Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Moving Forward 2017

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
duke750 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:04 pm
Post subject: Moving Forward 2017Reply with quote

I am looking forward to round 1 2017 with a forward line of Moore, Cox, White, Elliot, Fasolo and Sidebottom. It is the role of Pendles, Adams, Treloar, DeGoey, Aish, Greenwood, Crisp, Howe, Varcoe, Smith, Grundy et al to kick the ball forward (preferably to advantage) and we will kick winning scores.

How many sleeps until round 1 2017?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

i like that forward line. It has three AFL standard forwards in it (and Sidey). Assuming Moore can average around 4 goals a game, we might be able to average 77 points per game with those guys up front.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:16 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
i like that forward line. It has three AFL standard forwards in it (and Sidey). Assuming Moore can average around 4 goals a game, we might be able to average 77 points per game with those guys up front.

Which modern players average around 4 goals a game?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:17 pm

I thought the sarcasm was thick enough not to require an emoticon?
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:19 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
I thought the sarcasm was thick enough not to require an emoticon?

Maybe I've drunk too much.

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:52 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Fair point considering we're ranked 17 in efficiency inside 50
duke750 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:09 pm

Ok. You've had your chance at being sarcastic. Now put forward another forward line based on who we have on our list. And please don't put up Cloke or Blair.
hot pie Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:44 am

hey duke750 I cant see why people can Blair, Cloke is done and dusted at the Pies, but Blair what is wrong with you Man??
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:38 pm

duke750 wrote:
Ok. You've had your chance at being sarcastic. Now put forward another forward line based on who we have on our list. And please don't put up Cloke or Blair.

Why bother? Every day or two someone starts another "our best 22" thread. Theyr're all pointless.

To humour you, though, I don't think we have 6 competent AFL-standard forwards capable of playing winning finals footy on our list at the moment, so I'm happy just to see what unfolds in trade period and reassess who might play there after that.

Thus, Moore, Elliott and Fasolo would get a nod from me. The other three spots are all up for grabs - and Sidebottom can't possibly play as a permanent forward both because he's our second-best mid and because if he's in the forward line, there'll be no-one to feed the ball to the other guys.

So, in summary, I think - as our list presently sits (and assuming that Elliott can stand without assistance from therapeutic devices by round 1, 2017) we have two or three (depending upon whether you want a five or six man forward line) spots up for grabs. Crocker may make one his own (he has the requisite skills and kicks beautifully) and Blair will almost certainly have another but otherwise there are "position vacant" signs up all over the shop.

I might be completely mistaken. It might be that we do have all the necessary forwards and it's just the coach that's useless - we'll probably have to wait at least 18 months to find that out.

You may be interested to review this thread, which I started 3 and a half seasons ago. Save that Cloke is no longer a force, I think most it is still current: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=70891&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=scoring+power&start=0
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:00 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
duke750 wrote:

Why bother? Every day or two someone starts another "our best 22" thread. Theyr're all pointless.

To humour you, though, I don't think we have 6 competent AFL-standard forwards capable of playing winning finals footy on our list at the moment, so I'm happy just to see what unfolds in trade period and reassess who might play there after that.

Thus, Moore, Elliott and Fasolo would get a nod from me. The other three spots are all up for grabs - and Sidebottom can't possibly play as a permanent forward both because he's our second-best mid and because if he's in the forward line, there'll be no-one to feed the ball to the other guys.

So, in summary, I think - as our list presently sits (and assuming that Elliott can stand without assistance from therapeutic devices by round 1, 2017) we have two or three (depending upon whether you want a five or six man forward line) spots up for grabs. Crocker may make one his own (he has the requisite skills and kicks beautifully) and Blair will almost certainly have another but otherwise there are "position vacant" signs up all over the shop.

I might be completely mistaken. It might be that we do have all the necessary forwards and it's just the coach that's useless - we'll probably have to wait at least 18 months to find that out.

You may be interested to review this thread, which I started 3 and a half seasons ago. Save that Cloke is no longer a force, I think most it is still current: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=70891&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=scoring+power&start=0

P4S disagree about Sidey I think it should be a forward. He isn't our second best mid by a long way on current and recent form and he is ranked 5th among our mids for forward entires so that argument doesn't stack up at all mate.
I believe he could be one of the best small forwards in the game as he reads a game well has a decent tank to run his opponent around up and down the ground at will and in front of goals is better than a 50/50 bet which so many in our forward line are like Cloke Blair White are
I would love to see Moore Sidey Fasalo Elliott Cox White get first crack at it next season. Cox plays deep in goal square basically leaving Moore and White to manoeuvre around and Elliott and Fasalo to keep the them guessing with there leading and leaping and Sidey to play as a crumber 20-30m out in front of Cox.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: