Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Apex gang and living in fear

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:26 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Police won't turn up report that shots were heard,

And Dave, sending them back to Sudan at the moment whilst the country is in civil war is against just about every UN charter written on refugees.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:14 am

Some bad youths have broken into a car and stolen a GPS. We'd better all carry semi-automatic weapons.

Here's a question. Why do you think they're in Gowanbrae?
Carro 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:53 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Some bad youths have broken into a car and stolen a GPS. We'd better all carry semi-automatic weapons.

When did I say anything about wanting us to have guns? Never would I want that in Australia.

They are in Gowanbrae as there are nice houses and many tradesman with lots of tools to steal. They looked no more than 15 and a few of them had baseball bats. My feeling is the police did not turn up as I mentioned they were African and even the police are afraid of being accused racist
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:06 pm

The only thing I have heard that makes any sense in tackling this crime is two extra (dedicated crime) police Helicopters with full capacity. Cost to run is around $9000 per hour. It's cheaper than an extra 500 police and they will be able to track these types of criminals very easily. You can employ more officers but they will just disappear in the system.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:24 pm

Carro wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

When did I say anything about wanting us to have guns? Never would I want that in Australia.

They are in Gowanbrae as there are nice houses and many tradesman with lots of tools to steal. They looked no more than 15 and a few of them had baseball bats. My feeling is the police did not turn up as I mentioned they were African and even the police are afraid of being accused racist

You didn't say anything about wanting Australians to have guns. That part of my post was for Wokko.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:30 pm

Culprit wrote:
The only thing I have heard that makes any sense in tackling this crime is two extra (dedicated crime) police Helicopters with full capacity. Cost to run is around $9000 per hour. It's cheaper than an extra 500 police and they will be able to track these types of criminals very easily. You can employ more officers but they will just disappear in the system.

According to media reports I've read (from late May), there is a special taskforce (operation Cosmas) working on the issues of aggravated burglary and car-hacking and at least 75 arrests have been made.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:59 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Culprit wrote:

According to media reports I've read (from late May), there is a special taskforce (operation Cosmas) working on the issues of aggravated burglary and car-hacking and at least 75 arrests have been made.

The acting police commissioner Mr Geta Grip was interviewed about the same thing this morning on 774 radio.

1. Perspective & reality check: there is a tiny group of people doing this currently, that is, tiny - hardly a blip on the crime scene & crime figures.
2. Of those committing the so called APEX crimes not all are APEX
3. There have been about 75 arrests in the recent period with a higher than usual not for bail outcome when being processed at police behest.
4. The issue is not Sudanese per se: race is not a significant variable here
5. The media invariably play an amplification role - play on people's fears & like lawyers highlight certain facts while emphasising others.

I also drive at nights when doing night shift & pass through King street. I lock my doors because of concern about drunk out of control white males mostly & in my mind this serves to prevent any unwelcome opening of doors in slowed if not stationary traffic.

More chance of being shot by some crazy white lunatic in the country with a gun than the so called APEX gangs

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:43 pm

Dangerous place, King St. Full of white people.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:44 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Culprit wrote:

The acting police commissioner Mr Geta Grip was interviewed about the same thing this morning on 774 radio.

1. Perspective & reality check: there is a tiny group of people doing this currently, that is, tiny - hardly a blip on the crime scene & crime figures.
2. Of those committing the so called APEX crimes not all are APEX
3. There have been about 75 arrests in the recent period with a higher than usual not for bail outcome when being processed at police behest.
4. The issue is not Sudanese per se: race is not a significant variable here
5. The media invariably play an amplification role - play on people's fears & like lawyers highlight certain facts while emphasising others.

I also drive at nights when doing night shift & pass through King street. I lock my doors because of concern about drunk out of control white males mostly & in my mind this serves to prevent any unwelcome opening of doors in slowed if not stationary traffic.

More chance of being shot by some crazy white lunatic in the country with a gun than the so called APEX gangs
The media love pushing fear and are in a frenzy. If you go per incident per population it is pretty low. I drive down Toorak road at 4am and my doors are locked because of drunks as well. The police choppers avoid police chases. 14 year olds driving high powered motor cars at 200kmh is death waiting to happen. A high tech helicopter can follow the perps all the way to the hiding holes. Throw in it's no good arresting them if the courts release them straight away,
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:47 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
How much.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:29 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Don't be so smug - I doubt many families are in King St late at night when the boozed or drugged up thugs are out and about - just at home either watching the idiot box or asleep and increasingly their homes are being violently invaded and robbed!!

"While we cannot deny these crimes have increased, the number of these incident is still relatively small," Assistant Commissioner Fontana said.

Yes nothing to worry about unless it's your house invaded or family terrorised or your car they want of course!

Whether they belong to some wankfest gang or are white or black or yellow or pink is irrelevant - there is an increasing problem with these sort of crimes!

Not in your suburb perhaps??

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:51 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

haven't been in the Mens gallery or Goldfingers lately?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:32 am

Morrigu wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Don't be so smug - I doubt many families are in King St late at night when the boozed or drugged up thugs are out and about - just at home either watching the idiot box or asleep and increasingly their homes are being violently invaded and robbed!!

"While we cannot deny these crimes have increased, the number of these incident is still relatively small," Assistant Commissioner Fontana said.

Yes nothing to worry about unless it's your house invaded or family terrorised or your car they want of course!

Whether they belong to some wankfest gang or are white or black or yellow or pink is irrelevant - there is an increasing problem with these sort of crimes!

Not in your suburb perhaps??

I think your being unfair on P4S here M.

He was as you know making a reference to the OP & others who see this as a race issue. He like me does not minimize the impact on this crime on people / victims of crime especially the callous brazenness of it but rather give it a context & frame.

Your quote from the assistant commissioner was on the money: growing crime but very small in terms of crimes committed and as we know they've been arresting people left, right & centre through the operation identified in P4S earlier post.

I was listening to this on Jon Faine this morning at about 9.10 am when he had an acting commissioner talk to this & take questions from the public.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:35 am

stui magpie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

haven't been in the Mens gallery or Goldfingers lately?

Never been in one.

However as you know I did visit a brothel as part of my work with the police a while ago "research" Wink

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:44 am

Yes WPT I heard that on Faine this am as well - but I assure you the problem is greater than what is being reported - many many coming through ED and reporting to Vic Pol but not willing to " officially" report from fear of retribution, not seriously injured but traumatised with minor physical injury - you know that is not unusual.

Sorry but there is a race component to it in certain areas and where I work is one of those - but the race of the offenders is only one part of the problem it's not the only one - it never is!!

It's easy to say it's only a small increase in actual numbers but when that increase is concentrated in a few suburbs - then it is not a small increase and those communities have the right to be afraid - they don't need the media to tell them to be afraid !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7   

Jump to: