Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

List management - who comes, who goes and who stays?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole concept of selecting trade bait from those people think we can do without is flawed.

Basically everyone is tradable, for the right price.

As far as our shopping list, I'd really like to get a young, mobile key forward. We've got big blokes and munchkins, I'd like someone in the middle.

Another Jessie White (physically) or even some of the non traditional key forwards, the 190-193cm guy who can play as a medium tall forward option.

An example would be Mason Wood at Norf.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:28 pm

stui magpie wrote:
The whole concept of selecting trade bait from those people think we can do without is flawed.

As far as our shopping list, I'd really like to get a young, mobile key forward. We've got big blokes and munchkins, I'd like someone in the middle.

Another Jessie White (physically) or even some of the non traditional key forwards, the 190-193cm guy who can play as a medium tall forward option.

I think what has been lacking up forward this season is Elliott (missed season) and Fasolo (missed 5 games and injured in a sixth) - mediums who can mark overhead and play "taller" than they are.

The person you describe above could well be Jeremy Howe if he can be spared from defence - which may happen if Marsh, Keeffe and/or Scharenberg come through in that defensive role.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:42 pm

I'd happily put Howe back up forward once we have other options down back, but he plays a different role. He'd be high half forward/wing.

Think Gunston or Darling.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:50 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I'd happily put Howe back up forward once we have other options down back, but he plays a different role. He'd be high half forward/wing.

Well Caro is writing that she can't see Mitch Clark at Geelong next year ...

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:00 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
I'd like to see Macaffer get a run of 4-5 games in the seniors. That will tell us if still has career going into next season.
Goodyear deserves another year before we give up on him. We don't want him to turn into another Ceglar.
Definitely should keep Witts unless we get a first rounder draft pick.
I think we have too many half back flankers. Oxley and Langdon should have good currency to do trades. I would retire Toovey. We need more tall timber in the forward line and back line.

If you keep Goodyear you have to move someone else to make the minimum 3 changes.

If you trade Witts we would need a replacement ruckman on the list in my view. If Grundy went down in round 1 it would be season over if Cox had to ruck essentially solo. Cox has needed a 3 week (so far) break after a only a few AFL games. I don't want Moore in there and White/Cloke/Keeffe aren't great ruck options.

No idea why you would want to trade Langdon. Kid will be a fixture for several years. Oxley is borderline 22 and could be moved, but I'm not sure why you would do it unless you could get an even better player onto the list.

Unless Langdon plays on the wing, how does he break into a backline that includes Williams, Brown, Marsh, Maynard, Howe, Sinclair, Frost, Ramsay and Scharenberg? Same can be said for Oxley. Better to cut our losses and secure through trades players we really need such as more small forwards and another tall defender or forward.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:05 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
I'd like to see Macaffer get a run of 4-5 games in the seniors. That will tell us if still has career going into next season.
Goodyear deserves another year before we give up on him. We don't want him to turn into another Ceglar.
Definitely should keep Witts unless we get a first rounder draft pick.
I think we have too many half back flankers. Oxley and Langdon should have good currency to do trades. I would retire Toovey. We need more tall timber in the forward line and back line.

If you keep Goodyear you have to move someone else to make the minimum 3 changes.

If you trade Witts we would need a replacement ruckman on the list in my view. If Grundy went down in round 1 it would be season over if Cox had to ruck essentially solo. Cox has needed a 3 week (so far) break after a only a few AFL games. I don't want Moore in there and White/Cloke/Keeffe aren't great ruck options.

No idea why you would want to trade Langdon. Kid will be a fixture for several years. Oxley is borderline 22 and could be moved, but I'm not sure why you would do it unless you could get an even better player onto the list.

Unless Langdon plays on the wing, how does he break into a backline that includes Williams, Brown, Marsh, Maynard, Howe, Sinclair, Frost, Ramsay and Scharenberg? Same can be said for Oxley. Better to cut our losses and secure through trades players we really need such as more small forwards and another tall defender or forward.

Same way the 38th player got a jumper this year.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:32 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Clark has underachieved at Brisbane, Melbourne and so far at Geelong.

Do not want.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:36 pm

stui magpie wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Clark has underachieved at Brisbane, Melbourne and so far at Geelong.

Do not want.

Well, we made him an offer previously which is why I mentioned him.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:56 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Great post.

slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:10 pm

Quality small forward ASAP.

Fasolo and Elliott are not crumbing forwards

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:36 am

stui magpie wrote:

Said the same way thing a while ago Stui everyone is tradable if the deal is right with the exception of the captain and a couple others.
Elliott and Fasalo aren't the answers yes they will playa vital role,but we need a true small crumber who can find himself front and centre at contests.
Personally I would be looking at a big body fullback as I think Brown's days are numbered he just seems a couple steps off the pace.
I wouldn't be in any rush to move Reid or Howe forward there like robbing Peter to pay Paul
Cloke & Moore are good starting points add in a Fasalo Elliott plus a real small forward and the basis is there. I wouldn't mind seeing us maybe try Keefe up forward he is athletic and a far better kick than White. We also have Cox Crocker Gault who can play forward and we need to develop some of our mids better to play as small forwards instead of resting on the pine all the time.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:43 am

Very frustrating watching last night's game with White and Cloke yet again hanging off the contest and ruining all the hard effort of the mids in getting the ball down to the forward line. Treloar, Pendlebury and Adams aren't long kicks. How are they expected to clear the outstretched arms of the Adelaide defenders, if Cloke and White aren't prepared to get infront of their man or present a lead? For this reason we need to look at fixing our forward line. White might yet succeed playing further up the field. He at least offered support for Grundy in the ruck. I'm starting to shift my opinion in Buckley's favour with his decision to drop Cloke, despite Cloke's stats last night which on the surface appear good. Moore will be ok. He needs time to build his body up to a point where he's not so easily pushed out of the contest. Cox will return to the side in the same forward/supporting ruck role that White performed last night. Fasolo returns to the side as the mobile forward we were missing last night. At some point Crocker will become a permanent fixture in the forward line as another mobile option. Then there is Broomhead to add to our forward line options and Elliot to return next year.
So really, we have the embryo of a forward line going forward, from our existing list, but we need to find a bit more by either trading, or drafting. Callum Brown can play forward and Josh Daicos could be that crumbing forward that we sadly lack. If Cloke and White go we need to replace them with another tall mobile forward or two. I would be having a close look at Sam Reid to join his brother at Collingwood. Then I would be scrutinising the draft to see whether a second draft pick will get us a good tall forward. I would also be putting a lot of work into Wyatt over the summer to fast track his development.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:25 am

Hopefully, they'll delist White. White is almost as old as Cloke, he's not even a quarter as good as Cloke and he's not getting to get any better at this late stage.

I struggle to see how Collingwood will be competitive going forward - Moore is the only KPP we've invested a serious draft pick in for a decade and it is starting to show. Cloke, Reid and Brown are all nearing the end and we have nobody on the list of their size and talent to take over. Unless the game can somehow be dominated by a game plan built around slow half-back flankers and an average midfield, we are in very serious trouble.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:53 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Hopefully, they'll delist White. White is almost as old as Cloke, he's not even a quarter as good as Cloke and he's not getting to get any better at this late stage.

I struggle to see how Collingwood will be competitive going forward - Moore is the only KPP we've invested a serious draft pick in for a decade and it is starting to show. Cloke, Reid and Brown are all nearing the end and we have nobody on the list of their size and talent to take over. Unless the game can somehow be dominated by a game plan built around slow half-back flankers and an average midfield, we are in very serious trouble.

This is how I see our midfield next year:
Pendles, Sidebottom, Greenwood the same
Swan- not as good
Crisp, De Goey, Aish, Treloar, Adams, Goodyear, Smith- all better
That's not an average midfield to me.
Marsh, Sinclair and Ramsay are not slow half back flankers.
I agree with your other points however. Might have been a different story if we had drafted McCarthy instead of Freeman and Tim O'Brien, Mason Wood or Mason Shaw instead of Kennedy (although Mason Shaw didn't turn out for Port Adelaide).
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:26 am

Very frustrating watching last night's game with White and Cloke yet again hanging off the contest and ruining all the hard effort of the mids in getting the ball down to the forward line. Treloar, Pendlebury and Adams aren't long kicks. How are they expected to clear the outstretched arms of the Adelaide defenders, if Cloke and White aren't prepared to get infront of their man or present a lead? For this reason we need to look at fixing our forward line. White might yet succeed playing further up the field. He at least offered support for Grundy in the ruck. I'm starting to shift my opinion in Buckley's favour with his decision to drop Cloke, despite Cloke's stats last night which on the surface appear good. Moore will be ok. He needs time to build his body up to a point where he's not so easily pushed out of the contest. Cox will return to the side in the same forward/supporting ruck role that White performed last night. Fasolo returns to the side as the mobile forward we were missing last night. At some point Crocker will become a permanent fixture in the forward line as another mobile option. Then there is Broomhead to add to our forward line options and Elliot to return next year.
So really, we have the embryo of a forward line going forward, from our existing list, but we need to find a bit more by either trading, or drafting. Callum Brown can play forward and Josh Daicos could be that crumbing forward that we sadly lack. If Cloke and White go we need to replace them with another tall mobile forward or two. I would be having a close look at Sam Reid to join his brother at Collingwood. Then I would be scrutinising the draft to see whether a second draft pick will get us a good tall forward. I would also be putting a lot of work into Wyatt over the summer to fast track his development.

I agree on all points.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8   

Jump to: