Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match: Pies v. Crows - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

This game will be won or lost at the stoppages. The Crows are clearance beasts and have decent outside run and use ball better than average.
If Grundy can back up last weeks effort and our mids can give us equal usage going forward we can put there defenders under the pump
Betts is a hard match up as he goes running up the ground on the opposite flank to Walker and when they switch to Walker he doubles back towards Jenkins at a rate of knots. This is where they kill you. They've kicked 64 goals from 15m or less and 62 goals from 15-30m and 32 from outside 50. They get you on the fast switch and quick movement behind the ball from the forwards.
Marsh would nearly have to play on Walker as he has the pace. Brown gets Jenkins deep, Reid gets Lynch, Howe gets Cameron and I would throw Varcoe to Betts as he has the pace and smarts to go with him and can hurt him going the other way.
Yes we may give up some attacking offence with Varcoe back but we can't afford to be giving up soft goals.
Cloke has to play deep with Moore, White & Faz all opening up space in front of Cloke to run and jump into.
I said it a few weeks ago I would play Sidey forward he can kick goals is actually quite smart around the ball and could be a good foil for Cloke or the talls at the drop of the ball. Caff stays and plays the hard defensive forward role.
I wouldn't try to tag anyone this week. Make them accountable for sure but let's back our mids to beat there's and see what they want to do.
Both the Couch's can be iffy under the pump so tackle pressure around the ground is a must.
If we do go the tag then I would tag Sloane as he's been on fire. But whoever does it must be hard running all day like he will be
Play like we did for those last 3/4 qtrs last week and we can win
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:14 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
This game will be won or lost at the stoppages. The Crows are clearance beasts and have decent outside run and use ball better than average.
If Grundy can back up last weeks effort and our mids can give us equal usage going forward we can put there defenders under the pump
Betts is a hard match up as he goes running up the ground on the opposite flank to Walker and when they switch to Walker he doubles back towards Jenkins at a rate of knots. This is where they kill you. They've kicked 64 goals from 15m or less and 62 goals from 15-30m and 32 from outside 50. They get you on the fast switch and quick movement behind the ball from the forwards.
Marsh would nearly have to play on Walker as he has the pace. Brown gets Jenkins deep, Reid gets Lynch, Howe gets Cameron and I would throw Varcoe to Betts as he has the pace and smarts to go with him and can hurt him going the other way.
Yes we may give up some attacking offence with Varcoe back but we can't afford to be giving up soft goals.
Cloke has to play deep with Moore, White & Faz all opening up space in front of Cloke to run and jump into.
I said it a few weeks ago I would play Sidey forward he can kick goals is actually quite smart around the ball and could be a good foil for Cloke or the talls at the drop of the ball. Caff stays and plays the hard defensive forward role.
I wouldn't try to tag anyone this week. Make them accountable for sure but let's back our mids to beat there's and see what they want to do.
Both the Couch's can be iffy under the pump so tackle pressure around the ground is a must.
If we do go the tag then I would tag Sloane as he's been on fire. But whoever does it must be hard running all day like he will be
Play like we did for those last 3/4 qtrs last week and we can win

VGP
I think we can win too, but I like Howe on Walker.
Maybe start with Marsh to throw out the opposition box.
Walker stops and props a lot and plays high.
Howe can hurt him.

Is Greenwood available?
If so he is perfect for Sloane.
Don't let him get outside and do A physical job on him.
Your Crouchys and your Thompsons don't hurt u typically on the outside by foot.

Betts is a problem, covers a heap of ground.
Sinclair needs a job and is hopeless in the air so I'd be going with him as the main run with for Eddie and play Varcoe as the quarter back/last man type racing back.
Lynch is a huge problem - super tank and a great kick.
Maybe Browny has a rest - can't see a matchup as they don't really play a deep key forward. Goldy enjoys Adelaide, could be the man to help Maynard with the Lynch/McGovern/Jenkins threats in the air. Like Reid for Jenkins, as I don't rate Jenkins that highly reading it one on one which is Reidy's strength, Jenkins is most dangerous because he is smart and gets out the back.

Talia is a gun and a morale for AA FB, don't go in the air to his man.
Laird reads it beautifully and is a dangerous interceptor, needs to be physically attacked. Lever is dodgy with his disposal so let him receive the chip kicks and play close attention to Smith and Atkins when defending their rebounds.

Gonna be a great game but I think we might come out snarling and an early blitz may be on the cards ala Geelong.

In: Greenwood and Goldsack
Out: Brown and ??

Last edited by CarringbushCigar on Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:20 pm

Sounds like Fasolo would get up which sucks so do we go with Broomhead, Goldsack , Wills, Williams?

www.facebook/the hybernators
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:05 pm

No coincidence that Fasolo barely played the last quarter last week ... and we barely managed a goal. Not looking good from a scoring perspective this week, particularly considering Adelaide average 100+ this year. We're going to need to find 15 goals this weekend ... can't see it happening. Hoping though.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:22 pm

Looks like Fasolo out and Greenwood in, with Macaffer taking Fasolo's place at half forward. Crocker, Broomhead and Phillips unlucky to miss out and Cox playing VFL this weekend.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:28 pm

In: Greenwood Williams Broomhead

Out: Caff Fasolo De Goey

themonk 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:22 pm

Out: Fasolo (that really hurts us)
In: Greenwood

I'd play deGoey in the Faz role
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:26 pm

COLLINGWOOD

IN: Levi Greenwood
OUT: Alex Fasolo (shoulder)

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:42 pm

It may be worth mentioning that Goldsack, Witts and Williams are the emergencies.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:43 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
It may be worth mentioning that Goldsack, Witts and Williams are the emergencies.

Doubt Either them Play.

Might seem them at Franga on Sunday Arvo

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:52 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Doubt Either them Play.

Might seem them at Franga on Sunday Arvo

That may be, DTM - but in effect, the Club has named 4 players who might get a game and not mentioning the emergencies leaves out 3 of the 4 named players. I'm not suggesting that any of them will play and I don't have a view on the matter but there were quite a few people suggesting that Williams might get Betts - and that is still something of a possibility, at least, because Williams is named as an emergency.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:07 pm

With Greenwood replacing Fas as the only change, I'd like to see Bucks play Sidey up forward for the whole game. We need small/mid forward with real class and Sidey fits the bill.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:10 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
With Greenwood replacing Fas as the only change, I'd like to see Bucks play Sidey up forward for the whole game. We need small/mid forward with real class and Sidey fits the bill.

Could and that Allow Aish to play in a Postion he is Best Suited Too

roar 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:04 pm

Good point, Dave. It's not a crazy idea.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:09 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Could and that Allow Aish to play in a Postion he is Best Suited Too

...and what position is that Dave? I'm yet to see him play a single good game yet. He's doing just enough to hold his spot atm.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9   

Jump to: