Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Tigers. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
So, which of our half-back flankers will have the 26 kick, 8 rebound 50 game that destroys Richmond next week? We used to have a guy like that - where did he go?

Taylor adams, of course. The bloke we got for Heath Shaw.

I wasn't suggesting we should undo any trade - I was pointing out that Heater took Richmond apart in a way none of our defenders could possibly do, given that Richmond are our opposition next week. But since you raise the comparison, I see that Adams has never had 26 kicks or 8 rebound 50s (and he sure as hell never had a day when he kicked at 100% efficiency - unless kicks onto the chest of an opposition player count), so what's the relevance of your comment? The point of my comment was that Richmond had been humiliated in large part because of the presence in the GWS defence of a kind of player we simply do not have (except, of course, when the Future Captain is back in the team, fully fit).

Shaw is averaging 22 kicks and 8 rebound 50s per game and his game against Richmond yesterday was just another average day at the office for him. No-one in their right mind would select Adams to play Shaw's position if Shaw were available - and you know that.

Shaw's kicks and R50s heavily inflated by playing on from a kick-in scenario but don't let that stop you.

I'd love for any of our defenders to be able to "heavily inflate" their stats with long, penetrating kicks to targets the way Shaw does.

Also, I suppose I should respectfully observe that no-one much did much playing on from kick-ins against Richmond, yesterday, since they only kicked 5 behinds. Perhaps that's why he only had the 26 kicks?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:31 pm

mattys123 wrote:
I don't get the "Richmond will bounce back from an embarrassing performance thing".

They were absolutely terrible against the Hawks in the final quarter yet they didn't fight back from that embarrassment against GWS.

Shit club, shit coach, shit leaders, they are going nowhere.

They might put a fight up for 10 minutes against us but that will be about it.

Pies easily.

As for changes;

Out; Moore (inj), Williams (can't kick), Crocker
In; Cox/Fasolo (if Fas is fit he comes in), Goldsack, Blair (love child of Bucks)

Goldy offers us so much more than what Marley does at the moment.

Not sure why you'd want Williams out. Hasn't been great but yesterday he at least showed improvement. I'd be leaving him in the seniors unless Sinclair is assessed as fit to play.

Did you get to watch the VFL yesterday? If so I'm not sure why you'd want Goldsack promoted. Had an ordinary day, lots of mistakes, fumbles and turnovers. Tooves clearly better for mine.

Too early in the week to contemplate changes but Blair, Faz, Cox and Tooves the likely inclusions. Moore and Crocker the likely outs.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:35 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
jackcass wrote:
John Wren wrote:
marsh might get a week from the mrp.

Que?

Cheap gut punch. Dunstall (I think it was) potted him on the broadcast.

so did sen. got a bit of air time.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:47 pm

Congrats to Levi for 100 games (I think) assuming he plays.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:07 pm

jackcass wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
I don't get the "Richmond will bounce back from an embarrassing performance thing".

They were absolutely terrible against the Hawks in the final quarter yet they didn't fight back from that embarrassment against GWS.

Pies easily.

As for changes;

In; Cox/Fasolo (if Fas is fit he comes in), Goldsack, Blair (love child of Bucks)

Not sure why you'd want Williams out. Hasn't been great but yesterday he at least showed improvement. I'd be leaving him in the seniors unless Sinclair is assessed as fit to play.

Did you get to watch the VFL yesterday? If so I'm not sure why you'd want Goldsack promoted. Had an ordinary day, lots of mistakes, fumbles and turnovers. Tooves clearly better for mine.

Too early in the week to contemplate changes but Blair, Faz, Cox and Tooves the likely inclusions. Moore and Crocker the likely outs.

"Not sure why you would want Williams out".......

"Blair... Toovey likely inclusions....."

I rest my case against you <snip>

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:57 pm

We should win this game comfortably. In saying that, we should have beaten many teams this year and failed. I have no confidence going into this game whatsoever.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:07 pm

Culprit wrote:
We should win this game comfortably. In saying that, we should have beaten many teams this year and failed. I have no confidence going into this game whatsoever.

Yep, no overconfidence from this little black duck, that's for sure, we only beat em by one point last time, and they will be in a shitty mood. Lets just put our heads down, bums up, and ground out a win, against a very overrated team, a train wreck going nowhere fast. Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:29 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
So, which of our half-back flankers will have the 26 kick, 8 rebound 50 game that destroys Richmond next week? We used to have a guy like that - where did he go?

I wasn't suggesting we should undo any trade - I was pointing out that Heater took Richmond apart in a way none of our defenders could possibly do, given that Richmond are our opposition next week. But since you raise the comparison, I see that Adams has never had 26 kicks or 8 rebound 50s (and he sure as hell never had a day when he kicked at 100% efficiency - unless kicks onto the chest of an opposition player count), so what's the relevance of your comment? The point of my comment was that Richmond had been humiliated in large part because of the presence in the GWS defence of a kind of player we simply do not have (except, of course, when the Future Captain is back in the team, fully fit).

Shaw is averaging 22 kicks and 8 rebound 50s per game and his game against Richmond yesterday was just another average day at the office for him. No-one in their right mind would select Adams to play Shaw's position if Shaw were available - and you know that.

Shaw's kicks and R50s heavily inflated by playing on from a kick-in scenario but don't let that stop you.

I'd love for any of our defenders to be able to "heavily inflate" their stats with long, penetrating kicks to targets the way Shaw does.

Also, I suppose I should respectfully observe that no-one much did much playing on from kick-ins against Richmond, yesterday, since they only kicked 5 behinds. Perhaps that's why he only had the 26 kicks?

Didn't see the game so can only assume he had a good one but you were talking about his season averages and as I say they are artificially inflated. Think he's had a few games with more than 26 kicks but equally had a few low-mid teens games. I just find it interesting that you're comparing 1 of the leagues elite performers by position with a few kids in our side who haven't even established themselves at senior level.

And for the record, Shaw 29 disposals @ 78% DE v Smith 28 @ 82% and no luxury of 5 free disposals and in his 12th or 13th senior game.... just saying.

Last edited by jackcass on Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:50 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

With due respect P4S, I've noticed that you seem to have a longing for our old team, always talking up Heater and Cloke, but quick to find fault in our newer players like Adams and Moore. At some point I reckon you should just emotionally let go and enjoy watching our new brigade blossom into great players. For the record, Heater was just about my favourite player, but I thought he had to leave in the end....for his sake and for ours. I reckon we're already ahead on that deal, as Adams would currently be my choice as Collingwood captain.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:49 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
With due respect P4S, I've noticed that you seem to have a longing for our old team, always talking up Heater and Cloke, but quick to find fault in our newer players like Adams and Moore. At some point I reckon you should just emotionally let go and enjoy watching our new brigade blossom into great players. For the record, Heater was just about my favourite player, but I thought he had to leave in the end....for his sake and for ours. I reckon we're already ahead on that deal, as Adams would currently be my choice as Collingwood captain.

I had Adams BOG yesterday, most media had him among the best. Can't complain about his contributions.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:14 am

^ P4S, if your sole point was that Shaw is a uniquely raking kick and a damn fine player, then i agree. However, if your point was (as it seemed to me) to lament that we do not have a great player off half back who will contribute greatly to defeating Richmond next week because we traded away Heath Shaw, i think it is highly relevant that we obtained such a player through the Shaw trade. We also gained a future captain and ten more years of great leadership. Perhaps that last point is less relevant, but hopefully it tempers your lamentation.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:22 am

John Wren wrote:
marsh might get a week from the mrp.

For What? Heard nothing Reported

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:23 am

mattys123 wrote:

Pies easily.

As for changes;

Same way as North Fired up after being Very Ordinary for quite awhile

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:27 am

Mugwump wrote:
^ P4S, if your sole point was that Shaw is a uniquely raking kick and a damn fine player, then i agree. However, if your point was (as it seemed to me) to lament that we do not have a great player off half back who will contribute greatly to defeating Richmond next week because we traded away Heath Shaw, i think it is highly relevant that we obtained such a player through the Shaw trade. We also gained a future captain and ten more years of great leadership. Perhaps that last point is less relevant, but hopefully it tempers your lamentation.

You raised the comparison between Shaw and Adams, not me. It was, of course, a complete red herring. You would no more pick Adams to play as a running half-back ahead of Shaw than you would pick Shaw to play as an inside mid ahead of Adams.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:59 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

You raised the comparison between Shaw and Adams, not me. It was, of course, a complete red herring. You would no more pick Adams to play as a running half-back ahead of Shaw than you would pick Shaw to play as an inside mid ahead of Adams.

A red herring ? No, I don't think so. Paraphrasing slightly, you asked rhetorically, "what happened to Heath Shaw who destroyed Richmond last weekend?", to which the answer : "traded for Adams, another player of at least comparable value in the quest to defeat Richmond" seems a fairly fish-coloured herring, at least insofar as it counters your implication (as I saw it) that we were stupid to lose Heath Shaw.

Anyway, you can have the last word as we are probably not advancing the sum of human knowledge at this point. I wish Heater was still playing for us, of course.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9   

Jump to: