Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nick's Posting XXII Round 17: vs eddiebetts

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:20 pm
Post subject: Nick's Posting XXII Round 17: vs eddiebettsReply with quote

Quote:
Election 2016: Coach John Wren claims victory

Below is an excerpt from John Wren's victory speech:

We have resolved this election. We’ve gone through this election with strangely fought arguments, issues of selection policy, issues of principle and we’ve done so somewhat peacefully and constructively. And it is something we should celebrate but not take for granted, that here at Nick’s we settle these big political issues, we settle who sits in our inner sanctum, we settle who coaches our forum and we do so peacefully through our democratic processes. So above all, I want to thank the people of Nick’s.

Earlier today qldmagpie67 called me and congratulated me on being re-affirmed as coach. And I thank that cane toad for that call – he congratulated me and I thanked him and his goat for making that call and I have to say on a conciliatory note, when qldmagpie67 called me I knew history was being made when I was having that discussion with the goat herder from the north.

It is an important thing to acknowledge and to reflect upon – the support of the community. Coaching, whether you are a leader or a candidate, or disaffected, rancid lickspittle like qldmagpie67 and his cronies – coaching is a full on business, very stressful business and Nicksters bear in many ways the greatest load. So I want to thank my Nicksters for the wonderful support they have given me in this campaign and throughout my time, my coaching life. And I want to thank all of the Nicksters around Australia who’ve supported me in this election.

a little bit of an overkill having 22 vs just eddiebetts but we can never be too sure he won't tear us a new one. that said, no changes this week. stability is the key. so is loyalty. and incumbency.

Nick's Posting XXII vs Adelaide Round 17.jpg

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent selections again
Only this time can I actually get on the field instead of staying on the bench the whole match? That brown paper bag of $50's is on its way

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:56 pm

Where do I go to get my glove approved?
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:56 pm

I'll be going through that brown paper bag when the post gets collected. Just to, uh, make sure that it's all there... Wink
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:00 pm

Sack the coach!!!
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:11 pm

Well what a long winded pack of falsehoods brazenly spoken by a "coach" who understands his time has come and gone.
Firstly let me set the record straight.
I never called John Wren to offer any congratulations as there was nothing to congratulate him about. He closed the poll early (it's still Wednesday right and the poll wasn't due to close until midnight.
Secondly the matter has been referred to the AEC AFP FBI CIA and several other law enforcement agencies.
Thirdly how can 675,439 votes against John Wren be considered invalid by himself on the basis that he didn't like them ??
Lastly he said he could hear a goat in the background well I think the call he may have been a taped call from our former coach Swoop42 a known goat fondler and worshiper.
Speaking of Swoop does anyone know of his whereabouts since JW had him disposed of to take control of the posting XXII
The rebel alliance will not recognise this unofficial regime
This matter will now be settled in a court of law or in a dark alley which ever seems the easiest and cheapest way to finalise
Posters be heartened that this isn't over the rebel alliance will return to its rightful place as the true dictators of the posting XXII
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:18 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Sack the coach!!!

First chance you've had to say that in weeks. Razz Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:38 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Well what a long winded pack of falsehoods brazenly spoken by a "coach" who understands his time has come and gone.
I never called John Wren to offer any congratulations as there was nothing to congratulate him about. He closed the poll early (it's still Wednesday right and the poll wasn't due to close until midnight.
Secondly the matter has been referred to the AEC AFP FBI CIA and several other law enforcement agencies.
Thirdly how can 675,439 votes against John Wren be considered invalid by himself on the basis that he didn't like them ??
Lastly he said he could hear a goat in the background well I think the call he may have been a taped call from our former coach Swoop42 a known goat fondler and worshiper.
Speaking of Swoop does anyone know of his whereabouts since JW had him disposed of to take control of the posting XXII
This matter will now be settled in a court of law or in a dark alley which ever seems the easiest and cheapest way to finalise
Posters be heartened that this isn't over the rebel alliance will return to its rightful place as the true dictators of the posting XXII

clearly, you have much to learn about being a dictator.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:16 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Sack the coach!!!

First chance you've had to say that in weeks. Razz Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Look Stui I've kicked a ton of goals every season in the magoos for the last 3 years, and I know my form in the last couple of weeks has been poor (to say the least) but I thought the weight of goals... year after year... season after season would eventually get me a guernsey... apparently not it seems...

Sack the coach Wink
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:28 pm

didick wrote:

Doubt those surgical rubber gloves of yours will ever pass muster
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:37 pm

jackcass wrote:
didick wrote:

Doubt those surgical rubber gloves of yours will ever pass muster

What about mine?

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:49 pm

Hard to make a change when the combination is on fire. Very Happy
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:42 am

Our beloved coach has my undying loyalty, but I am open to all offers from third parties.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:01 am

Sack the coach!!!

He has to go.

This is a travesty! I still haven't been selected despite dominating the reserves.

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:47 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:

Swoop's expertise in goat fondling/goat handling was duly noted outside of this forum in political circles... From what i understand he took up a lucrative offer as the PA for Pauline Hanson.

With the nagging, bad smells and butting of heads common in qld politics and politics generally Swoop is indeed in his element! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: