Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Finals --when ????

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Have I gone back in time to last year!!! because I'm hearing a lot of parrots in here repeating the same dribble they did at the end of last season...

You need a new tune. Repeating the same line from the same song while adding northing to any other theme or thread (or even adding any interesting analysis to your one-note refrain) is just stinking up the board, really.

Please. Look I've read your analysis from time to time... and most of the time you're frankly kidding yourself... you're a complete amateur. I do not claim to be a brilliant football strategist in anyway whatsoever, and I'm not even going to try - but I know a loser when see one. And I'm going to keep on rattling on until he's gone... or I'm dead.

We'll all be saddened by your demise...
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:28 am

E wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Have I gone back in time to last year!!! because I'm hearing a lot of parrots in here repeating the same dribble they did at the end of last season...

You need a new tune. Repeating the same line from the same song while adding northing to any other theme or thread (or even adding any interesting analysis to your one-note refrain) is just stinking up the board, really.

in his defence, he is right you could easily dig up threads from last around this time where we were all saying "definitely 5-8 next year". Maybe top 4.

I think most supporters would approach a season with optimism but I think you'll find that most reasonable posters also included a pretty broad scope as the likely 2016 ladder position like 5-10 with caveats, most of which were blown 5 minutes into round 1 when Swanny was carted off to hospital.

We have a very good young list but started the season with 19 players with 50 or more senior games. Only 3 of those has played every game, and of those Pendles quite a few injured. Crisp now joins Pendles, Treloar, and Blair in that 50+ game group who've played every game. That's it, 4 players every game.

A further 6 (Elliott, Macaffer, Goldsack, Williams, Toovey and Swan) have played a combined 22 games of a possible 102 possible for the group and a further 7 (Fasolo, White, Adams, Brown, Sinclair, Cloke and Varcoe) have played <13 senior games.

These are the guys who should have been the core of our 2016 senior team and for whatever reason they just haven't been getting on the park often enough. It is what it is.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:11 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Yep, it's the Wolfboy remix ... doof doof doof.. sack Bucks.... doof doof doof... sack Buckley... doof doof doof. Repeat ad nauseam.

I like this track - why can't I find it on Itunes? Surprised

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:29 pm

piedys wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Yep, it's the Wolfboy remix ... doof doof doof.. sack Bucks.... doof doof doof... sack Buckley... doof doof doof. Repeat ad nauseam.

I sorta like it too to be honest... it's a catchy tune and trust me... you'll be singing along to it soon enough Wink
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:38 pm

piedys wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

I sorta like it too to be honest... it's a catchy tune and trust me... you'll be singing along to it soon enough Wink

Yep, it ticks along a lot better than that track from Sunshine & Lollypops Inc: Finals next year, doof doof doof... keep the coach... doof doof doof... We'll get better, doof doof doof... Just one more year, doof doof doof...

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:10 pm

jackcass wrote:
E wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

in his defence, he is right you could easily dig up threads from last around this time where we were all saying "definitely 5-8 next year". Maybe top 4.

I think most supporters would approach a season with optimism but I think you'll find that most reasonable posters also included a pretty broad scope as the likely 2016 ladder position like 5-10 with caveats, most of which were blown 5 minutes into round 1 when Swanny was carted off to hospital.

We have a very good young list but started the season with 19 players with 50 or more senior games. Only 3 of those has played every game, and of those Pendles quite a few injured. Crisp now joins Pendles, Treloar, and Blair in that 50+ game group who've played every game. That's it, 4 players every game.

A further 6 (Elliott, Macaffer, Goldsack, Williams, Toovey and Swan) have played a combined 22 games of a possible 102 possible for the group and a further 7 (Fasolo, White, Adams, Brown, Sinclair, Cloke and Varcoe) have played <13 senior games.

These are the guys who should have been the core of our 2016 senior team and for whatever reason they just haven't been getting on the park often enough. It is what it is.

spot on jackass - thanks for the detailed analysis/breakdown - it really is the main reason we have fallen so far short of many expectations! Smile

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:29 pm

jackcass wrote:
E wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

Losing Swanny and Elliott for the whole year, robbed us of any real class crumbers up forward. Added to that has been the horrible decline of Cloke. In essence we've had a makeshift forward set up all year. That alone would account for us losing 3-4 games, which is why we won't play finals.
melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:32 pm

2007 we had many injuries and a young side. Still made finals.

2007 We were well coached. We had an organised and disiplen game plan that suited the players that were available.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:03 pm

piedys wrote:
piedys wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

Yep, it ticks along a lot better than that track from Sunshine & Lollypops Inc: Finals next year, doof doof doof... keep the coach... doof doof doof... We'll get better, doof doof doof... Just one more year, doof doof doof...

I like your mindset!!! Very Happy
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:04 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
jackcass wrote:
E wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

Losing Swanny and Elliott for the whole year, robbed us of any real class crumbers up forward. Added to that has been the horrible decline of Cloke. In essence we've had a makeshift forward set up all year. That alone would account for us losing 3-4 games, which is why we won't play finals.

But hey didn't those guys play last year for pretty much the same results we have now? Surprised
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:12 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
jackcass wrote:
E wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

But hey didn't those guys play last year for pretty much the same results we have now? Surprised

very funny Wolfie!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:14 pm

melliot wrote:
2007 we had many injuries and a young side. Still made finals.

2007 We were well coached. We had an organized and disciplined game plan that suited the players that were available.

yep

and i reckon a good coach would have had this team thats available, in the finals this year.

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:20 pm

Hard to know really. I think most of us at the start of every Buckley year thought we would make the finals. The past 4 years have been extraordinarily average to poor, failing to qualify. I don't see our current best 22 winning 13+ games, we need to replace probably 6 players, 2 fwd,mid,back to really harden up across the ground to get back to finals. I think Swan and Elliot back into the fwd line can cover that area but mid and back is still a way off. I hope next year but we could be 4 or 5 years away.

MONCO: Your life.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:48 pm

If anyone can find the thread on where we will finish from before the start of the season and put that back on page 1 would be great. It will make for some interesting reading. Shocked
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:15 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Skids wrote:
Definitely next year.

Yep.

2017 is either finals or new coach.

yep, spot on, has to happen Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: