Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Roos. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve wrote:
mattys123′s Round 18 – Collingwood vs North Melbourne Match Preview is up on the site:

http://www.magpies.net/nick/?p=1822

Thanks Matt

Thanks Matt, another great report. Well done.

Fasolo enigmatic eh? Reckon I used to drive an old Ford enigmatic some years ago Razz Wink

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:16 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
piedys wrote:

Buckley drop Blair? I suppose "those photos" have to surface eventually...

Funnily enough Jarryd must have had them on Malthouse as well. Perhaps the pictures involve Bucks and Mick in a loving embrace...

The thing about Bilbo is that every few weeks when he's on the verge of being dropped he plays a good game, which saves his spot for another few weeks.

I don't see it like that. I'd have said that Blair is one of our more consistent players, who fulfils the coach's instructions nearly every week, and usually creates 2-3 goals a week from his own boot, or from others'. I think he'd get a start at nearly every other club. He's hard at it, good overhead, a good kick for goal and good in and under. The Pies problems early in the year were with one-way mids and an unsettled back line, not with the hobbit.

mattys123 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:30 pm

Ideally Blair would be a fringe player in any side, he wouldn't get a game for any of the top sides at the moment, simply because they have similar players who can place pressure on up forward, but are more naturally talented.

Blair's actually had a good year though, especially in the last few weeks, so his spot in the team at the moment isn't even in question.

But long term I'd like to see him replaced, because if we are going to play and win finals in the future, we'll need players with more natural talent in the forward line to impact the scoreboard.

Blair plays the defensive small forward role well, but he simply doesn't score enough. He's only kicked a goal in 7 of the 16 games so far this season, that's a terrible return, even for a defensive forward.

Compare that to Puopolo, who plays a similar role, yet has kicked a goal in 13 of his 16 games this season.

Long term we need to replace Blair, but with Elliott and Swan out for the rest of this season, I can't see anyone capable of doing it from the VFL ranks.
npalm 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:46 pm

Puopolo is having an unusually good scoring year this season. Far better than his career average. Blairy's carrer stats, including goal scoring, compare favourably with Puopolo's.
Check this: http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=11&playerStatus2=A&tid2=5&type=A&pid1=3508&pid2=3205&fid1=C&fid2=C

And don't forget that Puopolo has played in a more successful team, where its far easier to get a kick!

mattys123 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:10 pm

npalm wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
piedys wrote:

Buckley drop Blair? I suppose "those photos" have to surface eventually...

Funnily enough Jarryd must have had them on Malthouse as well. Perhaps the pictures involve Bucks and Mick in a loving embrace...

The thing about Bilbo is that every few weeks when he's on the verge of being dropped he plays a good game, which saves his spot for another few weeks.

I don't see it like that. I'd have said that Blair is one of our more consistent players, who fulfils the coach's instructions nearly every week, and usually creates 2-3 goals a week from his own boot, or from others'. I think he'd get a start at nearly every other club. He's hard at it, good overhead, a good kick for goal and good in and under. The Pies problems early in the year were with one-way mids and an unsettled back line, not with the hobbit.

Ideally Blair would be a fringe player in any side, he wouldn't get a game for any of the top sides at the moment, simply because they have similar players who can place pressure on up forward, but are more naturally talented.

Blair's actually had a good year though, especially in the last few weeks, so his spot in the team at the moment isn't even in question.

But long term I'd like to see him replaced, because if we are going to play and win finals in the future, we'll need players with more natural talent in the forward line to impact the scoreboard.

Blair plays the defensive small forward role well, but he simply doesn't score enough. He's only kicked a goal in 7 of the 16 games so far this season, that's a terrible return, even for a defensive forward.

Compare that to Puopolo, who plays a similar role, yet has kicked a goal in 13 of his 16 games this season.

Long term we need to replace Blair, but with Elliott and Swan out for the rest of this season, I can't see anyone capable of doing it from the VFL ranks.

Puopolo is having an unusually good scoring year this season. Far better than his career average. Blairy's carrer stats, including goal scoring, compare favourably with Puopolo's.
Check this: http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=11&playerStatus2=A&tid2=5&type=A&pid1=3508&pid2=3205&fid1=C&fid2=C

And don't forget that Puopolo has played in a more successful team, where its far easier to get a kick!

Yeah fair enough, I'm not a real fan of either really, but Puopolo has gone to a different level this year, he's having a career best year for sure.

Just can't see Blair ever reaching that level, even if we do improve.

But for the moment Blair stays in the team.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:28 pm

mattys123 wrote:

Well, perhaps - but the last time I looked at the 2010 Premiership side, J Blair was there in black and white... ?? Confused

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:50 pm

^^^ In a way, given some of the cattle on the park, it's hard to understand how the 'pies won that one, isn't it? Maxwell, Nathan Brown, Blair, Leroy, Dawes, Cloke, Toovey, Goldsack and Macaffer have all been serious whipping boys on Nick's at various times. It's funny how quite a few of them have been "coach's favourites" of two senior coaches.

Last edited by Pies4shaw on Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:06 pm

OUT: De Goey, Macaffer
IN: Fasolo, Williams

Cox listed as an emergency.

Apparently anyway.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:21 pm

Quote:
Patrick Keane ‏@AFL_PKeane ˇ 3s4 seconds ago

Rd18 teams named on club sites / http://afl.com.au
Coll v NM
Fasolo, Williams for Macaffer, De Goey.
Daw, Dumont for Waite, Wagner.

https://twitter.com/AFL_PKeane/status/756041275963342848

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:35 pm

Quote:
COLLINGWOOD TEAM

IN: Alex Fasolo, Marley Williams
OUT: Jordan De Goey (omit), Brent Macaffer (omit)

B: Jonathon Marsh, Nathan Brown, Jeremy Howe
HB: Taylor Adams, Ben Reid, Ben Sinclair
C: Steele Sidebottom, Adam Treloar, James Aish
HF: Alex Fasolo, Travis Cloke, Travis Varcoe
F: Darcy Moore, Jesse White, Jarryd Blair
Foll: Brodie Grundy, Scott Pendlebury, Jack Crisp
Int: Levi Greenwood, Marley Williams, Brayden Maynard, Josh Smith
Emg: Jordan De Goey, Tyson Goldsack, Mason Cox

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2016-07-21/selection-two-inclusions-to-take-on-roos

Confirmed

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:37 pm

Both teams in the OP.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:39 pm

What's the plan with this? De Goey has been fairly average all season (I think I first suggested he should be dropped after the Anzac Day game) and it seemed they were determined to play him, come what may, yet now they drop him when it doesn't actually matter?
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:42 pm

And <snip> me running, Blair keeps his spot.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:54 pm

Of course it matters.

I'm planning on going to the game and I want to hit The Mens gallery in a good mood post match.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:02 pm

Here's a hint - I've been staying in a good mood by not going to games since the Footscray debacle last year. Probably makes the Legends membership a bit redundant, though. Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: