Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies whack Weagles. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
first time this year that I have looked at the AFL ladder.
A little shocked that we have zero chance of making the 8.
Even if we win the next 4 games and make it to 12 wins.
A wasted year and if anyone thinks different ...go catch a rabbit!!!!!

if you cant see that ladder position is not the only measure of improvement then that's very unfortunate.

WTF.
Not making the finals in any year is a waste.
This team was good enough to make the finals in 2016.
There is no really outstanding club at the moment.
The flag is up for grabs and we are not even in the grand parade.

Dunno bout that, James Hird once said some years ago, that finishing third after losing a Prelim final, is as wasteful a season, as finishing thirteenth on the ladder at seasons end. Just saying. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:56 pm

In which broadcast from the ruined bunker of his reputation did Hird say that ?

All i can say as a supporter is that I'd sure as hell prefer to watch my team make it to the prelim and lose, than make it to 12th. The scenery on a drive to a prelim is better than it is on a drive to 12th.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:03 pm

He said it after the Dons had just lost a close Prelim, I think they lost to the bluescum way back, long before the drugs business. I take your point, but having seen the Pies lose quite a few Prelims, one step off the big dance, I sure got no pleasure outa it. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:07 pm

No - but there's a lot of fun along the way and it's much better than losing a GF (because no-one much remembers).
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:16 pm

think positive wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:
^While clearly some of Sidebottom's appeal is his ability to finish, his elite running capability is one of his key strengths. Not sure parking him up forward makes best use of that. He needs to be up the ground to run his opponents of their legs and then get on the end of plays I think.

Agree, but also with the post above. If we had a better defence and he didn't have to go down back so much we would be better off. Is there a reason frost isn't playing? So many youngsters screwing up kick ins and such, we really need a general down back. Reid has saved our defence this year, he has made up for Browns loss of speed, but neither are natural leaders for the back line. We need a maxy or a shaw down there. I'd go with Adams, but gees, that non mark that put him on his arse! He needs a bit more time me thinks!

Back to Sidey, if he could play the front half, and leave the defending, well, the skies the limit. We need defenders. I reckon give Cloke a shot at it. Even for 10 min. He's doing **** all forward. That miss from 20 straight in front on a 50, that broke me. I was begging him all night to prove everyone wrong with a five goal haul. But that is unforgivable

Ball only gets into the defense because we've been beaten in the midfield.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:57 am

Great win, Aish had his best game. Darcy showed how good he is going to be. We still got to be better with disposal but its improving. Was wrapped with Rupert Wills , 11 tackles in a Debut I reckon Scotty Burns would have loved that also his old number is looking good on Johno Marsh who did some good things on Saturday. Treloar's snap and our endeavour not to drop our heads in the last after Cripp's goal should this side has some grit.

www.facebook/the hybernators
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:02 am

Why?
Black and White Reviews 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:18 pm

check out my review guys! great win!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcDywa9eovI

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVoXrk-SeVZpGvDLzif8IyQ
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:52 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Great effort and I'm pleased I was wrong think I'll bag us again this week and watch us destroy the toothless ones.
Plenty of positives again
Thought Smith Aish had there best games for the club
Grundy is improving every week
Moore before he got injured looked like having a career breakout day hope his not badly injured
Wills tackled like a machine think he had 11 and we had a record high that shows commitment

Still our disposal is below par well below par really
Some of the turn overs from experienced players is mind boggling really
Sidey should be shown a video package of his last 6 weeks and those freaking dinky kicks that always seem to cost us goals and told every time he does it again we are taking $10,000 a error from his next contract. On recent efforts he will paying us around $400 million a season to play
Varcoe I don't know what's happened to you recently but heck your a waste of a jersey lately you need to stand up and be counted. Show the form you had early in the season and freaking do something constructive for the team
Less said about Brown the better
Cloke lucky we need some trade value from you otherwise you would struggle getting a game in the seconds with efforts like today

Tonight's a night to enjoy a sweet victory and sip some lovely reds and watch the replay and enjoy seeing the kids start showing our future

Pleased that you're OK, mate - I thought you might have eaten your own lungs watching Sidey win the game (again). Wink Laughing

Between Sidey and Varcoe of late they've aged me considerably lol Sidey owed us that and I'll stick to my rant for the past 6 weeks why isn't he playing as a small forward all the time. To me it's a no brainer he looks best within 30m of goal. Seriously I could see him as a 40-50 goals a year player easily and we are short of decent small forwards
I'm glad I was wrong mate thought we may have got pumped
One thing that really hit home watching it a second time is that when we play our best we are a decent team even with our iffy disposal at times.
One guy I missed earlier but really had a good game was Smith. Geez his a footballer just goes about his business no frills

Great point about Sidey! Having been recruited on the back of 10 goals in an under 18 game, we as a club have never put Steele in a position to ever go close to emulating that!! It's time.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:26 pm

He kicked those 10 from the midfield. Confused
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:37 am

I did actually say we should be playing Sidebottom in the Fwd line about three years ago because he's a natural goal sneak but whatever....
On the March 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:27 pm

We need to be good enough elsewhere to be able to play Sidey forward more.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:47 pm

^^^ I sort of agree. I think we need to be good enough elsewhere to let Sidebottom run forward into more attacking positions more consistently.

As others have noted, he generates his goals by hard and repeated running, Although he occasionally scores a brilliant goal like the one he scored in the third-quarter against the Wiggles last weekend, most of his goals are created by blowing up his opponent with endurance-running and then moving into space to create the loose man, for a mark or an overlap play.

I'm not sure that he would kick many more goals as a permanent or resting forward - but can see him kicking up around 30 to 35 goals per season if he's able to adopt consistently more advanced positions on the field than he can at present (where he spends a lot of time helping in the defensive area with rebound runs). Given that he also starts a lot of scoring chains from the midfield, there's quite a lot to lose by stationing him permanently close to goal. Unless he can regularly kick 60 to 70 goals per year (which I doubt), I think he's better playing midfield, albeit spending more time going forward than he is able to do, at present.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: