Tom Keough and Danny Stanley have all been informed that they will not be offered new contracts in 2017.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:30 pm

John Wren wrote:
gold coast:

Seb Tape, Luke Russell, Tom Keough and Danny Stanley have all been informed that they will not be offered new contracts in 2017.

Seb Tape and Luke Russell can consider themselves unlucky considering Prestia and O'Meara have walked. Bottom four for GCS again in 2017.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:32 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:

Wasn't aware Prestia had knee issues, you thinking of O'Meara?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:57 pm

Gold Coast have first round picks to burn. They're likely to have to take Richmonds first round pick for Prestia as there's no players they want.

So they have a lot of first round picks and want some mature players. Who could we trade to them that they would give a first round pick for?

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:48 pm

hamish hartlett being shopped around.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:32 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Vickery to Hawthorn now looks likely.

The Hawks are the masters, but I'm having trouble seeing this one.

I reckon they've got him in his prime. He is 26, knows the game & in a very good team just has to play a role - he can kick 1-2 goals a game easy peasy & is not getting any shorter. New environment at his age with his attributes; Hawks have done it again IMO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 8 of 50   

Jump to: