Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Apex gang and living in fear

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Morrigu wrote:
Yes WPT I heard that on Faine this am as well - but I assure you the problem is greater than what is being reported - many many coming through ED and reporting to Vic Pol but not willing to " officially" report from fear of retribution, not seriously injured but traumatised with minor physical injury - you know that is not unusual.

Sorry but there is a race component to it in certain areas and where I work is one of those - but the race of the offenders is only one part of the problem it's not the only one - it never is!!

It's easy to say it's only a small increase in actual numbers but when that increase is concentrated in a few suburbs - then it is not a small increase and those communities have the right to be afraid - they don't need the media to tell them to be afraid !

That is a very good way to frame it - certain areas have a predominant concentration of "gangs" etc & race is an issue in those areas.

I work with the Police about 2 days a week & over the years now have been listening to their stories & hearing Police communications radio throughout my shifts in two police regions.

I suppose I was trying to refer (only) to the so called APEX gangs as every crime is being attributed to APEX gangs - even copy cat crimes these days.

While people in the areas you identified don't need the media to know about crime & fear in their areas unfortunately the media continue not to examine & explain but to amplify & dramatise.

The Police in Flemington lost a case where young black youth were being targeted & in many cases unfortunately the police either got it wrong or overstepped the mark in heavy handed ways. This has led to a situation where the African community are quick to use the word racism in relation to their kids treatment by the police. At the same time the police now have to uber cautious how the approach dealing with the kids & gangs & there are now examples of kids getting away with crime or charges having to be dropped unless things are done textbook perfect.

I'm also aware of gang standover tactics in Department of Housing Flats where they threaten vulnerable others to vacate their flats in certain areas.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:44 pm

Have a look at the Werribee police Facebook page. I rang my daughter from Mexico to tell her to check the back seat when she gets in her car after work (in point cook), to double check the doors at night, even though we live a couple of suburbs away. It's not just breaking into cars P4S, they are doing home invasions for the keys, attacking kids in the street in broad daylight for their phones etc. $$%^%%$ terrifying.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:40 pm

They touch my Countach, there'll be hell to pay.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:07 pm

Yeah those replicas are worth at least 10grand
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:28 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
They touch my Countach, there'll be hell to pay.

I had to google what a countach was Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:28 pm

think positive wrote:
Yeah those replicas are worth at least 10grand

Now that I know what a countach is...

Laughing Laughing

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:04 am

After rioting many offenders in Youth detention are now off to Adult prison. Whilst we are dispatching them from the school of crime to the university of crime; the offenders best get used to Adult prison as that is their destiny, unless deported.
No hope, no jobs means crime is easy money.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:17 pm

Culprit wrote:
After rioting many offenders in Youth detention are now off to Adult prison. Whilst we are dispatching them from the school of crime to the university of crime; the offenders best get used to Adult prison as that is their destiny, unless deported.

add no chances & correct weight.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:13 pm

Culprit wrote:

All the Bloody Hippies would complain how Deporting them would be Un-Human Rolling Eyes

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:23 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Culprit wrote:

All the Bloody Hippies would complain how Deporting them would be Un-Human Rolling Eyes

If they're Australian citizens DTM where would you deport them?

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:46 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Well it can be Revoked and They are not doing anything to try and fit into the Community then they don't deserve to live in Australia

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:11 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Everyone has a hope and a chance, not everyone has the will to fight adversity and make something of it.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:21 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Well it can be Revoked and They are not doing anything to try and fit into the Community then they don't deserve to live in Australia

I don't think it can be revoked & what if they're born in Australia?

It's not quite so simple DTM. Culprit's view that I highlighted is a fair way down the track to explain certain behaviours.

I wouldn't be blaming hippies as hippies aren't part of this issue.

It has zero do do with corporal punishment or the lack of it.

It has a lot to do with political expediency of pollies from both sides of politics.

Economic policies play a big part of shaping outcomes for people whether you're from North East Africa or from "the Pines" and youth unemployment, family poverty, lack of structure, lack of support to adapt to a new place are huge contributing factors but by no means the only factors in the mix.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:31 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Everyone has a hope and a chance, not everyone has the will to fight adversity and make something of it.

Not everyone is in the position to fight adversity. Your statement assumes we all start or have opportunity to have capacity to do so but the odds are stacked against you depending on a number of other factors as you know. (see my response to DTM above)

Exceptions do not explain the rule.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:44 pm

Saw your response to DTM, doesn't work for me but I'm not focusing on the recent migrants who have their own issues, but the wider problem.

No doubt some kids papers are basically stamped from birth, they got the shit end of the lottery, but they're a minority too.

Many can fight against the odds if they have the desire and will, many others fail despite having the cards stacked in their favour because they lack those qualities'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: