Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Roos. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

E wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Pretty easy week at the selection this week.

OUT: Macaffer
IN: Fasolo, Oxley, Williams, Broomhead

Fas the likely inclusion. Smith might also be due for a rest, if so, Williams comes in.

is Macaffer injured????

Not that I'm aware of. Just thought he had little impact Saturday night.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:53 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Pretty easy week at the selection this week.

OUT: Macaffer
IN: Fasolo, Oxley, Williams, Broomhead

Fas the likely inclusion. Smith might also be due for a rest, if so, Williams comes in.

Smith is playing too well to be dropped, although I didn't see much of him in the last quarter, so maybe he's injured.
To me selection is easy:
OUT: Macaffer White
IN: Cox Fasolo (or Broomhead if Fasolo doesn't come up)

I agree, Smith has been playing well but he was very quiet Saturday night with only a dozen or so possessions and had very little impact. If he was doing a lock down role on a crows forward (ie: Cameron - 8 possies) then I'm happy to recant but that wasn't discernible from the TV coverage.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:50 pm

Lazza wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Last chance to make something of this season, especially with North in steep decline now.

The problem is that they are due for a win on the mother of all rebounds.... Crying or Very sad Sad

spot on Lazza, you call it well, the bastards will be desperate like buggery,go flat out, their pride is in tatters,and they are hurting badly, always a bad omen to play a team being humilitated. Having said that, I have no doubt we will have a red hot go, and they may find the young Pies run them off their legs. I think it will be a very close game, could go either way really, need more time to think about this one. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:24 pm

North are sitting ducks and I expect us to win and win fairly easily. They have no run, there forward line is operating worse than ours and there backs aren't that good really.
If we show the same pressure and effort as the last 2 weeks we should win
MCCaffer was quiet on the weekend the speed of the game sort of caught him out might be time to qualify him in the seconds and bring Faz or Broomy back in.
Those saying Smith was quiet are right but he played mostly on Cameron who had no impact on the game (8 touches by memory) so don't be to quick to knock the kid
If Blair was concussed then he probably misses a week going by past concussions (play it safe) if so could be wi deal chance to give Wills his first jersey or give Phillips another run
If Caff and Blair both miss I would be playing either Sidey or Varcoe forward all night we need class up there and they both have it. Let Adams and co win the ball and Pendles and or Sidey or Varcoe feed it up field.
This will be a good test for Grundy to see how far his come. He will be more athletic around the ground but he needs to go with Goldstein when he goes forward to make sure he earns any kicks.
Marsh gets Waite Brown gets Petrie, Smith on Harvey when he plays forward (need someone with speed) Maynard of Thomas when he's forward and work off him
Greenwood gets run with role again on whoever bucks thinks is in best form for them.
In the replay I noticed Mayanrd actually started in the midfield in the 4th quarter at a couple stoppages wonder if this was by design or because they moved him off Betts or he followed Betts to contests either way I don't mind the idea his body is suited to crashing some contests.
mattys123 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:45 pm

Pretty simple this one I reckon.

If Fasolo plays, and is close to 100% fit, we win. He's a 4-5 goal player a game, kicks 2, and creates 2-3 more.

If he doesn't it will be a close, ugly game between two sides struggling to score.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:05 pm

I'm very happy the way we played against Adelaide. I'm sorry we didn't win but Adelaide are a great side. We missed a number of opportunities in our forward line to kick goals, but that was a long way short of our best forward line. The inclusion of Fasolo will make us a much better side. I'm confident we can beat North Melbourne. I'm also confident we can knock over a few other teams before the end of the season.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:54 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Last chance to make something of this season, especially with North in steep decline now.

The problem is that they are due for a win on the mother of all rebounds.... Crying or Very sad Sad

spot on Lazza, you call it well, the bastards will be desperate like buggery,go flat out, their pride is in tatters,and they are hurting badly, always a bad omen to play a team being humilitated. Having said that, I have no doubt we will have a red hot go, and they may find the young Pies run them off their legs. I think it will be a very close game, could go either way really, need more time to think about this one. Confused

Could get Waite, Wells, Hansen and Daw up for selection as well which strengthens their team. Higgins, Waite and Wells are all really important to them. Thankfully Higgins won't be available this week.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:00 am

mattys123 wrote:

If Fasolo plays, and is close to 100% fit, we win. He's a 4-5 goal player a game, kicks 2, and creates 2-3 more.

If he doesn't it will be a close, ugly game between two sides struggling to score.

blair seems to play better with fas in the team. port made the pauperoos look second rate and very slow for a vast majority of the game. i am confident of a win but would our best beat their best?

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:35 am

Smith had a good start but faded to have a pretty poor game last week by his standards… he may be injured but he should be dropped anyway to make way for Williams.

Caff was just too slow and we desperately need Faz, Crocker or Broomhead up forward providing scoring chances!

OUT Caff, Smith
IN Faz, Willo

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:38 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Piesnchess, what Collingwood NEED to do is do what the likes of Melbourne and St Kilda have done to us before, treat this games as our grand final. Nothing less, nothing more. Bugger getting injuries, suspensions or whatever, give it absolutely bloody everything. Play like there is no tomorrow with relentless pack running, gang tackling, applying pressure acts, doing the one percenters, reckless smothers etc etc.
If we have this do or die attitiude, we ARE a realistic chance. At least if they play like this and lose, we will know that they gave it their absolute best shot. Rolling Eyes

npalm 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:15 pm

John Wren wrote:
i am confident of a win but would our best beat their best?

No, I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the side we'll field this week will be younger and less experienced than them.
Just hope that their current form continues. If we can get a jump on them early they may drop their bundle.

By this time next year we'll have gone well past them, as we improve and they decline.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:10 pm

npalm wrote:
John Wren wrote:
i am confident of a win but would our best beat their best?

No, I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the side we'll field this week will be younger and less experienced than them.
Just hope that their current form continues. If we can get a jump on them early they may drop their bundle.

By this time next year we'll have gone well past them, as we improve and they decline.

I disagree. The recent form of Grundy is the kicker that gets us over the line but realistically there isn't a lot in it.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:21 pm

mattys123 wrote:

Fair call.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:08 pm

Without doubt, Caff needs to make way for Fas.

Then I'd like to see Wills finally get a game, probably by dropping Blair.

Then Bucks has to make a call on whether Smith did enough to hold his spot, or else he gets dropped to allow Williams to return.

Those are the only possible changes I'd consider. After missing 2 weeks, Cox now needs to return via the VFL.

Given the Roos poor form, we should win. The only query I really have is how well we play under the roof. Pies by 28 points.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:15 pm

cityslick1 wrote:
Would not be unhappy to see...

In: Faz, Goldy, Broomhead
Out: Macaffer, Brown, Blair

Mobile and reliable backline, though with marsh and goldy to play tall, whilst Blair and caf were passengers the other night, and make us slower and vulnerable

PERFECT!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: