Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Player wise, what are our biggest weaknesses?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
Its far from the complete answer to our problem but I would have liked to to pursue Mitch Robinson when he left Carlscum. He is a strong mid, good endurance, overhead skills are good and he can attack or tag. He has the mongrel in him we lack at times. Wouldn't have been expensive either.

Please don't make me laugh! Laughing

Jezza, other than the fact that the blokes is a couple of sangas short of a picnic, his ability effectively mirrors Greenwoods output.
Mitch busts his gut each week, and earns his money from those flogs.
And for waaaaay less than Levi is on too, i'd expect.
Two years ago I would have cringed at the concept of taking Robinson off Carlton's hands, now I'm sorry we didn't.

duke750 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:18 pm

We need a good tap ruckman and a good key forward, and both must be able to mark. The forward must be able to compete and even kick goals on a bad day. The ruckman must be a presence around the ground.

I think Grundy will be a good player, but at the moment he isn't a number 1 ruckman. Witts will never be up to AFL standard.

I will be surprised if Cloke is with us next year. Personally I think we should have let him go 5 years ago when he and his dad held us to ransom.

One more KPP will complement Moore, Reid, Cox, Keefe although Cox may need to learn how to be a ruckman. I would play White on a wing, and maybe Howe on the other one, to give us marking exit options from defence. I would let Brown go or be Caf's VFL deputy.

Time to get rid of Williams. Too one sided and poor disposal.

I would expect that Sinclair may need to retire. Too many concussions. Pity because I think he turned the corner over the last couple of months.

We need a crumbling forward, because neither Elliot or Fasolo are good at it, and both are too busy flying against our own talls. Sidebottom must play forward.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:42 pm

Players who can be all things to all supporters at the same time.

1. Pacy goal sneak / crumbing forward etc.

2. CHF (Moore not yet) & Key Position back

3. Talented big, strong & fast midfielder

Players who can kick the ball long, accurately & quickly.

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:00 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Players who can be all things to all supporters at the same time.

1. Pacy goal sneak / crumbing forward etc.

2. CHF (Moore not yet) & Key Position back

3. Talented big, strong & fast midfielder

Players who can kick the ball long, accurately & quickly.

This! Cool

Tezza23 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:22 pm

I think we need heaps of positions. We need players with more pace, more footy smarts, better disposal skills and cleaner hands. Most of the regular 22 over the last couple of years are sub AFL standard in at least two of these categories

BACKLINE
- Another key defender
- A small back who can actually nullify a small forward. Please do not mention Maynard or Sinclair as this type. They could lose their man in a telephone box
- A pacy half back who can run the lines and hit a target down the ground

CENTRE
- A pacy outside player with a long accurate kick who is capable of kicking goals on the run.
- A ruckman who can tap to advantage rather than just trying to tap the ball anywhere.
- a centre square player who can actually win and clear the ball

FORWARDS
- A key forward who can kick goals from set shots
- A third forward who can lead and kick accurately within the 50m
- a small crumbing forward - maybe Daicos in a few years time.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:37 am

piedys wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Its far from the complete answer to our problem but I would have liked to to pursue Mitch Robinson when he left Carlscum. He is a strong mid, good endurance, overhead skills are good and he can attack or tag. He has the mongrel in him we lack at times. Wouldn't have been expensive either.

Jezza, other than the fact that the blokes is a couple of sangas short of a picnic, his ability effectively mirrors Greenwoods output.
Two years ago I would have cringed at the concept of taking Robinson off Carlton's hands, now I'm sorry we didn't.

That's the problem with self centred fans. People get caught up in where the x player came from or what he looks like even. Robinson would have been the mongrel we need in the forward lineup. Not much different to money bags actually.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:41 am

That is a long time in computer years.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:26 pm

[quote="simon tonna"]
piedys wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Two years ago I would have cringed at the concept of taking Robinson off Carlton's hands, now I'm sorry we didn't.[/quo

That's the problem with self centred fans. People get caught up in where the x player came from or what he looks like even. Robinson would have been the mongrel we need in the forward lineup. Not much different to money bags actually.

Would Buckley sign up for such an ill-disciplined player (on and off field) when he has battled cultural issues at the club? Again poor skills, which most of you are lamenting as one of our problems. I can't see the appeal. Greenwood seems a more measured version at least of the crash and bash mid with an absence of skills. More leadership than Robinson.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:39 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
piedys wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Would Buckley sign up for such an ill-disciplined player (on and off field) when he has battled cultural issues at the club? Again poor skills, which most of you are lamenting as one of our problems. I can't see the appeal. Greenwood seems a more measured version at least of the crash and bash mid with an absence of skills. More leadership than Robinson.

AP, that is of course the flip-side of the argument - off-field discipline.
Sure Mitch "had priors on his wrap-sheet" prior to his departure from Carlton, which in hindsight is why I originally baulked at his services.
When we compare their skill/disposal level [non-statistically] they probably wash-out about even for standard/below-par.
More leadership than Robinson? We can only hope. Yet Robinson will probably place in the top three of the Murray-Merrett medal at the Lions B&F awards come seasons end, in that team of trainwrecks.
You can bet Greenwood is chastising himself for leaving North at the end of 2014, wasn't exactly the greatest career move of all time.
Anyhoo, I hope Greenwood comes good in 2017; if not, then it is ultimately collateral damage from Beams' dog act in leaving the club.

Big Dan 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:31 pm

Execution of basic skills.

That these guys are playing for the best resourced team in the country is incredible. They are either really shite to begin with or just taking the piss.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:29 am

I just came across a fellow we should try out for our full-forward spot. Scott McIntyre kicked 30 goals in East Roxby's 252 point demolition of Coober Pedy last weekend. So far, he's played 6 games this season for a total of 76 goals (that's an average of 12.67 per game). There must be some other good talents at East Roxby, because Scott's 30-goal haul only made him 4th best player on the ground.

Rohan Baldock might also be one to watch. He has kicked 188 goals so far this season for South Burnie in 16 games (at 11.75 goals per game), with his better efforts including bags of 20, 21, 14, 14, 14, 16 and 22. He's been quiet in the last two games, though - only 7 goals in each match.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:29 pm

Full back

Full forward

Crumbing forward

2nd Ruck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: