Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tummy tap

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bkash 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:05 pm
Post subject: Tummy tapReply with quote

Tummy bloody tap
Is afl as a code becoming like soccer ? Where players takes a dive ? Where has the hard yakka gone ... Are the players too soft... Too chicken or too y gen and beard and latte sipping pu$$is . I hate for thus code to head into the soccer scene cus that the very reason I don't want soccer much anymore (diving and Oscar winning acting that gets done) .
Rant over

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

So, are you saying players should be allowed to punch other players in the breadbasket and wind them without penalty? I don't agree (unless they're Carlton players being struck, in which case it's all fine, play-on and a report for staging).
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:28 pm

Parasite taggers should have their ribs cracked.
Zacharacas was equally unlucky last week, belting that Weasel player...

Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:36 pm

The AFL had to do something about it, use to be jumper punchers but they started to get reported. So players were being punched in the solar plexus every week and nothing but maybe a $1000 fine was handed down.

Not sure if you've been whacked in the guts Bkash, but I remember it well in my footy days and it bloody hurt not being able to breathe for awhile.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:47 pm

Problem is, the AFL just can't start changing interpretation late in 2016.
Was there any announcement that they were cracking down on J-Ping?
The AFL are just asking to be taken to court over this; imagine if a player got a week for jumper-punching his parasite tagger a week out from the finals, when all the players got $1000 fines prior to round 15?
That club would rightfully be screaming "precedent".

Certainly clamp down on jumper-punching for 2017, but 2016 must be consistent with the penalties from earlier in the season.

And yes, most of us had been sniped and almost concussed on the field back in the day, even playing in the VAFA.

Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:01 pm

Agree, I hate changing of the rules but in this case I agree with it. The reason I do players realised they could hit as hard as physically possible and get maybe a fine. Touch someones head and see you later, seems crazy to me. So hate a player or the best player, punch him in the guts all day. Sorry, until the last two weeks you could.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:18 am

piedys wrote:
The AFL are just asking to be taken to court over this; imagine if a player got a week for jumper-punching his parasite tagger a week out from the finals, when all the players got $1000 fines prior to round 15?

Certainly clamp down on jumper-punching for 2017, but 2016 must be consistent with the penalties from earlier in the season.

And yes, most of us had been sniped and almost concussed on the field back in the day, even playing in the VAFA.

Surely the change in interpretation has been that these types of punches have become tolerated. Don't the rules prohibit striking?
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:11 pm

jackcass wrote:
piedys wrote:

Surely the change in interpretation has been that these types of punches have become tolerated. Don't the rules prohibit striking?

I'm sure the rules prohibit striking, and rightly so.
My beef is that unless all clubs were notified by the AFL that they were cracking down on jumper-punching [news to me if they were...],
then Zacha and Cas could consider themselves very harshly done by, when compared to similar incidents earlier in 2016 only resulting in fines.
All we ever ask the AFL for is consistency in the rules, their interpretations and penalties; and surprise, surprise, they FAIL AGAIN.
Mid season penalty changes to jumper-punching is literally "moving the goalposts" in my opinion.
And for what it's worth, my stance on jumper-punching remains the same: if you are holding an opponents jumper or arm to restrict them from getting to the contest because you are in effect a talentless shit,
then you deserve a whack in the guts everytime.
That doesn't register under my definition of striking...

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:52 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
So, are you saying players should be allowed to punch other players in the breadbasket and wind them without penalty? I don't agree (unless they're Carlton players being struck, in which case it's all fine, play-on and a report for staging).

If it's a Carlton player being struck, the striker should be allowed, nay obliged, to use brass knuckles.

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:30 am

I like the physical contests - hard tackling and bumps etc great part of the game. A little push and shove now and then is all good to let you sense that the players are keen to win and will stand their ground. All good.

The punch to the guts however - more often than not a coward punch when the opponent is not aware it is even coming is BS. It is weak and the game would be better without it!

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:44 am

piedys wrote:
jackcass wrote:
piedys wrote:

I'm sure the rules prohibit striking, and rightly so.
My beef is that unless all clubs were notified by the AFL that they were cracking down on jumper-punching [news to me if they were...],
then Zacha and Cas could consider themselves very harshly done by, when compared to similar incidents earlier in 2016 only resulting in fines.
All we ever ask the AFL for is consistency in the rules, their interpretations and penalties; and surprise, surprise, they FAIL AGAIN.
Mid season penalty changes to jumper-punching is literally "moving the goalposts" in my opinion.
And for what it's worth, my stance on jumper-punching remains the same: if you are holding an opponents jumper or arm to restrict them from getting to the contest because you are in effect a talentless shit,
then you deserve a whack in the guts everytime.
That doesn't register under my definition of striking...

Fully concur, hate the adhoc weekly rule interpretation changes.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:08 pm

BTW, sniper Hodge will surely go for a sling tackle AND jumper punch.
Let's see the AFL revert to a $1,000.00 fine this week, my guess...

Bkash 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:09 pm

Tummy tap and jumper punching is considered ilegal ! Ok go that
Then why are players committing deliberate Corkies and knees to the back and ribs not considered illegal ? I guess we always expect and accept certain degree of hardness from the players.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:39 pm

I love it how the commentators brush aside tummy taps as if it's nothing, but let me tell you even the soft ones can deck you if they hit the sweet spot and you're not expecting it.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:45 pm

piedys wrote:
BTW, sniper Hodge will surely go for a sling tackle AND jumper punch.
Let's see the AFL revert to a $1,000.00 fine this week, my guess...

Oh, lo-and-f*cking behold, the Sniper King Hodge gets away with two counts of murder again.
Unf*cking believable.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: