Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Good news and bad news for some here.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:47 am
Post subject: Good news and bad news for some here.Reply with quote

This will be either good news or bad news for posters on Nick's depending on your opinions, however I heard this from an impeccable source on Saturday night.

Buck's will definitely continue coaching Collingwood next year, you can take that to the bank. Bad news for the Buckley haters/bashers but stuff them.

The other thing is that it is about 90% or more certain that Swannie will unfortunately NOT continue playing on next year. He has "enjoyed" his injury break and is highly unlikely to want to go back into a physical training regime again.

A final announcement confirming this will be made within the next month.

themonk 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:05 am
Post subject: Re: Good news and bad news for some here.Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
This will be either good news or bad news for posters on Nick's depending on your opinions, however I heard this from an impeccable source on Saturday night.

Buck's will definitely continue coaching Collingwood next year, you can take that to the bank. Bad news for the Buckley haters/bashers but stuff them.

The other thing is that it is about 90% or more certain that Swannie will unfortunately NOT continue playing on next year. He has "enjoyed" his injury break and is highly unlikely to want to go back into a physical training regime again.

A final announcement confirming this will be made within the next month.

I think both are certainties.

Such a shame as Swanny may have had several 'Daicos like' years in the forward line, on a positive note we now have a bit of flexibility in our salary cap.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

No finals again next year then.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:20 am

Very sad to hear about Swan. His contribution to Collingwood over the last decade has been immense.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:34 am

My take on it is that it is what it is regarding the coach. You usually start how you finish off the season and we started poorly the first half of the season the way we finished off last season, so I guess that's a reflection of where this football club stands at the moment. Totally unacceptable for everything we stand for as a football club, but screaming about it from the rooftops isn't going to turn us around as a football club.
The fact we did turn it around the second half of the season, beating three top eight sides gives up some hope for next season and into the future and is a pointer, suggesting our coaching group must be doing something right to have turned this football club around. But dropping games to sides we should be beating, such as Melbourne, Carlton and St Kilda and being totally uncompetitive against Port Adelaide and Sydney, means the coaching group needs to work harder to address the deficiencies in the side. Namely:
Tackling and kicking skills
Game plan against the craftier sides such as Hawthorn and Sydney
Structure of the team
Game day preparation so we don't play reactive and catchup footy after poor starts
Fitness levels
More on the injury front to prevent soft tissue injuries
List management to produce players that can add to the team rather than just plug holes

Provided we address these issues the position of the senior coach is secondary in my view.

The other news about Swan really is bad news. Sad loss which was coming anyway at some point of time before he got injured. Will be sorely missed.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:35 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Very sad to hear about Swan. His contribution to Collingwood over the last decade has been immense.

Couldn't agree more, one of my all time heroes. However look forward to him being a huge part of the media in the future years.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:43 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
My take on it is that it is what it is regarding the coach. You usually start how you finish off the season and we started poorly the first half of the season the way we finished off last season, so I guess that's a reflection of where this football club stands at the moment. Totally unacceptable for everything we stand for as a football club, but screaming about it from the rooftops isn't going to turn us around as a football club.
The fact we did turn it around the second half of the season, beating three top eight sides gives up some hope for next season and into the future and is a pointer, suggesting our coaching group must be doing something right to have turned this football club around. But dropping games to sides we should be beating, such as Melbourne, Carlton and St Kilda and being totally uncompetitive against Port Adelaide and Sydney, means the coaching group needs to work harder to address the deficiencies in the side. Namely:
Tackling and kicking skills
Game plan against the craftier sides such as Hawthorn and Sydney
Structure of the team
Game day preparation so we don't play reactive and catchup footy after poor starts
Fitness levels
More on the injury front to prevent soft tissue injuries
List management to produce players that can add to the team rather than just plug holes

Provided we address these issues the position of the senior coach is secondary in my view.

The other news about Swan really is bad news. Sad loss which was coming anyway at some point of time before he got injured. Will be sorely missed.

All great points.

BTW, I KNOW that the Buckley bashers/haters will say that this is a pathetic excuse but I honestly don’t believe that Jesus Christ himself would have been able to perform miracles with the injuries we had and in fact continue to have to this very day. I fair dinkum don’t. You can argue as much as you like about the causes but the facts are that it is what it is. These days, after the result, what I look for immediately is whether we have more injuries. I don't ever recall doing this in the 70's, 80's or indeed 90's.

I have absolutely no problems at all very confidently predicting that given a good run with injuries, Collingwood WILL make the finals next year. I will stand by that without any fear or doubt at all. The only thing I don’t know as a mere fallible human being is whether we will be bloody devastated by injuries again. In fact WTF knows. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:50 am

Bob Sugar wrote:
No finals again next year then.

Very funny Bob.
If you don't succeed after one, no two, no three, no four, no five ....give them a 6th year.
We are a caring place at collingwood.
We don't eat our own, we just give them time to settle in for the long haul!!!!
This side was good enough to make the 8 this year.
Poor old Bux is a slow learner.
He is slowly, so very slowly starting to coach a little better.
All the Buckley haters knew long ago the Bux was stopping next year.
As for Swan ....why would you come back at his age.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:31 pm

Buckley will be coach as I keep saying he has the best excuse. Injuries. I just hope he doesn't have that excuse next year.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:45 pm

Culprit wrote:
Buckley will be coach as I keep saying he has the best excuse. Injuries. I just hope he doesn't have that excuse next year.

If he has a reasonably good run with injuries and we still don't make the finals, I will definitely change my current opinion of him. It's always putting Collingwood first and foremost in my thinking. Time will tell.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:54 pm

We already knew this, but it just confirms how far our club has fallen.

It's a huge pity about Swan not being able to have the opportunity to play in another premiership for us but it was almost a given when Bucks was 1st appointed. Regrettably it shall be the same for our other great champion Pendles... its a huge pity but it is what it is.

Really its like watching a train wreck.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:11 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
It's a huge pity about Swan not being able to have the opportunity to play in another premiership for us but it was almost a given when Bucks was 1st appointed. Regrettably it shall be the same for our other great champion Pendles... its a huge pity but it is what it is.

What a load of absolutely crap. You can do the working out if your brain lets you but I was sitting at a table with a certain Collingwood player at a local Sportsman's night on Saturday night and spoke to him at length. In fact there was also another ex Collingwood player at our table.
It is nothing other than injury (and the consequent relaxation of life rules around eating what he wants and drinking alcohol during a season!!) that will probably see the end of Swannie and definitely NOT Bucks.
Also Pendles is an absolute bloody professional and is like Buckley was himself as a player. Pendles has nothing but total respect for Buckley. Facts are facts but hey, you can continue to live in some anti Collingwood world of pure bloody fantasy and misery if that rings your bells. Shocked
However if making shit up and posting here makes you look like an expert on bullshit, go right ahead dude. You are just bloody full of it. Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:33 pm

Oh well, time to start planning my September get away then...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:01 pm

Lazza wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:

What a load of absolutely crap. You can do the working out if your brain lets you but I was sitting at a table with a certain Collingwood player at a local Sportsman's night on Saturday night and spoke to him at length. In fact there was also another ex Collingwood player at our table.
It is nothing other than injury (and the consequent relaxation of life rules around eating what he wants and drinking alcohol during a season!!) that will probably see the end of Swannie and definitely NOT Bucks.
Also Pendles is an absolute bloody professional and is like Buckley was himself as a player. Pendles has nothing but total respect for Buckley. Facts are facts but hey, you can continue to live in some anti Collingwood world of pure bloody fantasy and misery if that rings your bells. Shocked
However if making shit up and posting here makes you look like an expert on bullshit, go right ahead dude. You are just bloody full of it. Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad

You mad?

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: