Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Wonderful news at training today

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
themonk 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
I just hope he turns out to be a good player. He hasn't impressed me in the few games he's played so far, but better judges than me seem to reckon he's got the makings of a gun player, so the odds are he will be great. Let's just hope he recovers successfully and has an injury free season in 2017.

WTF! impressed by skills and decision making, unfortunately his body may let him down.

Let's hope not.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:40 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Great news, and seeing we don't get a high draft pick next season, he will be virtually our top draft pick, as he has not played a single game yet, so hes like a brand new top recruit, which makes up for the Treloar deal.

Schaz played a handful of games in the seniors last year.

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:41 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
To those who say they haven't seen much to impress from his limited time on the park, go back and watch his game in the VFL elimination final last year...KILLED IT across half back/wing. Marked everything that came his way. If he stays fit, you'll be thinking of him in the same way as we do Reid now in defence.

Thankyou for mentioning that game. He played unbelievable footy in that first half. His reading of play and marking was extraordinary. It was so exciting. He was everywhere.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:19 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Great news, and seeing we don't get a high draft pick next season, he will be virtually our top draft pick, as he has not played a single game yet, so hes like a brand new top recruit, which makes up for the Treloar deal.

Really, I'm not doubting you, but I honestly cant recall any of them, you don't mean the VFL ?

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:22 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Really, I'm not doubting you, but I honestly cant recall any of them, you don't mean the VFL ?

He's right. Schaz played 3 or 4 senior games late in the season, after playing about a dozen in the VFL.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:30 pm

John Wren wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
Great news, iv'e been wondering how he's going, be nice if he could snag a VFL game or 2 this year.

it would be but highly improbable. i very much doubt we will see him playing in 2016.

Still plenty of the season to go, if he gets into full training within a few weeks there's no reason why he can't play a game or 2, it would build his confidence greatly going into next year if he does.

Hopfully he's used the down time to add a bit of bulk to his frame.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:36 pm

Bob Sugar wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
Great news, iv'e been wondering how he's going, be nice if he could snag a VFL game or 2 this year.

it would be but highly improbable. i very much doubt we will see him playing in 2016.

Still plenty of the season to go, if he gets into full training within a few weeks there's no reason why he can't play a game or 2, it would build his confidence greatly going into next year if he does.

Hopfully he's used the down time to add a bit of bulk to his frame.

unless things have changed considerably it would go against the program he has been given, afaik.

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:37 pm

Boogie Knights wrote:
Fantastic news! I know he was touted extremely highly in his draft year and only 'slipped' to us because of the feet issues. With his undoubted natural ability and understanding of the game and the mental toughness to endure and overcome these injuries, he really could be anything.

So we traded next years 1st round draft pick in the Treloar deal, but we get our 1st rounder back, fit and firing Shazza, along with 2 sons of guns... If there is any way we can snag Jonty as well it'll be a happy day!

That game sticks clearly in my mind, right then I thought with a clear run, this guy will be captain one day, an absolute jet.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:31 am

Great news and wonderful to hear that Scharenberg's recovery from a second knee injury is going well.

Can't wait to see him back on the field where he belongs in 2017.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: