Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Crows. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

PyreneesPie wrote:
Don Pyke said the Crows were subjected to "finals like" pressure.

Did he mention which week that was?
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:58 pm

Cam wrote:
GoWoodsmen wrote:
Pete 70 wrote:
Aish is a keeper. Going to get better and better.
Marsh is a keeper
Maynard is a keeper
People being critical of a second year Degoey - really? Well done son.
Taylor Adams - critical. Next premiership captain.
McCaff - Premiership legend - always will be, but time to go.
Jesse - love your passion but time to go.
Howe - thank goodness we got you.
Clokey - it may be time to say goodbye - needed you tonight. Got nothing.

Fairly good wrap of things. I like the way White has fought for his place in the team this year and think he's actually been quite good, albeit he makes mistakes. A little bit down tonight. In an ideal world we'd probably jettison him... but we don't have 5 guys waiting to come back in and if we get rid of Cloke (doubt it) who will be our talls? Howe is not the answer. He's a different kind of player for mine - although Keeffe will be back next year so Howe almost definitely goes forward.

Howe > Keefe off HB, Perhaps Keefe > Brown or Frost at CHB/FB

I'd forgotten about Brown down there.... he will be another year older and while isn't doing much wrong, also isn't really setting the world on fire. Forgot about Frost too.... many I move on quickly!! We've got Langdon too but he needs to pick up his game dramatically to be any chance of best 22. Going to be an interesting wait until 2017 to see the make-up of the team. Just wish we didn't have to sit through 6 weeks of games where, due to us definitely missing finals, we have no idea if we'll turn up or not!

Come to think of it... .that's pretty much been the story of the year, so I guess, business as usual!

Bkash 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:00 am

Was a good game, good pressure and effort .... Albeit couple of mistakes on the other hand outstanding game imo
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:01 am

Must've watched a different game regarding Darcy Moore than some people.

Greasy night, top rated opponent - marked what he could and brought the ball to ground when unable to hold the mark. Rarely caught behind his man.
Without dominating was pretty good.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:05 am

GoWoodsmen wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
GoWoodsmen wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
GoWoodsmen wrote:
Donny wrote:
Grundy had plenty of it but, again, one of our worst for D/E % (56.5).

Yeah but almost every single possession he gets he is surrounded by 8 players. Although only 11 of his touches were supposedly contested.... hmmmm.... much to ponder.

Jacobs had 3 times the AFL Player Ratings points as Grundy in that game.

huh? where? 64% disp eff vs 56%. 17 possessions v 23 possessions. 27 hitouts to 32. .... sorry but Grundy wins that debate comfortably.

Official AFL Ratings feed.

Every time a player is involved in a passage of play he has the chance to accrue or lose points. But rather than his score being a simple tally of his possessions, marks, tackles, hit-outs, free-kicks and scores, his performance is measured using a system called Equity Ratings. The system determines where and how a player influences a contest and whether the player's effort then results in a positive result for his team. Equity Ratings includes what coaches love to describe as "pressure acts". As a result, players are rewarded for interrupting opposition passages of play as well as setting up scores for their own team.

Players who consistently produce positive contributions are rewarded more highly than players with a high volume of stats. As an example, a 20-disposal game by Cyril Rioli, where 17 disposals are positive and only one is negative, can have the same impact as a 40-disposal game by Dane Swan, where 25 are positive and nine are negative.

You got a link to the feed? Or do you have to pay for it?

Search AFL Player Ratings on twitter and you should find it.

STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:06 am

Effort was there just beaten in moments, dropped Mark, poor kick to advantage, etc, eliminate them and your a top 8 side
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:07 am

King Monkey wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
GoWoodsmen wrote:
Donny wrote:
Grundy had plenty of it but, again, one of our worst for D/E % (56.5).

Yeah but almost every single possession he gets he is surrounded by 8 players. Although only 11 of his touches were supposedly contested.... hmmmm.... much to ponder.

Jacobs had 3 times the AFL Player Ratings points as Grundy in that game.

Goes to show how useful the AFL Player Ratings are.
Grundy outplayed Jacobs clearly.

That's what they said about Bill James and sabermetrics before just about everyone adopted the approach.

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:12 am

^The evidence was there to see.
Who do you think won that personal duel??

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:22 am

courtza wrote:
11th vs 2nd on their home deck, didnt expect to win but we were in it till the last 5 minutes which is alot more than I hoped for.

Apart from a bit of the first we held our own and with a little more polish and without some bad decisions we could have won.

There forward line is freakin huge and they have the best crummer in the game and I thought our backs did a pretty decent job to hold them as well as they did.

They also have a bloody good defence and our forward line is a little lacking in class at the moment which wasnt helped by some of our entries.

Work in progress

Gee sounds like your talking about a building team that has suddenly turned around a season from hell with three good wins, but has lost a couple of critical players to injury, but still gave a real crack against the team second on the ladder. Oh wait.....!
Cheers, since I couldn't see the game (or follow it, I just woke up its 7am) I'll take this review, seems balanced! Cheers

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:24 am

I'm happy, we didn't give up, we generated a lot of chances and blew them, i bet their glad they don't have to face us again.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:29 am

think positive wrote:
courtza wrote:
11th vs 2nd on their home deck, didnt expect to win but we were in it till the last 5 minutes which is alot more than I hoped for.

Apart from a bit of the first we held our own and with a little more polish and without some bad decisions we could have won.

There forward line is freakin huge and they have the best crummer in the game and I thought our backs did a pretty decent job to hold them as well as they did.

They also have a bloody good defence and our forward line is a little lacking in class at the moment which wasnt helped by some of our entries.

Work in progress

Gee sounds like your talking about a building team that has suddenly turned around a season from hell with three good wins, but has lost a couple of critical players to injury, but still gave a real crack against the team second on the ladder. Oh wait.....!
Cheers, since I couldn't see the game (or follow it, I just woke up its 7am) I'll take this review, seems balanced! Cheers

I agree. I think we're not far off it. This year has been disappointing, but I'm comfortable with the direction we're heading in.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:33 am

Adams was our best Player

34 Touches

4 Marks

5 Clearnces

5 Tackles

1 Goal

Massive Attack on the Ball as well

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:41 am

Had serious concerns about the club in the first seven rounds, but I'm content with the direction we're heading in now so some of my fears about the future have been alleviated for the time being. Efforts like tonight will see us win more often than not.

We just need to work on better decision-making when we have the ball and start to display more polish over a period of time the way the top sides do, otherwise I think we're heading in the right direction despite a disappointing season. The last six weeks will tell me more but I'm quite optimistic about our prospects provided we have a decent injury run and we keep injecting games into the youth.

Elliott and Fasolo up forward would have been very handy tonight considering the lack of small timber that could have exploited the crumbing the way Betts and Cameron did the other way for Adelaide.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:55 am

We had a crack but made some dumb decisions too many hand balls and as stated no crumbing forwards hurt us and our big forwards didn't play smart , in saying that a greasy night for marks . Very proud of Sinclair and Maynard they worked hard all night along with aish and Howe. Crisp and greenwood were crucial , Steele and Pendles were good, but Steele that handball to crisp ffs

www.facebook/the hybernators
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:28 am

King Monkey wrote:
Must've watched a different game regarding Darcy Moore than some people.

Greasy night, top rated opponent - marked what he could and brought the ball to ground when unable to hold the mark. Rarely caught behind his man.
Without dominating was pretty good.

All 2 of them? Confused

Then 1 of which he kicked straight to a Crows player instead of taking the shot from 15m out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9   

Jump to: