Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Kruger, Bolt & Hanson call for ban on Muslim immigration

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:28 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Studies show that 99%25 of people spell Hmm with 2 M's.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:01 pm

We should simply require a fundamental, basic standard of rationality from our immigrants. Anyone so stupid that they walk around every day believing in sky faries and letting that absurd, counter-factual belief determine all their other beliefs isn't fit to be a citizen of a modern, civilised country. They can stay where they are until they learn to think more effectively than a bright six-year-old.

(Unfortunately, there is no practical way to require the same basic standard of mental function from existing citizens. But at least we can stop making the problem worse.)

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:35 pm

Tannin wrote:
We should simply require a fundamental, basic standard of rationality from our immigrants. Anyone so stupid that they walk around every day believing in sky faries and letting that absurd, counter-factual belief determine all their other beliefs isn't fit to be a citizen of a modern, civilised country. They can stay where they are until they learn to think more effectively than a bright six-year-old.

(Unfortunately, there is no practical way to require the same basic standard of mental function from existing citizens. But at least we can stop making the problem worse.)

ah, so no muslims, no christians, no funny hat people! sounds fair

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:44 pm

Mountains Magpie wrote:
David wrote:
Let's not beat around the bush here: any policy that profiles and excludes 1/6th of the world's population because of the actions of a few is discriminatory and solely motivated by fear of difference (or else the desire to capitalise on that fear for political gain). It may not fit the dictionary definition of racism, but it is as bad as racism in every single respect.

Perhaps it has nothing to do with the actions of a few.

It just might be more to do with the inaction of the many.

MM

Reminds me of this article I read the other night:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jul/19/the-most-depressing-thing-about-pauline-hansons-view-of-muslims-the-facts-no-longer-matter

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:54 pm

In Europe, 72% of the Syrian refugees are male, 15% children and only 13% women. That's from the United Nations site.

Come on, wake up people..... that's an invasion if ever I've seen one!

roar 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:56 pm

Wokko wrote:
The left has never wanted to hear dissenting views or have a discussion because their position has been logically debated and found wanting over and over again. After losing a debate, they wake up the next morning and have the exact same position they had the day before only now cognitive dissonance has kicked in; their ego engages and it becomes an abuse fest.

The likes of David who are happy to debate the issues are few and far between, far more likely you'll just cop a stream of buzzword abuse and if that doesn't silence you they'll start throwing fists. Vile ideology that attracts the worst self hating small people.

Oh FFS, re-read what you have just written and explain to me how it is not an example of what you accuse "the left" of doing.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:56 pm

Shocked
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:32 pm

Tannin wrote:
We should simply require a fundamental, basic standard of rationality from our immigrants. ......

Is that with or without knowing Bradman's batting average?

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:36 pm

Oops. Too much data.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:48 pm

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:49 pm

Skids wrote:

Great argument except for one tiny detail: you've never seen an invasion before Laughing Wink

Mountains Magpie 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:29 pm

David wrote:
Mountains Magpie wrote:
David wrote:
Let's not beat around the bush here: any policy that profiles and excludes 1/6th of the world's population because of the actions of a few is discriminatory and solely motivated by fear of difference (or else the desire to capitalise on that fear for political gain). It may not fit the dictionary definition of racism, but it is as bad as racism in every single respect.

Perhaps it has nothing to do with the actions of a few.

It just might be more to do with the inaction of the many.

MM

Reminds me of this article I read the other night:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jul/r19/the-most-depressing-thing-about-pauline-hansons-view-of-muslims-the-facts-no-longer-matter

The 2nd and 4th links at the beginning of the article worked but where in the Australian mainstream media were these press releases printed?

Only if this is done can opinions perhaps be changed. If it's not, then the mainstream media is complicit in failing to alter the perceptions of the masses. Or is that the design?

MM

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:12 pm

Skids wrote:
In Europe, 72% of the Syrian refugees are male, 15% children and only 13% women. That's from the United Nations site.

What are you, a King Street nightclub bouncer trying to enforce an optimum gender ratio? "Don't like ya shoes mate, yer out".

Seriously, there are fairly evident reasons why so many single men are seeking asylum in Europe, if you want to do some basic digging and work it out for yourself. But if you'd rather buy into conspiracy theories about Muslim invasion, that's your prerogative.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:05 pm

Lets play devils advocate mathematically for a second. A thought experiment.

Lets not consider Muslims from countries that have no major terrorism issues and say that potentially 1% of muslims from the middle east are either terrorist, terrorist sympathisers or to some degree radicalised, which ignores the capacity to become radicalised.

We allow 20,000 Muslims from the middle east to immigrate to Australia.

Without serious screening, there's 200 potential terrorists we just let in.

Lets say based on track record, each terrorist would on average be responsible for 10 deaths, that's 2000 Australians potentially dead and probably double that injured.

Is that an acceptable level of risk?

For comparison, the national road toll for 2015 was 1209 deaths.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:35 pm

David wrote:
Skids wrote:

What are you, a King Street nightclub bouncer trying to enforce an optimum gender ratio? "Don't like ya shoes mate, yer out".

Don't be so silly - there are way way way too many single men arriving all at once!!!!

Syrians only comprise around a third of arrivals this year - Afghans, Iraqis, Africans and Pakistanis number the rest - not exactly countries where women enjoy freedom or countries where these hordes of single men would be used to seeing women dressing as they please, unchaperoned, driving or having rights etc!!

Far too many all at once for any country to possibly hope to educate and assimilate successfully - end of!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8   

Jump to: