Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Crows. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Raw Hammer wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
We deserved a closer margin.

No we didn't. We deserved everything we got. Just a DUMB DUMB team. When senior players like Sidebottom and Reid are playing smartass football, the team has BO CHANCE.

BoDallas2.jpg

Museman 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:18 pm

King Monkey wrote:
Really harsh on Ben Reid in the game thread.
Has been brilliant this season on half-rat-power, has clearly lost a yard due to his injuries.
Made a few blues tonight, but I'd contend that he has some credits in the bank to avoid the "bowl of useless" comments and the like.

Credits mean jack shit, expect far better from him period.

To be fair to him he was far from the only one rowing the rudderless boat, peddles was poor, as was a few of the so called senior players, our youth was the reason we hung in there.
R_T_RUSH 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:19 pm

There is no way we can consistently compete with a top 8 team with Blair and Macaffer in the forward line.

With the dream over for 2016, we need to say goodbye to the two 'survivors' of 2010 for the remainder of the fixture.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:21 pm

R_T_RUSH wrote:
There is no way we can consistently compete with a top 8 team with Blair and Macaffer in the forward line.

With the dream over for 2016, we need to say goodbye to the two 'survivors' of 2010 for the remainder of the fixture.

But Blair is the darling of this board.
He does the 1% .......every now and then.

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:21 pm

kickit2me wrote:
Hitting the snooze button twice a quarter does my head in. 100 minutes lads, not 75!

Great call but we're damn young. Let alone the lack of continuity we've had this year. I think Crows have used 28 players, maybe less. We've used 10 more.

They were, on average, 9 months older than us but amazingly only 5 more games of experience than us ... so maybe it explains nothing.

I think the loss of Fas really killed us. Oh and Moore, Blair, Caff essentially contributing nothing. Add to that Reid having a shocker and all of the skill errors and that's your loss right there.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:22 pm

With the amount of football we drilled to the half forward line and inside 50, I just can't fathom how Blair is NEVER at the fall front and centre. How??? How is this bit FORCED from the coaching staff??? FFS Adelaide's talls crumbed more Bsll than our entire team. It's why we were so good last week...we finally had numbers at the fall of every contest. I hate watchingcthisxsnateyr school boy Sh!t. We need smart forward crumbers for the love of GOD!!!
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:24 pm

Brought our work boots but they weren't shiny enough. Lack polish. A bit of that and we are right with the top bracket.

Liked Sinclair's game, thought he tried really hard to compete and create. v He's graph is going up nicely vindicating the faith the coaching staff have put in him.

RudeBoy 

Our players gave their all, but we are just not quite good enough atm.

I thought Grundy played another great game and Aish played his best for us so far, showing glimpses of the player he might become.

The Crows seemed to have bigger and stronger bodies and their contested marking was much better than ours. Once Moore adds a few kilos of muscle he'll start holding a few of those marks he dropped tonight. We badly missed a Fasolo or Elliott.

I'm not sure why Caff was even picked as he is clearly no longer up to AFL standard. I agree with others re Blair. We have too many dwarfs in our team and Blair is the one too many.

Forget about finals now, just use the remainder of this season to build for next year. I'd bring back Cox, Williams and give Wills a game.
MightyMagpie 

GoWoodsmen wrote:
kickit2me wrote:
Hitting the snooze button twice a quarter does my head in. 100 minutes lads, not 75!

Great call but we're damn young. Let alone the lack of continuity we've had this year. I think Crows have used 28 players, maybe less. We've used 10 more.

They were, on average, 9 months older than us but amazingly only 5 more games of experience than us ... so maybe it explains nothing.

I think the loss of Fas really killed us. Oh and Moore, Blair, Caff essentially contributing nothing. Add to that Reid having a shocker and all of the skill errors and that's your loss right there.

We are a different team with Fas up forward.

We will be a very different team if we manage to get Jaime back on the park as well next year.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:25 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
With the amount of football we drilled to the half forward line and inside 50, I just can't fathom how Blair is NEVER at the fall front and centre. How??? How is this bit FORCED from the coaching staff??? FFS Adelaide's talls crumbed more Bsll than our entire team. It's why we were so good last week...we finally had numbers at the fall of every contest. I hate watchingcthisxsnateyr school boy Sh!t. We need smart forward crumbers for the love of GOD!!!

It is not that a few Nicksters haven't for years talked about this flaw.
Front and Square, front and square, front and square.... it never happens!!!!

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:26 pm

Grundy had plenty of it but, again, one of our worst for D/E % (56.5).

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:26 pm

R_T_RUSH wrote:

Insert Fasolo and Elliott and we improve 4 goals a game in 2017.
Not sure who comes in this year though?
Caff was a waste and Blair did nothing.
Williams would have been better suited to Betts, Maynard had is pants pulled down.
If I had any inkling that Treloar had polio in his left foot, we should have kept the two first rounders.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:27 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Our players gave their all, but we are just not quite good enough atm.

I thought Grundy played another great game and Aish played his best for us so far, showing glimpses of the player he might become.

The Crows seemed to have bigger and stronger bodies and their contested marking was much better than ours. Once Moore adds a few kilos of muscle he'll start holding a few of those marks he dropped tonight. We badly missed a Fasolo or Elliott.

I'm not sure why Caff was even picked as he is clearly no longer up to AFL standard. I agree with others re Blair. We have too many dwarfs in our team and Blair is the one too many.

Forget about finals now, just use the remainder of this season to build for next year. I'd bring back Cox, Williams and give Wills a game.

Agree with all of this Rudeboy. We weren't blown away when we could've been and we weren't disgraced.
Was really surprised to see the good game from Aish. Hope they persist with him through to the end of the season.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:27 pm

Museman wrote:
King Monkey wrote:
Really harsh on Ben Reid in the game thread.
Has been brilliant this season on half-rat-power, has clearly lost a yard due to his injuries.
Made a few blues tonight, but I'd contend that he has some credits in the bank to avoid the "bowl of useless" comments and the like.

Credits mean jack shit, expect far better from him period.

To be fair to him he was far from the only one rowing the rudderless boat, peddles was poor, as was a few of the so called senior players, our youth was the reason we hung in there.

My point being - I think it's ok to point out a bloke had night he'd rather forget, he cost us a few times tonight no arguments there from me.
But he's saved our bacon more times than he's cost us this season and in the past.

I completely want to unload on Sidebottom for that lazy, lairising shit he does a couple of times every week, a glaringly obvious one that cost us at a crucial time tonight is nice and fresh in the mind, but to be fair he does more good than bad......

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:28 pm

Donny wrote:
Grundy had plenty of it but, again, one of our worst for D/E % (56.5).

Yeah but almost every single possession he gets he is surrounded by 8 players. Although only 11 of his touches were supposedly contested.... hmmmm.... much to ponder.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9   

Jump to: