Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies lose to North. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Museman 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:

Part of me knows that we need to cut some slack on the young players, especially our defenders but some of the passages of play involving Marsh, Maynard and Williams were nothing short of comical at some stages.

When i see Brown and marsh on the screen at the same time defensively, i just close my eyes, when Brown Marsh or Marley or Maynard are kicking from within our defensive 50(Smith in his short career already looks far more composed)...once again closes eyes, even tighter, in modern football having 4 players who cannot kick it in your defensive setup is a recipe for disaster, this is purely a coaching issue, if it hurts you... DO NOT DO IT.
Marsh an Maynard may yet develop into something, but at this moment they hurt us in the most fundamental way, on the scoreboard, good coaching adjusts this scenario, i see zero adjustments.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:23 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Tonight was a disgrace no matter how you coat it.
If anyone is silly enough to think Sidey is a elite player still have a look at his dinky disposals, kicking it directly to a opposition player when under no pressure and his complete lack of defensive pressure on his opponent (Gibson was on him in the first half who had 21 touches @ 89% eff 4 tackles 4 rebound 50's 3 inside 50's 3 score involvements compared to 15 touches 4 turnovers and another 5 disposals to 2 on 1 or 3 on 1 contests in norths favour) for every brilliant act he does there's 5 stupid ones to counter act it
He's not by himself that's for sure so many senior players who for whatever reason still can't hit a target or kick a goal from 30m away
North mixed things up in there line up and we had no answers
How we managed to get back to being only 11 points down in the last term is a miracle and then we miss 3 or 4 very kickable goals
And what was with the false bravado ? We're trying to knock north players around there getting the ball and kicking goals at will
Tonight exposed everything that's wrong with the team and club
Buckley needs to front the press and explain why he couldn't make a change that even looked like halting momentum when it counted, why his players can't kick or handball, why our structures completely collapse when under any pressure, why he doesn't demand more from his senior players and supposed leaders, why we thought it was smart to forget about the football and only worry about hitting opponents for the first half
This is just a team with to many dumb footballers in it
For the first time this season I'm finally convinced of 3 things
Buckley can't coach
We have no on field leaders including our captain who I rate very highly as a player
And our list is miles from being a top 4 side
I don't even care about next week or the rest of the season now after last night means nothing

Spot on. They came out with the angry pill before the bounc,e we got sucked in, and part from Marley (well done son) everyone got tossed aside. The umps should have stopped it, but gees they were rank last night, so one sided. But what the hell is tackling s player when he has already released the ball? There was one passage of play where we did it 5 times in a row. If there is 5 metres space, your too late, go to where the ball might be heading, not where it just was. How fricken simplistic is that? The lack of effort by some senior players is why we NEED Vlair in the side. (Not Faz, why was he playing? He was obviously not ready or fit?) Cloke I'm looking at you. Jessie was good when he finally woke up. But they targeted Moore, because Cloke wasn't forward for a decoy. And Moore is just too light, he gets tossed around like a rag doll, but by gees he doesn't quit. PROTECT him. Use Cloke as a decoy, cos he did sweet **** all else last night. And again, Pendles didn't mess his hair up til the last quarter. I want a grunt man captain that leads by example. Get in there! As for Sidey, some of the dinky kick shit is because no one is presenting. Check out the hand passes, do we have no faith in kicking it? Where is the skills coach? Japan?

They were crap last night, we should have won.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:29 am

The skills coach? Where is skills coach ?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:37 am

HAL wrote:
The skills coach? Where is skills coach ?

You have a go Hal, couldn't do worse right nos

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:42 am

Are you still located in England?
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:15 am

The players invented new ways for the opposition to kick goals
We missed Sinclair
Greenwood and Howe were so poor in the first quarter
The midfield set up sucked Grundy wins tap out straight to three North players goal

Aish did something no other Collingwood player did in the first quarter he actually shepperd a team mate

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:49 am

If I heard correctly, 19 scoring shots and 7 goals from back half turnovers.
Magpie Jack 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:22 am

Don't be too harsh on the players, they are trying. Smith, Marsh, Maynard, Treloar, Adams, Moore etc can all be good long term players for us.

In my opinion the club is failing in leadership and no-one at the top end is being held accountable. Eddie is not being held accountable by the rest of the board and Bucks is not being held accountable by Eddie.

Give us a new President and a new Coach in 2017 and we can return to being an on field powerhouse in no time.

Last edited by Magpie Jack on Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:27 am

Moore, Blair and Howe kick those goals in the last and I think we would have won, they didn't and capitulated after these momentum killers, players were out on their feet and needed the adrenaline boost these goals and the prospect of a come from behind win would have provided. This team isn't capable of pulling off a stirring victory like that and won't be for some time IMHO.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:53 am

We had 3 key issues

1 - Too much space for the ball carrier and poor coverage of others when Kangas had the ball. Frustrating to watch how much space we gave them throughout the night. Why did we not bring the pressure on the ball carrier that we had in the previous games - in particular the giants game? With limited pressure teams carve you up and they create run and forward pressure that eventually leaks goals!

2- Not enough quick attacking kicks and run and carry from defence. Now and then you switch or hold the ball but we just kept giving them time to run back and set up their defences. You have to take the game on and it seemed clear to me Kangas are soft through the middle - we missed the opportunity to exploit that weakness.

3- Poor positioning of our small forwards - we had no crumbers - when the ball went to ground it was a non-contest too often! Smalls and tall need to work together - the one time I saw it happen was when Faz stayed down and read the ball off the pack and ran into an open goal. Smart footy is what is needed up forward - no dumb blazing away or having 2-3 players going up with non-one down!

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:29 am

Clifton Hill-Billy wrote:
Moore, Blair and Howe kick those goals in the last and I think we would have won, they didn't and capitulated after these momentum killers, players were out on their feet and needed the adrenaline boost these goals and the prospect of a come from behind win would have provided. This team isn't capable of pulling off a stirring victory like that and won't be for some time IMHO.

X-factor. In times like these, a Didak or a Leon or a Medhurst or a Krakouer would pull something out of nothing. Buckley cares not for these types. Freakin' over his beige team of space-guarders. Seriously, who actually enjoys watching this boring-ass team play these days. Once upon s time even when yourcteam lost, you could see they had a crack cos it was man on man. Now, it's just boring keepings off. I doubt I'd follow football these days if I wasn't born into it in the '80s. It's ingrained n me now cos of Collingwood. But my God...

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:01 am

Very disappointed and not nice to watch

Wells destroyed us - what the hell happened?
They have 1 super class player, operating with half a tank, and no one touched him until the game was over - 15 minutes in - 6 goals down.
Both the head coach and midfield leader need to be held accountable.
It was pathetic.

White and Cloke were insipid and got smashed. Jesse's 1stQtr was a repeat disgrace of the week before.
Fas didn't get much supply so did not a lot, but did it well.
Darcy was great and would have kicked 4 more with another 3kg of muscle. North's pace in their defence was superior to ours and they moved it out way too quickly.

Treloar again showed below average defensive will.
But Pendles didn't cover much ground back either and didn't appear 100% in body and mind.
Grundy and Adams continued to impress. Sidey was v.good but has more.

North appeared to kick a lot of goals from ground ball gets about 20m out.
Browny Reid Marshy and Maynard were rarely beaten in the air and did well given the bizillion opportunities presented.
At ground level often Smithy and Marley were dragged up and our mids did nothing to assist.

Big credits to Greenwood and Reid who tried their hearts out.

Last edited by CarringbushCigar on Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:03 am

I tipped Norf and I put money on them because as soon as Buckley opened his mouth and talked "finals type" football and the media tried to build the game up and we were the favorites to win, I knew we were in trouble. Norf are an honest team, they beat who they should beat and lose against teams they shouldn't beat. My thoughts are Buckley was out coached in allowing Wells to simply run through the middle and was the clearance king last night. Throw in our forwards got slaughtered. We tried to go physical and that failed dismally. No real coaching adjustment on the night. We cannot throw injuries as an excuse now. We were beaten by the better team and our position on the ladder is pretty much online with our performance this year. We are an under achieving team with the biggest excuse book going around in the AFL.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:16 am

Five Worst:

5. Bucks
4. Jesse
3. Varcoe
2. and 1. Treloar/Williams/Cloke

If Bucks is staying and Cloke is going, please don't play him, give him a calf injury and spare us.
If Bucks is going - then lets get it DONE please.
slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:29 am

thompsoc wrote:
slangman wrote:
We have a decent list but unfortunately the whole coaching staff aren't able to get the best out of the list.
Tonight sums up Buckleys time as coach.

15% great football
15% really good effort but just fall short
50% nobody really knows what to do
20% RUBBISH!!!!!

Should he go ?

Yes. He hasn't been able to get the best out of the squad in 5 seasons.
The board should put it back on Buckley and ask him why, with the facts of the last few years is he the right man for the job.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9   

Jump to: