Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Kruger, Bolt & Hanson call for ban on Muslim immigration

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CP 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:24 pm
Post subject: Kruger, Bolt & Hanson call for ban on Muslim immigrationReply with quote

<Split from US Election thread>

CP wrote:
A few years back many staunch advocates for spending hundreds of billions of dollars on reducing carbon dioxide emissions in order to combat man-made global warming used a pretty consistent argument to proffer their case. It took the emotion out and instead based it on risk management.

The argument was that if we did spend this money and AGW turned out to not be as catastrophic as the models predict, then all we've lost is the money and we have 'cleaner' industry for it. BUT, if we didn't spend the money and AGW turns Earth into a fiery hell-hole, then we've lost EVERYHTING.

It made reasonable sense to the most ardent anti-AGW campaigner and became at least a platform by which to mount a conversation.

Fast forward about 6 years and a similar argument can be used for the abolition of Muslim immigration into civilised, progressive western cultures.

If countries such as continental Europe, Australia, Japan, Canada, USA, much of South America and the British Isles ceased the intake of Muslims and the threat of Islam isn't as big as the Koran insists it should be, then our communities in effect, will have lost essentially nothing.

BUT, if we keep Muslim immigration rolling and allow 'refugees' from Muslim countries into our lands and they are indeed on jihad to effectively convert or kill 'unbelievers' and implement sharia law as dictated in the Koran, then we have lost EVERYHTING.

In light of events over the past few months, I was reminded of this purest form of truth.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

CP wrote:
CP wrote:
A few years back many staunch advocates for spending hundreds of billions of dollars on reducing carbon dioxide emissions in order to combat man-made global warming used a pretty consistent argument to proffer their case. It took the emotion out and instead based it on risk management.

The argument was that if we did spend this money and AGW turned out to not be as catastrophic as the models predict, then all we've lost is the money and we have 'cleaner' industry for it. BUT, if we didn't spend the money and AGW turns Earth into a fiery hell-hole, then we've lost EVERYHTING.

It made reasonable sense to the most ardent anti-AGW campaigner and became at least a platform by which to mount a conversation.

Fast forward about 6 years and a similar argument can be used for the abolition of Muslim immigration into civilised, progressive western cultures.

If countries such as continental Europe, Australia, Japan, Canada, USA, much of South America and the British Isles ceased the intake of Muslims and the threat of Islam isn't as big as the Koran insists it should be, then our communities in effect, will have lost essentially nothing.

BUT, if we keep Muslim immigration rolling and allow 'refugees' from Muslim countries into our lands and they are indeed on jihad to effectively convert or kill 'unbelievers' and implement sharia law as dictated in the Koran, then we have lost EVERYHTING.

In light of events over the past few months, I was reminded of this purest form of truth.

That's genius. Of course you'll be told you have to worry about the feelings of the people who want you dead and to destroy your society, but I'm with you. In fact I'm stealing your quote Laughing
CP 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:42 pm

Cheers Wokko.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:13 pm

And Pascal's Wager is still an atrocious thing to base public policy on.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:18 pm

As a side note, Trump never said to ban Muslim immigration forever, he said they should stop it (ban it) until they work out a reliable screening mechanism.

Shrieking 'Racist' and 'Xenophobe' at people who agree with that policy is the same as any other debate where the response to a challenge is to resort to insulting the opponent. In the end, it undermines not enhances.

I think our screening processes (which includes not letting in people who come here by boat with no ID) are reasonable, but could be improved. We definitely screen closely anyone from the trouble spots, as we should and favour families over single young men.

Simply ignoring, dismissing or belittling the opinions of people who call for Muslim immigration to be banned only inflames the situation and ignores the reasons behind it. They aren't all racist* imbeciles any more than all muslims are terrorists in waiting.

* Racist is a way over used term IMHO and lets not forget that Islam is a religion not a race

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:22 pm

stui magpie wrote:
As a side note, Trump never said to ban Muslim immigration forever, he said they should stop it (ban it) until they work out a reliable screening mechanism.

Shrieking 'Racist' and 'Xenophobe' at people who agree with that policy is the same as any other debate where the response to a challenge is to resort to insulting the opponent. In the end, it undermines not enhances.

I think our screening processes (which includes not letting in people who come here by boat with no ID) are reasonable, but could be improved. We definitely screen closely anyone from the trouble spots, as we should and favour families over single young men.

Simply ignoring, dismissing or belittling the opinions of people who call for Muslim immigration to be banned only inflames the situation and ignores the reasons behind it. They aren't all racist* imbeciles any more than all muslims are terrorists in waiting.

* Racist is a way over used term IMHO and lets not forget that Islam is a religion not a race

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:28 pm

stui magpie wrote:
.......n.

Simply ignoring, .....

How does "simply ignoring" fan the flames so to speak?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:50 pm

Ignoring can be viewed as tacit approval.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:02 am

stui magpie wrote:
Ignoring can be viewed as tacit approval.

That's true.

With respect to Hanson I reckon say little & let her hang herself (enough rope).

Like dealing with CP Wink

Sam Dastyari was very good tonight on Q & A with respect to dealing with Hanson: He called it the Politics of Hate: First it was the Aborigines, then the Asians now Muslims that she's now been doing for over 20 years & he said she is very good at it, that is causing divisiveness etc

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:16 am

stui magpie wrote:

You must be the only person in the world (well, perhaps apart from Jezza, judging by his response Laughing) who is impressed by that distinction. An indefinite ban, and particularly one couched in such vague terminology "until we can work out what's going on"! is a ban, is a ban. What exactly needs to change in screening processes in order for Trump to change his mind? He doesn't say because he hasn't thought of it. That's the benefit of an 'indefinite' ban you can always come back to it 'later' (i.e. 'never').

If you agree with such a ban ('temporary' or otherwise), that is a xenophobic view. That's not a personal insult, it's just what xenophobia (literally, 'fear of the other') is. Let's not beat around the bush here: any policy that profiles and excludes 1/6th of the world's population because of the actions of a few is discriminatory and solely motivated by fear of difference (or else the desire to capitalise on that fear for political gain). It may not fit the dictionary definition of racism, but it is as bad as racism in every single respect.

People who want to ban Muslims tend to go on a lot about preserving Western values. It's a shame that they're undermining what is perhaps the original Western value, which is freedom of religion.

Last edited by David on Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:20 am; edited 2 times in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:18 am

Then again, it may not.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:47 am

Maybe you'll find John Birmingham's take more compelling:

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/comment/blunt-instrument/sonia-kruger-contributed-to-the-very-danger-she-fears-20160718-gq8htv.html

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:54 am

What a load of horseshit. Just another twat wanting to silence those who are calling out Islam for what it is; a vile, hateful religious/political ideology determined to spread itself as far and wide as possible. Right now the target for expansion is Europe and The West in general. When a nation is under attack from a group of people through immigration and out breeding on one hand and violent attacks on civilians on the other then closing the borders to that group is a rational, pragmatic and sane response.

His attacks on Kruger at the start don't do him any credit either.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:01 am

I hope they get a move on and "outbreed" people of Kruger's intelligence.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:10 am

David wrote:
Maybe you'll find John Birmingham's take more compelling:

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/comment/blunt-instrument/sonia-kruger-contributed-to-the-very-danger-she-fears-20160718-gq8htv.html

Sonia who (FFS)?

Very funny & calls like it is.

Birmingham is a very good writer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8   

Jump to: