Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match: Pies v. Crows - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it can be tought.
Millane42 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:07 pm

Out Caff, Fas (inj)
In Greenwood, Broomy

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:27 pm

Caff was a good matchup for Shaw, kept him to 20 pretty ineffective disposals and a lot of those he got playing on from a kick in, but who does Caff go to in the Crows defense? Cheney perhaps? But he's hardly a play maker in the Shaw mould? Not sure he's got the pace for Smith or Laird. Are we not better off bringing in a Williams to give us coverage for Betts or Cameron, or Greenwood to go to Sloan or Thompson? For mine, assuming Fas is okay I think it'll be

Out: Macaffer
IN: Greenwood, Williams, Broomhead, Goldsack/Wills (to acknowledge his good form rather than as a potential inclusion).

Aish vulnerable but I think they'll persist with him. Moore the next most vulnerable but we don't have anyone as a like for like unless they want to go with Cox.

As an aside:

OUT: moulded sole boots
IN: long stops
mattys123 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:18 pm

Fasolo to be tested later in the week according to Balmey, so he may still play.

Cox and Greenwood come back into contention too, although it's hard to see how both get back in.
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:43 pm

Oh forget it guys. I see Scott Thompson is playing his 300th... on his home turf. No chance. Just be competitive!
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:02 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
We are playing in looney tunes land, their ferals will be going apeshit, and its a big, big ask for us...

Is it just me, or have the Cows and Ports feral brain-dead supporters become even more vocal and <snip> since the move from Moron Park to AO?

Would love to see a 2003-type goal after the siren win to break the f*ckers.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:08 am

piedys wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
We are playing in looney tunes land, their ferals will be going apeshit, and its a big, big ask for us...

Is it just me, or have the Cows and Ports feral brain-dead supporters become even more vocal and <snip> since the move from Moron Park to AO?

Riiight in frunna meeee................

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:08 am

Mugwump wrote:
piedys wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

think better 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:23 am

Jezza wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
piedys wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ah the gift that keeps on giving.

Having been to Adelaide Oval a few times two things stand out
1. It is probably the best stadium in Australia for the fan experience. Easy to get in an out of (great transport access), aways seem to get a great view no matter where you sit (I've been right up in the top of the southern stand and felt like it was still good view) and great atmosphere
2. the crowd always seems louder than it should. I reckon the design of the canopies holds the sound in and adds to the overall volume. A 25000 crowd sounds like 500000

BTW I reckon the Pies can win if they shut down Rory Sloane (Greenwood or Mc Affer perhaps get him) and can defend against Jenkins, Walker and Betts

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:40 am

In the VFL, Witts had 49 hit outs and 12 disposals, Wills had 23 disposals (2 goals), Williams had 25, Oxley 24, Broomhead 21 (1 goal), Goodyear 22, Toovey 19, Goldie 16, Frost 14 (12 handballs), Gault 11 (1 goal) and Crocker 7.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:08 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
In the VFL, Witts had 49 hit outs and 12 disposals, Wills had 23 disposals (2 goals), Williams had 25, Oxley 24, Broomhead 21 (1 goal), Goodyear 22, Toovey 19, Goldie 16, Frost 14 (12 handballs), Gault 11 (1 goal) and Crocker 7.

Cheers P4S was following Magpiebat reports during the game and we seemed to have played well again
Seen Wills didn't get his 37 touches kick 1-3 he doesn't get the captaincy this week but can we consider bringing in Frost on the back of his 2 kicks for Sidey ??😂
Pleasing for me is the guys who you would hope be pushing for a senior game Witts Williams Oxley Broomy Goodyear Toovey Goldie Frost all had a decent involvement
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:47 am

I think Frost was good. Since the ball only went into the opposition forward line about 5 times, he couldn't be expected to do much more. Whether he can run as a wing/half-forward and put the ball onto White's chest, surrounded by defenders, with a 50 metre left-foot pass around his body is, possibly, a question for another day. I hear Brisbane are thinking of him for a spot as an outside midfielder, though.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:24 am

Pies4shaw wrote:

Well Gault comes in then easy! Wink

www.facebook/the hybernators
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:42 am

I'd love to see Wills get a game, but I can't see it happening any time soon. Assuming Fas pulls up OK, then I suspect there will just be the one change, with Caff making way for Greenwood.

Given how well our forward line functioned against the Giants, it would be foolish to tamper with that structure and rush to bring back Cox. I suspect Cox may have to wait until injury or poor form strikes one of Moore, Cloke or White. In the meantime, he can go back to the ressies and continue to develop his game. Make no mistake, if we beat the Crows (our hardest game for the year imo), then we can make the eight. Go Pies.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:47 am

Pies4shaw wrote:

Vs the bottom team on the VFL ladder in Jimmy inclement weather with quite a few AFL players. Good win but context is everything.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9   

Jump to: