Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

List management - who comes, who goes and who stays?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Delist Scharenberg so we can get over him being great white hope.

Let's Delist Treloar as he can't Kick Rolling Eyes

I'm with you, DTM. Very good call.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:48 pm

stui magpie wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
roar wrote:
Swan's gone, Trav's salary gets slashed next year, and Aish and Howe are on not much.

The only way Essendope have more space than us is if they come to an agreement to give him a huge compensation payout, which allows them to pay him less as a salary.

I think our salary cap is just about reached and players like De Goey, Moore, Smoth and Maynard will have to be paid more as they get better. Essendon have already cleared out several senior players, so I would assume they have heaps of space in their salary cap. Hurley has already stated he wants to stay at Essendon next year. Can't see us getting him. We need to go for a player not on huge money such as Sam Reid at Sydney, who is more likely wanting to come and play for Collingwood. Then hope we can do a deal with Sydney who we don't have a good trading record with. If Swan retires at the end of the year that will that will clear some of our salary space. Also reducing Cloke's contract into next year as you state will save some money.

You're right we don't have a good record. They once traded us a player who retired before he started with us. Confused

Who was that?

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:53 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Delist Scharenberg so we can get over him being great white hope.

Let's Delist Treloar as he can't Kick Rolling Eyes

I'm with you, DTM. Very good call.

It would be a bold move...would certainly send a strong message to the playing group....I think the idea has..

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:02 pm

... We need to go for a player not on huge money such as Sam Reid at Sydney, who is more likely wanting to come and play for Collingwood. Then hope we can do a deal with Sydney who we don't have a good trading record with...

News to me on Sam Reid - any urls to validate, or heresay?

And it could be argued that we have a solid trading relationship with Sydney.
I'm sure we posted all the Collingwood-Sydney trades done since the 90s in a similar thread some months back? I'm pretty sure it washed out as win-win.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:39 pm

piedys wrote:
... We need to go for a player not on huge money such as Sam Reid at Sydney, who is more likely wanting to come and play for Collingwood. Then hope we can do a deal with Sydney who we don't have a good trading record with...

I'm sure we posted all the Collingwood-Sydney trades done since the 90s in a similar thread some months back? I'm pretty sure it washed out as win-win.

Dyso, the HUN reported about a week ago that the Pies are interested in Sam Reid, believing that they can get his body right, as they have with his brother. I reckon he's exactly the type of player we need....plus a couple of youngsters in Daicos and Brown to scout the packs in our goal square.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:52 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
piedys wrote:

Dyso, the HUN reported about a week ago that the Pies are interested in Sam Reid, believing that they can get his body right, as they have with his brother.
I reckon he's exactly the type of player we need....plus a couple of youngsters in Daicos and Brown to scout the packs in our goal square.

Brucey, I can't see what currency we have to trade for him come seasons end? I doubt they'll just hand him over to us...
And if the club can't get his body right, we will NEVER hear the end of it!

And surely Daicos and Brown could expect to spend the majority of 2017 in the VFL, unless there is another player exodus in the trade period?

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:04 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
roar wrote:
Swan's gone, Trav's salary gets slashed next year, and Aish and Howe are on not much.

The only way Essendope have more space than us is if they come to an agreement to give him a huge compensation payout, which allows them to pay him less as a salary.

I think our salary cap is just about reached and players like De Goey, Moore, Smoth and Maynard will have to be paid more as they get better. Essendon have already cleared out several senior players, so I would assume they have heaps of space in their salary cap. Hurley has already stated he wants to stay at Essendon next year. Can't see us getting him. We need to go for a player not on huge money such as Sam Reid at Sydney, who is more likely wanting to come and play for Collingwood. Then hope we can do a deal with Sydney who we don't have a good trading record with. If Swan retires at the end of the year that will that will clear some of our salary space. Also reducing Cloke's contract into next year as you state will save some money.

You're right we don't have a good record. They once traded us a player who retired before he started with us. Confused

Who was that?

My memory says Mark Kinnear

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:07 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Kinnear
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:13 pm

What an arseh*le

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:31 pm

I'm basing this on Swan retiring and Cloke being on half his reported salary of $800k (we will have approx. 1 million to spend just there alone)

Add delisting of Toovey, MacCaffer, Gault (maybe another adds another $500k all up)

Throw half of that at Hurley.

Daicos & Brown will only cost points (I'm unsure how this works yet)

Trade Oxley & Goodyear (to SA club) and hopefully get two second/third round picks)

We will have Keeffe & Thomas on minimum chips and upgrade from the rookie list

Unsure what to do with Brown, Frost, Goldsack - I'd keep the last two.

Blair, White, Witts will be retained but if we are to move forward, these guys should be played sparingly.

The emergence of Scharenberg & Ramsey should push guys like Maynard & Williams out and the return of Elliott will be Blairs demise.

Other guys that may spend a lot of time in the VFL next year should be Crocker & Phillips (a long way of at the moment)

Smith may keep his spot depending on Thomas condition.

We have a lot to look forward to, just a matter of getting continuity (there ya go Bucks!)
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:48 pm

Goners
Gault
Golds
Witts
Cloke
Oxley
Goodyear

I would trade or move along
Williams: aggressive but lacks poise and skill. Undisciplined.
Broomhead: over rated and injury prone
Sinclair: injury prone and now concussion issues. Should probably retire.
Toovey: Best is past, but he is not expensive so may survive. Very doubtful.
Josh Thomas: was probably not up to it anyway before he threw it all away.
Goldsack: great servant. Perhaps retain for VFL or mentoring role.

Retain
Maccaffer - after 2 knee recos I reckon he deserves another year in some capacity
Keeffe - must be kept. We've shown the faith, now it's his turn to give something back for that.
Marsh - line ball this one. We've taken a forward and tried to make a back man out of him. Friday convinced me that Williams, Marsh and Brown can't play in the same back six.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:58 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
Goners
Gault
Golds
Witts
Cloke
Oxley
Goodyear

I would trade or move along
Williams: aggressive but lacks poise and skill. Undisciplined.
Broomhead: over rated and injury prone
Sinclair: injury prone and now concussion issues. Should probably retire.
Toovey: Best is past, but he is not expensive so may survive. Very doubtful.
Josh Thomas: was probably not up to it anyway before he threw it all away.
Goldsack: great servant. Perhaps retain for VFL or mentoring role.

Retain
Maccaffer - after 2 knee recos I reckon he deserves another year in some capacity
Keeffe - must be kept. We've shown the faith, now it's his turn to give something back for that.
Marsh - line ball this one. We've taken a forward and tried to make a back man out of him. Friday convinced me that Williams, Marsh and Brown can't play in the same back six.

I would not get Rid of Oxley. We need good ball users.

Caff is Gone. Offers not much at AFL Level and the Speed he had has been taken away from the 2 ACL's

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:03 pm

Maybe you should ask someone older.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:26 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
roar wrote:

Who was that?

My memory says Mark Kinnear

Friggin typical. Swans got a player that won their best and fairest in his first year and we get a player who retires. Luckily we also got pick 34, which we used on Leon Davis.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:26 pm

inxs88 wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Kinnear

Good memory. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: