Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Tigers. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
So Blair will play the hit-up target at CHF (as he has for his last 100 games) in place of Moore - but how does Cox replace De Goey?

Lol, yes if we are found to be a midfielder short by full time friday night, i'll have no problem whatsoever broadcasting Buckley's selection criteria loud and clear in the post match thread.

Good news is, "those photos" stay out of the media for at least another week.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:58 pm

So the hobbit comes straight back in.
Beyond belief that such a dud is constantly considered.
Has 13 goals for the year.
Wow, what a superstar.

Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:09 pm

piedys wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
So Blair will play the hit-up target at CHF (as he has for his last 100 games) in place of Moore - but how does Cox replace De Goey?

Lol, yes if we are found to be a midfielder short by full time friday night, i'll have no problem whatsoever broadcasting Buckley's selection criteria loud and clear in the post match thread.

Good news is, "those photos" stay out of the media for at least another week.

Absolutely Dyso our forward line has no flair and Sidey will need to kick at least 3 goals (cause Blair will kick 0-1) and spend plenty time forward. As bad as JDG has been and his comments do deserve him to be dropped, an extra midfielder would have been handy. Hopefully Cox and Cloke kick a few goals.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:25 pm

Let's hope the delivery to Cloke, Cox and White is an improvement on last week for a start.
I do actually hope Blair justifies his selection with a solid performance; because as I said, if it proves wrong, I shall indeed go off my titties...

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:36 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
BBHS wrote:
Treloar will probably have 46 Possessions. Jessie White to kick 3 Pies by 38

Can we afford Treloar to handball 38 times in one game? Wink

I would be more concerned with Sidey's 18 turnovers that's 10 goal,head start for bitchmond 🤑

In 2016, Sidebottom is presently ranked at Collingwood:

- 2nd in kicks (behind Pendlebury);

- 3rd in marks (behind Reid and Howe);

- 3rd in total disposals (because he doesn't handball nearly as much as the other midfielders);

- 5th in the goal-kicking (behind Fasolo, Moore, White and Cox);

- 6th for tackles;

- 6th for rebounds (of the midfielders, only Pendles is ahead of him);

- 3rd in inside 50s;

- 3rd for goal assists;

- 7th in clearances (because you want your best user of the ball to be getting it on the outside); and

- 7th for clangers (but Greenwood, Treloar, Crisp and De Goey all have more - and Pendles has the same number).

He averages 2.75 clangers per game this season. Since he kicks so much, as a proportion of his disposals, and has more kicks per game than Treloar or Pendlebury (he has 13.6 kicks per game, whilst Pendles has 13.3 and Treloar has 12.1), you'd expect him to have more clangers than the guys who handball more of the time. But that's not the case - Treloar has 3.2 clangers per game, Adams has 3.3 and Greenwood has nearly 4. Pendles is slightly better than Sidey (averaging 2.4).

So, one way to look at it is to say that for every 3 games played, Sidey has one more kick and one more clanger than Pendlebury. That is, of course, why they are both elite.

That's great and if he can improve on some of those stats before seasons end we might get a late second round pick at the trade table instead of the 3rd round he's currently worth 😂😂😂😭😛
Stats mean nothing I did a report mid season and it had Frost as our most elite kick (eff wise) at over 85%
He should have more kicks than handballs because he gets given it after someone else's hard work winning it. Treloar Pendles etc use the handball in traffic and congestion so that makes sense.
P4S I know his your love child mate but even you must admit at times some of his kicking is extremely frustrating
I'll bet you this
He will finish below Treloar and Pendles in Copeland voting Brownlow voting All Australian voting AFLPA MVP voting (all of which he hasn't won before and won't win this season either)
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:05 pm

Both teams in the OP.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:12 pm

Blair is back on deck, now that's gotta please the Blair loathers no end, like our dear buddy Thompsec, hes must be jumping handsprings of unbridled joy knowing his "fab fave "player is back. LOL LOL

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:19 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Blair is back on deck, now that's gotta please the Blair loathers no end, like our dear buddy Thompsec, hes must be jumping handsprings of unbridled joy knowing his "fab fave "player is back. LOL LOL

very funny.
And did we miss him last week.
NO!!!!!!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:26 pm

HE might surprise yer mate, and boot four snags. Stranger things have happened eh. Wink

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:43 pm

Not sure why we have weakened our midfield by dropping a midfielder, when the midfield was what won us the game last week. Our midfield's defensive pressure was massive last week, and was the key factor that restricted WC to a score signficantly below their average. Our midfield was massive at both ends: to assist our defence, but also by running into our F50 and applying massive tackling pressure there as well. De Goey might not have been a star, but his role was important in that he was there, applying pressure so that another midfielder could rotate. Now that option has been removed. Is Blair's presence adequate compensation? It certainly reduces our flexibility, since his role is restricted to the forward half. I don't like this move to be honest...would have preferred to retain the dynamism of a deep midfield.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:47 pm

On second thoughts...Richmond's forwards are not as dangerous as West Coast Eagles, so maybe the thinking is that our midfield will not have the same massive responsibilities in defence as last week, so the added pressure that Blair brings at ground level in the forward half is in fact more than adequate ocmpensation. I see the logic now.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:16 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

very funny.
And did we miss him last week.
NO!!!!!!

HE might surprise yer mate, and boot four snags. Stranger things have happened eh. Wink

Well, he does play his best against trash, so it's on the cards...

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:17 pm

thompsoc wrote:
So the hobbit comes straight back in.
Beyond belief that such a dud is constantly considered.
Has 13 goals for the year.
Wow, what a superstar.

Yep, your simplistic measure of a player's value is amazing. How many goals have they kicked. Brilliant. How did you come up with that? Only thing is, it puts a lot of pressure on Howe, Reid, Brown, Grundy, Aish, Pendlebury, Cox, Sidebottom, Greenwood, Cloke................hope we have enough for a team.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9   

Jump to: