Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match: Pies vs Eagles - All comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Culprit wrote:
Heading to my first game this year to catch up with friends. My first game as a non member in 33 years and all I can say is I have saved so much $$$ this year and my golf game has improved. As for the game and who is in and who is out means zip when they run out on the ground. Win or Lose either way I am going to have a good day. Very Happy

I'm tipping the umpires.

I'm going in, probably the last game I'll go to this year, got a ticket to the presidents lunch courtesy of the Nicks sponsorship, Looking forward to a decent feed, free booze and meeting Magpie Tragic who is also attending.

Might even watch some of the game. Wink

BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:30 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Our game plan has been leaked, I'm afraid. Richmond used it against Hawthorn today.

You mean, there is a game plan Shocked Shocked Shocked

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:46 am

RudeBoy wrote:
3 Outs:
Let's finally drop Cloke for good. Drop Williams (if he's not suspended), and obviously we'll be without Sinkers. Play Varcoe off the backline.

3 Ins:
Play Cox from the goal square.

Bring back De Goey and play him in the middle with a license to smash and crash.

Finally, let's give Wills a chance to show us what he's got and play him on the ball too.

On the money Rudey. Still gutted the way we performed on Friday night after a month of decent footy. I never want to see Cloke and Williams don a Collingwood jumper again. Sinkers not to play either as a precaution for concussion. That's three changes for me. White saves his spot by virtue of being able to play further up the ground. Howe to stay on the forward line and Varcoe and White to play behind the ball. I'd also bring back either Phillips or Crocker to the forward line, whoever trains better tomorrow.
So out: Cloke, Williams, Sinclair
In: Cox, De Goey, Crocker
The only reason I wouldn't play Wills on Saturday is that I didn't think the mids let us down against NM. It was more the stupid acts of aggression from the backs and the lifeless performance of the forwards with the exception of Moore. Wills will get into the side at some stage. I just think De Goey deserves his spot back more than needing to play Wills against WC.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:14 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
3 Outs:
Let's finally drop Cloke for good. Drop Williams (if he's not suspended), and obviously we'll be without Sinkers. Play Varcoe off the backline.

3 Ins:

Bring back De Goey and play him in the middle with a license to smash and crash.

Finally, let's give Wills a chance to show us what he's got and play him on the ball too.

On the money Rudey. Still gutted the way we performed on Friday night after a month of decent footy. I never want to see Cloke and Williams don a Collingwood jumper again. Sinkers not to play either as a precaution for concussion. That's three changes for me. White saves his spot by virtue of being able to play further up the ground. Howe to stay on the forward line and Varcoe and White to play behind the ball. I'd also bring back either Phillips or Crocker to the forward line, whoever trains better tomorrow.
The only reason I wouldn't play Wills on Saturday is that I didn't think the mids let us down against NM. It was more the stupid acts of aggression from the backs and the lifeless performance of the forwards with the exception of Moore. Wills will get into the side at some stage. I just think De Goey deserves his spot back more than needing to play Wills against WC.

From memory, the Roos won the first 6 clearances from the centre square in the first quarter, which put our defenders under constant and enormous pressure. That's where the game was won and lost imo. So, while I agree that some skill errors and undisciplined acts by our defenders were extremely costly, I think some of the blame for that needs to be put on our midfielders for their inability to make a contest in the centre square.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:47 pm

IS there any remote chance, just remote, that we could actually start this game well, and not give sides a five goals start, as we have the past three games. ?? The only game I have been to this season, the Cats, we started magnificently, and had seven goals on the board before the Pussies knew what the hell hit them, why the hell cant we do that again ?? We can do it, the Cats are a good outfit, we really must start well. As for Cloke, this is D Day for him, he must fire up and have a red hot go, show he really wants to part of the side going forward, its up to him now.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:13 pm

I'm actually the only registered user on Nicks right now, first time I've ever seen that

Apathy round or what...

melliot 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:18 pm

Any chance we win a center clearance?
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:38 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
3 Outs:

3 Ins:

From memory, the Roos won the first 6 clearances from the centre square in the first quarter, which put our defenders under constant and enormous pressure. That's where the game was won and lost imo. So, while I agree that some skill errors and undisciplined acts by our defenders were extremely costly, I think some of the blame for that needs to be put on our midfielders for their inability to make a contest in the centre square.

That's true but the reality is that sides get run ons and then it's up to the defenders to hold firm. Then at some point the mids tighten up and the ball goes back up the other direction. Sidebottom, Pendles, Greenwood, Treloar and Crisp were all ok Friday night. It was up to the defenders to hold firm in the first quarter and the fact is they folded up. And then it was catch up football for the rest of the match. At some point our mids were going to hit back but our defenders weren't up to the contest by holding firm when it mattered and our forwards decided to have an early night, apart from Moore who never at any stage wanted to give up. It was a disgraceful effort from a side that since the bye had had a go, but for whatever reason against NM decided they didn't want to go out and play. Everything Buckley and Pendles said after the game was a true reflection of what transpired out on the ground. Point is do we just lay down and accept it or do something about it? This has just been going on too long. Buckley has had 5 years and we're not getting any better. One or two steps forwards and two or three steps backwards. That's been our story since Malthouse left the club.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:56 pm

My team for Eagles Match:

B: GOLDSACK MARSH J SMITH
HB: HOWE REID VARCOE
C: AISH TRELOAR WHITE
HF: SIDEBOTTOM MOORE CRISP
F: FASOLO MASON C BROOMHEAD
F: GRUNDY PENDLEBURY ADAMS
ICH: OXLEY, PHILLIPS, RUPERT W, GREENWOOD

IN:

BROOMHEAD
PHILLIPS
MASON
RUPERT W
OXLEY
GOLDSACK

OUT:

SINCLAIR (inj)
MAYNARD
CLOKE
BLAIR
MARLEY
BROWN

Time to experiment with new positions and newer players

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:18 pm

^^ yeah..... nah!
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:07 pm

Steve wrote:
mattys123′s Round 19 – Collingwood vs West Coast Match Preview is up:

http://www.magpies.net/nick/?p=1826

thanks matt

Great preview as usual although I would question your prediction of result.

Having seen the Mighties last Friday night, they would have to improve significantly in order to win.
Not saying that they can't do this, however I have some serious doubts to be extremely honest and rational instead of being blindly biased as I usually am.
Time will tell........ Rolling Eyes

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:45 pm

Thought on paper Friday's team was just about the best we have put out there for most of the season. They didn't gel the way you'd like but I don't think major changes are in order.

OUT: Sinclair (Inj)
IN: Broomhead, Oxley, Cox, Phillips/Wills

Shame the VFL had yet another bye last week as we'd all be clearer about who should be included if they'd played.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:56 pm

Wow just got censored on Nick's site here for having a go at a guy who was having a go at my post!! Wow, didn't know that calling someone a "contrarian" was akin to calling Stalin a monster in The Pravda.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:35 pm

jackcass wrote:
Thought on paper Friday's team was just about the best we have put out there for most of the season. They didn't gel the way you'd like but I don't think major changes are in order.

Shame the VFL had yet another bye last week as we'd all be clearer about who should be included if they'd played.

One out and five ins should get us over the line I reckon. Wink
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:35 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
jackcass wrote:

One out and five ins should get us over the line I reckon. Wink

Maybe Very Happy

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: