Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Kruger, Bolt & Hanson call for ban on Muslim immigration

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:01 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
How many terrorist attacks in Europe have been caused by recent arrivals? My impression was that most of them were nationals.

Yeah, home bred Muslims.

When is the penny going to drop for all the do gooders, how many deaths will it take before they open their eyes?

This 'national' had no problem killing his sister for dishonouring Allah.

Ms Baloch became a household name in Pakistan after posting sometimes raunchy photographs, comments and videos on social media sites, on which she had hundreds of thousands of followers.

The 26-year-old was well aware of the opposition she faced in the conservative Muslim country but was unapologetic.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-36858317

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:09 pm

Skids wrote:

In per capita terms a woman is more likely to be killed by a close male to her in Australia than a woman being killed in an honour killing in Pakistan.

Bloody muslims.

When will lefties wake up Rolling Eyes

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:17 pm

watt price tully wrote:

Bloody muslims.

When will lefties wake up

Welcome to the dark side, we have cookies. Razz

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:47 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Skids wrote:

In per capita terms a woman is more likely to be killed by a close male to her in Australia than a woman being killed in an honour killing in Pakistan.

Bloody muslims.

Domestic violence in Pakistan is an endemic social problem. According to a study carried out in 2009 by Human Rights Watch, it is estimated that between 70 and 90 percent of women in Pakistan have suffered some form of abuse.[1] An estimated 5000 women are killed per year from domestic violence, with thousands of others maimed or disabled.[2] The majority of victims of violence have no legal recourse. Law enforcement authorities do not view domestic violence as a crime and usually refuse to register any cases brought to them. Given the very few women's shelters in the country, victims have limited ability to escape from violent situations.

Islam. Not even once.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:51 pm

Wokko wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Skids wrote:

Bloody muslims.

Domestic violence in Pakistan is an endemic social problem. According to a study carried out in 2009 by Human Rights Watch, it is estimated that between 70 and 90 percent of women in Pakistan have suffered some form of abuse.[1] An estimated 5000 women are killed per year from domestic violence, with thousands of others maimed or disabled.[2] The majority of victims of violence have no legal recourse. Law enforcement authorities do not view domestic violence as a crime and usually refuse to register any cases brought to them. Given the very few women's shelters in the country, victims have limited ability to escape from violent situations.

Islam. Not even once.

Stop changing the subject.

I'll repeat: a woman is more likely to be killed (because that's what we were talking about) by a close male to her in Australia (usually a partner or ex partner) than a woman being killed through honour killing in Pakistan on a per capita (proportional basis). Honour killing & the notion of provocation might be two sides of the one coin.

& yes a woman has more chance escaping a violent male in Australia - isn't that comforting.

Last edited by watt price tully on Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:52 pm

Soon, I think.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:10 pm

Ismail al Wahwah demands Muslims murder Jews. Then does it again. Yet Sonia Kruger is the one in trouble?

http://www.michaelsmithnews.com/2016/07/ismail-al-wahwah-demands-muslims-murder-jews-then-does-it-again-yet-sonia-kruger-is-the-one-in-troub.html

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:43 pm

Remind me what's actually happened to poor, misunderstood Sonia? Has she been sacked? Suspended? Asked to give a public apology? Been 'counselled'? Not as far as I'm aware. She seems to have emerged remarkably unscathed from all this (perhaps being a conventionally attractive blonde woman on commercial TV helps).

On the other hand, if a HbT preacher is calling for crimes to be committed against Jewish people or stirring up racial hatred, then he should be prosecuted under those laws. If that hasn't happened, then that is a failing of the system and the people responsible should be held accountable. But don't go around claiming double standards when Kruger is yet to even receive a slap on the wrist for what she said.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:48 pm

David wrote:
Remind me what's actually happened to poor, misunderstood Sonia? Has she been sacked? Suspended? Asked to give a public apology? Been 'counselled'? Not as far as I'm aware. She seems to have emerged remarkably unscathed from all this (perhaps being a conventionally attractive blonde woman on commercial TV helps).

On the other hand, if a HbT preacher is calling for crimes to be committed against Jewish people or stirring up racial hatred, then he should be prosecuted under those laws. If that hasn't happened, then that is a failing of the system and the people responsible should be held accountable. But don't go around claiming double standards when Kruger is yet to even receive a slap on the wrist for what she said.

Kruger got pilloried and bullied for expressing an opinion, this dickwad is apparently inciting extreme violence yet the social justice warriors appear to have slept in or missed it. Rolling Eyes

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:02 pm

People have their hobby horses, more news at 6. I agree it's a problem when people turn their backs on one issue because it doesn't suit their agenda, but that's pretty much all I'm seeing from both sides on this issue at the moment.

One thing I'd like clarified, though: apart from Twitter abuse (the universal cost of speaking in public these days, it seems), what exactly is the worst that Kruger has endured as a result of her comments?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:04 pm

So, mass opinion is somewhat incoherent, logically inconsistent and capricious? Who'd have thought that? Fashion is usually so much more reliable!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:08 pm

David wrote:
People have their hobby horses, more news at 6. I agree it's a problem when people turn their backs on one issue because it doesn't suit their agenda, but that's pretty much all I'm seeing from both sides on this issue at the moment.

One thing I'd like clarified, though: apart from Twitter abuse (the universal cost of speaking in public these days, it seems), what exactly is the worst that Kruger has endured as a result of her comments?

She's been sort of mocked a bit but, worse still, been publicly defended by - and therefore associated with - a number of people who should know better.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:15 pm

David wrote:

Mental distress
Reputational damage
Potential loss of earning capacity

She's not some right wing shock jock to whom the attacks from the twitterati and other SJW's only serve to strengthen their credentials with their core audience, she's a relatively innocuous presence marketed to a general audience.

How many people do you know who would now refuse to watch a TV show with her in it on principle based on what she said? (that's if any of them would admit to watching commercial TV anyway)

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:19 pm

Surely you jest? What she probably got was a boost in ratings.

This is the problem with saying controversial stuff - you can create a controversy.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:46 pm

No jesting and I doubt very much she'll get any ratings boost, her future at the moment would be subject to very sensitive discussions.

Courting controversy only works for you when that's your brand. It's not hers. While a (very) few people supported her the number of her colleagues who conspicuously ran a mile from commenting was noticeable.

Some of them may have agreed with her, some may not have but very few dared say anything out of fear of the consequences. (just like why you won't download)

So the social media is building a society where only those with nothing to lose or those who court controversy/make a living expressing opinions are prepared to express opinions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: