Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The world dodges a bullet

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:51 pm
Post subject: The world dodges a bulletReply with quote

Not that he had any chance of getting the position anyway, but Turnbull has shown the world some mercy by refusing to endorse Rudd's campaign for UN secretary general.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/jul/29/malcolm-turnbull-kevin-rudd-un-secretary-general-nomination

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, looks very much like the far right wingers of the Liberal Party have got Turnbull by the balls now. He is a dead duck PM who is now beholden to the far right wingers for any direction on any issue. Absolutely bloody petty politics in the extreme, as petty and bad as I have ever witnessed in Australian politics over 50 years. Pathetic effort to say the least.... Evil or Very Mad Mad
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:03 pm

Bloody useless money sucking corrupt organisation - should be scrapped!
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:56 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Bloody useless money sucking corrupt organisation - should be scrapped!

Oh look, there is the Unicorn!! Twisted Evil

Different topic all together.

But this matter is a terrible reflection of how the far right wingers have really spooked Turnbull. He is nothing more than a puppet on a string now Rolling Eyes

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:23 pm

Lazza wrote:
Wow, looks very much like the far right wingers of the Liberal Party have got Turnbull by the balls now. He is a dead duck PM who is now beholden to the far right wingers for any direction on any issue. Absolutely bloody petty politics in the extreme, as petty and bad as I have ever witnessed in Australian politics over 50 years. Pathetic effort to say the least.... Evil or Very Mad Mad

How do you draw that conclusion? I agree with David, it's a good call.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:32 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Lazza wrote:

How do you draw that conclusion? I agree with David, it's a good call.

Geez, its pretty obvious I would have thought to make to come to that conclusion. This is totally bloody blind partisanship politics and a clear cut case of taking a certain political side ahead of the dealing with matter at hand without any right winged bias. And Turnbull and the Coalition members might well reap in future what they sew now. Terrible, deplorable effort and pretty much typical of far right wings politics as usual I reckon. Evil or Very Mad

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:37 pm

^Bollocks - he's unstable, unqualified and not suitable for the role even some Ex Labor pollies have publicly stated this opinion!

Although I would have liked to see him get the job cause Im sure he could have hastened their demise Razz

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:38 pm

Oh. What would make you liked to see him get the job cause Im sure he could have hastened their demise P?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:09 pm

I heard he Sacked Rudd. No Suprise. Guess he want's Bishop or some other Liberal Prick there
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:12 pm

Morrigu wrote:
^Bollocks - he's unstable, unqualified and not suitable for the role

Politely agree to vehemently disagree dude. Rolling Eyes

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:15 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
I heard he Sacked Rudd. No Suprise. Guess he want's Bishop or some other Liberal Prick there

Who sacked Rudd? And what position was he in to begin with?

Last edited by Jezza on Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:17 pm

Morrigu wrote:
^Bollocks - he's unstable, unqualified and not suitable for the role even some Ex Labor pollies have publicly stated this opinion!

Although I would have liked to see him get the job cause Im sure he could have hastened their demise Razz

As former Labor NSW Premier Kristina Kennelly said, her dog would have been a better choice for the role than Rudd.

The guy is a narcissist, unstable and unqualified as you've rightly noted.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:28 pm

Rudd's a narcissistic twat, like becoming PM it's just for his own ego. Still bitter about being shafted by Gillard then the electorate he just wanted to be back in the public eye.

Still, I couldn't think of an organization that deserves him more.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:45 pm

Jezza wrote:
Morrigu wrote:

As former Labor NSW Premier Kristina Kennelly said, her dog would have been a better choice for the role than Rudd.

The guy is a narcissist, unstable and unqualified as you've rightly noted.

Most people in Labor would privately agree with all of that, several have stated it publicly, but of course there's political mileage to be made from it by bagging Turnbull for a decision most of them would agree with.

No issues btw with them making the mileage from it, it's openly hypocritical but that's politics.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:16 pm

So, no Kevin Kevin-Rudd, then?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: