Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

List management - who comes, who goes and who stays?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roar 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be right, but I don't want Sam Reid. Nursing one Reid is enough.

And definitely no to Daw.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:31 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
roar wrote:
Swan's gone, Trav's salary gets slashed next year, and Aish and Howe are on not much.

The only way Essendope have more space than us is if they come to an agreement to give him a huge compensation payout, which allows them to pay him less as a salary.

I think our salary cap is just about reached and players like De Goey, Moore, Smoth and Maynard will have to be paid more as they get better. Essendon have already cleared out several senior players, so I would assume they have heaps of space in their salary cap. Hurley has already stated he wants to stay at Essendon next year. Can't see us getting him. We need to go for a player not on huge money such as Sam Reid at Sydney, who is more likely wanting to come and play for Collingwood. Then hope we can do a deal with Sydney who we don't have a good trading record with. If Swan retires at the end of the year that will that will clear some of our salary space. Also reducing Cloke's contract into next year as you state will save some money.

You're right we don't have a good record. They once traded us a player who retired before he started with us. Confused

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:49 pm

no idea why marley's name came up in this thread.
someone must just have a personal issue with him unrelated to his game.

goldsack is an interesting one because hes pretty versatile. Do we have a replacement for that on the list?

Howe i dont think could cover a key forward for half a game if a key defender went down.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:36 pm

woodys_world69 wrote:
no idea why marley's name came up in this thread.
someone must just have a personal issue with him unrelated to his game.

goldsack is an interesting one because hes pretty versatile. Do we have a replacement for that on the list?

Howe i dont think could cover a key forward for half a game if a key defender went down.

marsh is the closest we've got to Goldsack physically. tall and quick and could play either end but he can't bring the manic attack on the player that Sack is renowned for.

Howe down back has been great but he will move forward to a wing high half forward when we can settle a back 6.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:55 pm

Daicos #42 taken ahead of Brown #54 in AFL Draft Central phantom draft.
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:37 pm

..." Then hope we can do a deal with Sydney who we don't have a good trading record with. "

I think we have a very good trading record with them. Rocca, Licuria, White, Orchard, Butcher, Davis, Ryan, Lehman, Jolly, Shaw, Armstrong, Hawke, Brereton, Russell, Williams, Schauble........ Rich history there.

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:59 am
Post subject: Hurley to the backlineReply with quote

Having traded away our first pick in this year's national draft as part of the Treloar deal (well justified in my opinion) we have no bargaining power to chase someone like O'Meara or Prestia.

Michael Hurley from Essendon is a different scenario. He's a free agent. We could probably get him if we offered him enough dollars. I'm not sure about our salary cap situation, but we should make all efforts to get him. Apparently Richmond is way into him.

Imagine a backline with Ben Reid and Michael Hurley! Now there's a foundation for future success!!!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:18 am

As my local Lebanese food vendor says when I order take aways: "..and why not?..

+1 reckon it would go down very well; that and another Leon Davis / Brad Dick type of small 'electric' forward.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:28 am
Post subject: Re: Hurley to the backlineReply with quote

Harrysz wrote:
Having traded away our first pick in this year's national draft as part of the Treloar deal (well justified in my opinion) we have no bargaining power to chase someone like O'Meara or Prestia.

Michael Hurley from Essendon is a different scenario. He's a free agent. We could probably get him if we offered him enough dollars. I'm not sure about our salary cap situation, but we should make all efforts to get him. Apparently Richmond is way into him.

Imagine a backline with Ben Reid and Michael Hurley! Now there's a foundation for future success!!!

How is he a free agent? He has a contract with Essendon for the 2017 season. There's only media speculation that he might want to break his contract to join another club. If that was the case there would be a number of other clubs lining up to get his signature before us. And if Hurley was really wanting to change clubs I don't think he would be overseas at the moment having such a good time.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:58 am

Harrysz wrote:

How is he a free agent? He has a contract with Essendon for the 2017 season. There's only media speculation that he might want to break his contract to join another club. If that was the case there would be a number of other clubs lining up to get his signature before us. And if Hurley was really wanting to change clubs I don't think he would be overseas at the moment having such a good time.

Can get his contract annulled which puts him on the same footing as a delisted free agent is my understanding of things but either way it's a long bow to draw any conclusions about his intentions for 2017 from the fact he's travelling OS
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:38 pm

jackcass wrote:
Harrysz wrote:

Can get his contract annulled which puts him on the same footing as a delisted free agent is my understanding of things but either way it's a long bow to draw any conclusions about his intentions for 2017 from the fact he's travelling OS

Normally I wouldn't give it much credence but when I hear that he's travelling with a bunch of fellow suspended Essendon players, none of whom have given any indication that they are leaving, it tells me that he has no intention of leaving Essendon. All this is reinforced by Richmond supporters boasting that they intend landing Hurley next year. The only players they land are washed up, overweight and overrated players like Yarran.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:27 pm

jackcass wrote:
Harrysz wrote:

Normally I wouldn't give it much credence but when I hear that he's travelling with a bunch of fellow suspended Essendon players, none of whom have given any indication that they are leaving, it tells me that he has no intention of leaving Essendon. All this is reinforced by Richmond supporters boasting that they intend landing Hurley next year. The only players they land are washed up, overweight and overrated players like Yarran.

Or he's traveling with fellow suspended Bombers because all his other mates are otherwise occupied... you know, playing footy.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:13 pm

Ralphy reporting White will re-sign for next year, Blair likely despite WCE interest and Brown likely.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:53 pm

I raised it for consideration last year, but I am now officially in the shop Cloke camp. If we can get value for him (on reduced 2017 contract) then take it and run.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:14 am

These players should be gonski:

Cloke
Witts
Goldsack
Toovey
Oxley
Blair
Williams
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8   

Jump to: