Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Finals --when ????

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

If not next year we've wasted some of our best talent (i.e. Pendles and Swan) in their prime over the past three seasons.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:29 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
If not next year we've wasted some of our best talent (i.e. Pendles and Swan) in their prime over the past three seasons.

Not so much Swan as he was pushing 30 when our rebuild was beginning to be in full swing.

Pendles on the other hand... Sad

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:56 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Have I gone back in time to last year!!! because I'm hearing a lot of parrots in here repeating the same dribble they did at the end of last season...

A parrot repeats the same simple thing over and over again, without development or context. I'd say it's a bit rich for you to accuse anyone of parroting....

E 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:49 am

Mugwump wrote:
Have I gone back in time to last year!!! because I'm hearing a lot of parrots in here repeating the same dribble they did at the end of last season...

You need a new tune. Repeating the same line from the same song while adding northing to any other theme or thread (or even adding any interesting analysis to your one-note refrain) is just stinking up the board, really.

in his defence, he is right you could easily dig up threads from last around this time where we were all saying "definitely 5-8 next year". Maybe top 4.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:33 am

I don't care about "finals", since there are 4 spots up for grabs every season from which it is apparently impossible to win the flag. Top 4 looks like it is at least 3 seasons away (even with a fully-fit Langdon back and firing in the captaincy role) and probably more. This is extremely troubling, since it looks like, eg, Geelong have bounced back rather quickly, even though I had expected them to fall further and for longer than Collingwood. We cut deeper and sooner into our list and our "short-term" pain appears to have been rewarded with medium-term misery.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:13 am

E wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

You need a new tune. Repeating the same line from the same song while adding northing to any other theme or thread (or even adding any interesting analysis to your one-note refrain) is just stinking up the board, really.

in his defence, he is right you could easily dig up threads from last around this time where we were all saying "definitely 5-8 next year". Maybe top 4.

Sure, all supporters start off with reasonable hopes for the next year, ad with the side we have we would probably have made the 8, in my view, if we had had Swan and Elliott in the side all year, and 1-2 players a week missing, per the normal rate of attrition (ie like that seen in the last three weeks). Success = talent plus consistency. We lost too much of both, this year.

The trouble with Wolfboy is that his posts contribute nothing but slogans based on variations of the same song about Buckley, and this is just another.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:21 am

Im with you. I was so full of hope at the start of this season.
Yes I believe we have some good players, and that we are not as bad as we look. But I'm also convinced the slump in some players is in some way related to the coaching group.

Improvement should be coming right? But we are going backwards. Don't just blame it all on Blair. Or Brown, who's battle scarred body is so obviously slowing down. Dumb footballers? Or are some averagely intelligent footballers getting messages and directions that make no sense?

Classic example, Team and individuals improved when Eddie said change something, and then we played something that was almost recognisable football. Now we are back to what the hell are they doing. And the skills levels are again back in the gutter.

The players are not that bad, they are capable of so much more, we have seen it. We saw it a few weeks ago. And don't blame injuries. That's a crock. What happened to the big investigation into injuries? Wake up people. Freddie Kruger is waiting in your nightmares. What do you think the back line was tripping over?

Finals? Huh. not unless something changes and big time.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:34 am

^ Actually, if we hadn;t lost the clearances 6-0 at the start of game, TP, and made three complete skill howlers in the back half, we'd have probably won it comfortably. Our performance around the ground was probably superior.

So I guess I just saw the game differently.

melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:17 am

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll make finals until we have a new coach. Probably an experianced one.

Bux will get another year as per his contract. But it's finals or bust for him in 2017. Injuries or not.

I've not seen enough improvement in 2016 to be optimistic about 2017.
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:37 am

if we don't make the finals next year than bucks goes. St Kilda and Melbourne have gone passed us . Us and bItchmond are going in reverse
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:43 am

I must admit that after this year I have no idea. At the commencement of this year I was confident that we would get in the 8. Certainly injuries have had an influence but when you review our best and our worst games it seems almost unbelievable. Also after the insipid effort against Noorf , now is not a good time to look at the situation without a taint of negativity.

Can Buckley develop and evolving, playable and well structured game plan that will evolve with the game week in and week out? After 5 years and at this point in time I have NFI. I cannot believe our list is as bad as some suggest and I personally think it has more to do with a poor game plan, a lack of leadership and player development.

I cannot see what is going to effect and inspire change in 2017.

Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:13 am

2019 with a new coach, as others have said if Bux doesn't make finals next year his goose is cooked.
mattys123 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:14 am

We could play finals next year if we had a good run with injuries, but I can't see how this list, with the current coaching setup, ever gets to be a top 4 side, let alone a premiership contender.

And that's what it's all about isn't it?

Do we want to be Richmond or North and just be happy with making finals?

No, we want to be competing for flags.

The current setup is 3-4 years off that at least.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:21 am

[quote="mattys123"]We could play finals next year if we had a good run with injuries, but I can't see how this list, with the current coaching setup, ever gets to be a top 4 side, let alone a premiership contender.

And that's what it's all about isn't it?

Do we want to be Richmond or North and just be happy with making finals?

No, we want to be competing for flags.

The current setup is 3-4 years off that at least.[/quote

Unfortunately I think it is what it will be I cant see them changing coaches next year and if we do make finals it might be like the climb we made back in 2006 to 2010 fighting our way up. If we keep playing our stupid forward press and zone we will struggle as we will play to our weaknesses every time. Our forwards are only dangerous inside the 50 and are too slow to play a running press game.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:41 am

As long as teams, like Hawthorn, Geelong & Sydney top up every year with one BIG name player & GWS keep getting 2-3 first rounders, we and the rest of the comp have zero chance.

The once mighty Pies who everyone wants to play for are NOT that club ay more.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: