Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Apex gang and living in fear

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carro 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:09 pm
Post subject: Apex gang and living in fearReply with quote

Day after day we are hearing of a new home invasion or car jacking by violent Sudanese youths.

I am currently living in fear in my suburb of Gowanbrae. I spotted a group of ten across the road from my house yesterday who were rummaging through a vehicle. I called the police and received no response as to whether they investigated and the only advice I can get is to remain vigilante.
This is a huge problem and many are living in fear and cannot sleep at night.

Lock your doors when driving people and watch your back. Let them take what they want and look after yourself and your family.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

From my friend at Vic Pol. They are mostly targeting people who are perceived as wealthy and also who are Asian and Indian and who drive BMW's, Mercedes, Audi's. That's not to say you could be a target but it's the Grand Theft Auto mentality. If you drive a an average car and live in an average house and you don not look wealthy then you are less likely to be targeted.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:27 pm

And people want to let more of them in.... mind boggling.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:37 pm

When I was working shift work many years ago I started driving with my car doors locked all the time - strange bods seemed to be out and about when I needed to get to work.

And that habit I have kept - but last week going to do a night duty in service I actually drove through a red light as I was genuinely frightened by a group of 6 who were headed towards us couple of cars stopped at the lights at some speed - and I don't frighten easily! Nor do I drive a fancy expensive car!

It is scary Sad

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:21 pm

Skids wrote:

Yep. After the Total Dis-Respect these Youth Show.

Meaning that why should we let these Sudanese in IF they just spitting in the Face of the Country.

All APEX Gang Members should be send back to Sudan

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:25 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Skids wrote:

Meaning that why should we let these Sudanese in IF they just spitting in the Face of the Country.

What about the ones who aren't Sudanese? Shocked

Carro 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:26 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Skids wrote:

Agree dave they are absolute scum and are terrorising our suburbs
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:34 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Skids wrote:

Dave many are born here so that is not an answer - but significant work needs to be undertaken with the community to stop this behaviour and the courts need to impose reasonable and just sentences - there has to be a deterrent competent of any punishment. For many African communities there is not a lot of regard for laws or faith in Police as they are on the whole fairly corrupt in Africa.

There is also an issue as they have learned to play " you are a racist" card - one brother was a cop and another is a prison officer - this is a major problem!

Mountains Magpie 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:00 pm

Soooo glad I moved away from the big smoke around the turn of the century.

Stay safe folks.

MM

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:13 pm

There's only one answer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

In the absence of that, the best weapon you can hope to use in this country is a spear and some kind of shield and keep them baled up in a hallway. A knife is a terrible weapon, if you MUST improvise then something that allows you to keep at range and is difficult to take from you.

Police are minutes away when seconds count. Have a plan, whether it's fight, barricade or run and be ready to implement it.

I'm just glad I live in Ballarat where my car is highly likely to be stolen from a driveway, but violent home invasion isn't really an issue. I feel genuinely sorry for people living in the social engineering experiment of outer Melbourne. All the "Free the refugees" people tend to live in White inner city or upper middle class suburbs and would rather call you all racist over their soy decaf lattes than go and spend an evening riding the Cranbourne/Pakenham line (Or heaven forbid, out west).
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:52 pm

^^^ it's just lucky for all of us that there have never been any bad white people. Ever.
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:11 am

Wokko wrote:
I feel genuinely sorry for people living in the social engineering experiment of outer Melbourne. All the "Free the refugees" people tend to live in White inner city or upper middle class suburbs and would rather call you all racist over their soy decaf lattes than go and spend an evening riding the Cranbourne/Pakenham line (Or heaven forbid, out west).

What? Like where they have to live?
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:15 am

I don't want a gun - I'm frightened of guns - there are better ways IMHO
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:47 am
Post subject: Re: Apex gang and living in fearReply with quote

Carro wrote:
Day after day we are hearing of a new home invasion or car jacking by violent Sudanese youths.

I am currently living in fear in my suburb of Gowanbrae. I spotted a group of ten across the road from my house yesterday who were rummaging through a vehicle. I called the police and received no response as to whether they investigated and the only advice I can get is to remain vigilante.
This is a huge problem and many are living in fear and cannot sleep at night.

Lock your doors when driving people and watch your back. Let them take what they want and look after yourself and your family.

None of us want our vehicles broken into, but if that's the worst that you've experienced it's not exactly the Spanish Inquisition, is it?

I don't want to in any way diminish the problems of gang criminal activity, and that this can sometimes be a heightened problem with first or second generation immigrant communities. I also take the point that those of us who live close to the city may be less confronted by the stuff that people in far-flung suburbs are exposed to. But this isn't just about a very small minority of Sudanese men (the vast majority of whom are honest citizens who have no interest in joining a criminal gang), let us remember social dysfunction happens wherever there is poverty and disconnection, and it doesn't discriminate according to ethnicity or national background. Playing the anti-immigration card is the easy way out. If you're genuinely concerned about this sort of stuff, stop talking about kicking 'them' out and start talking about how to work with communities to reduce juvenile delinquency and provide alternative pathways.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:56 am

Morrigu wrote:
I don't want a gun - I'm frightened of guns - there are better ways IMHO

and Don't want to be like the US. Where everyone has a Gun and they say it's for self defense

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7   

Jump to: