Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match: Pies v. Crows - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
There is likely to be just one change.

Caff out and Greenwood in.

Caff did a reasonable defensive job on Heater, though Shaw ended up with 20 disposals. Greenwood is a better option because he is a better runner.

This.

Although I think there will be a forced change due to injury

so

IN: Greenwood, Phillips
OUT: Macaffer, Fasolo [inj]

Bugger....I didn't know about Fasolo's injury. Crying or Very sad
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:20 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
John Wren wrote:
^^ will head along to the game tomorrow. looks like it will be a tropical 8 degrees. not sure what this game will tell us in the context of next week's selections given it's the bottom of the ladder team.

Cox will get 17 hitouts and kick 3.0 - that will lead to calls for Cloke to be dropped for team balance.

Wills will have 14 kicks and 23 handballs and kick 1.3 and 2 OOF - and that will lead to qldmagpie67 calling for his inclusion at Sidebottom's expense.

Goldsack will get 43 kicks and 81 handballs and take 183 intercept marks playing CHB and RudeBoy will claim that the decision to drop Goldie has been the making of him.

It will just be a normal week, really.

Come on P4S if Wills gets 37 touches & kicks 1-3 I would make him captain next week !!!
Look you love child Sidey is safe for next week but I can't promise you anything after that mate 😂
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:27 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
John Wren wrote:
^^ will head along to the game tomorrow. looks like it will be a tropical 8 degrees. not sure what this game will tell us in the context of next week's selections given it's the bottom of the ladder team.

Cox will get 17 hitouts and kick 3.0 - that will lead to calls for Cloke to be dropped for team balance.

Wills will have 14 kicks and 23 handballs and kick 1.3 and 2 OOF - and that will lead to qldmagpie67 calling for his inclusion at Sidebottom's expense.

Goldsack will get 43 kicks and 81 handballs and take 183 intercept marks playing CHB and RudeBoy will claim that the decision to drop Goldie has been the making of him.

Come on P4S if Wills gets 37 touches & kicks 1-3 I would make him captain next week !!!
Look you love child Sidey is safe for next week but I can't promise you anything after that mate 😂

Yep - that'd be because he's still the second-best footballer at the Club. Razz Wink What were Sidey's stats yesterday - 125 kicks at about 213% disposal efficiency? I see that he only had the 8 inside 50s, so there's plenty of room for improvement, still.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:54 pm

Massive game for us but nit for what many people may think.
I want to see that same effort again. The result is really pointless we are 3 games + % outside the 8 and I can't see us making it and if we did then I would be hugely surprised.
I want to see yesterday's effort every week.
Not sure if there will be any changes unless injury forces them
I would personally leave Caff in as a defensive HF worked well yesterday
If Greenwood comes in might be at DeGoey's expense who looks a little tired for mine
Our forward line actually looked really functional yesterday having 3 tall mobile types in Moore Cloke & White means Faz gets the 4th defender and they can't double team Cloke easily
Watching the game a second time this morning (I'm in love with Foxtel IQ) I'm getting more impressed with Smith every outing
Looked up his seasons stats and he's averging 21 a game with nearly 5 marks at around 73% eff didn't think he was getting that much of it or hadn't noticed it which is a great sign that he's just going about his business nicely
Also the replay showed me that Reid is just about the best ball reader in the game. The amount of times he just came across and marked or made a contest was fantastic.
If we play like we did yesterday were a chance
Not many if any teams go to Adelaide and win but no one expected us to do that yesterday either. You can bet Adelaide won't be surprised like GWS was yesterday with our efforts
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:02 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
John Wren wrote:

Yep - that'd be because he's still the second-best footballer at the Club. Razz Wink What were Sidey's stats yesterday - 125 kicks at about 213% disposal efficiency? I see that he only had the 8 inside 50s, so there's plenty of room for improvement, still.

Lol mate I think you've mistaken him for Pendles there. He did however play well yesterday 28 tocuches 6 marks a goal 8 inside 50's 5 tackles at 72% eff. But you would expect that from the best player in the history of the game !! Tell me again how many brownlow's he's won ? Oh and how many copeland's ? And what number will this be as a all Australian player ? 🤐
We can agree to disagree on his place in our side in regards to value but when he plays like he did yesterday we look a far better side than we do when he has a ordinary day. My knock has always been his difference between his best and worst game and he's to easily shut down with a soft tag (cue Tom Bugg here) I personally think he should be playing as a HF as I see his skill and value setting up goals and kicking them more so than an outside runner
P4S I would trade many others before him just to clarify he's just a player I find frustrating
Maybe I have to high expectations and should lower them I don't know I just know how I feel
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:09 pm

You know I'm only teasing you back.

My real concern about Sidebottom is that he hasn't been able to play in enough Grand Finals for Collingwood. He's too slow to be a star week-in, week-out in the lower pressure home and away games - IMO, what he needs to excel is the really, really hot cauldron in which everyone else falls over and handles the ball like it's a piece of soap - and his amazing balance, skills on both sides of his body and control can stand out.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:16 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
You know I'm only teasing you back.

My real concern about Sidebottom is that he hasn't been able to play in enough Grand Finals for Collingwood. He's too slow to be a star week-in, week-out in the lower pressure home and away games - IMO, what he needs to excel is the really, really hot cauldron in which everyone else falls over and handles the ball like it's a piece of soap - and his amazing balance, skills on both sides of his body and control can stand out.

Mate I'll give you this his balance and ability to spot someone when in traffic is second to none.
Didn't he kick like 10 in the tac cup GF ?
And he's his performances in GF's are far better than one Dayne Beams by a long way.
Honestly I can see him breaking all sorts of all time records at the club. He's not a dud by a long way and I guess sometimes we can mark players harder than we mark others
Let's agree on this then
I'll always be right and you can always be thanking me for correcting you 😇
Deal mate !!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:21 pm

John Wren wrote:
^^ will head along to the game tomorrow. looks like it will be a tropical 8 degrees. not sure what this game will tell us in the context of next week's selections given it's the bottom of the ladder team. furthermore, big cox (if drops in to spectate) returns to the scene of his vfl debut when it was a typically miserable day weatherwise and we got done.

Ballarat today could make Casey seem like a tropical sojourn.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:33 pm

Just saw a stat that Adelaide have scored at least 100 points in all but 3 games this year...and two of those sub-100 games they scored 97 points. Suffice to say, our backline has its work cut out.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:16 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
There is likely to be just one change.

Caff out and Greenwood in.

Caff did a reasonable defensive job on Heater, though Shaw ended up with 20 disposals. Greenwood is a better option because he is a better runner.

Pretty much agree. I wasn't impressed with Brown's one on one contests so he may be at risk.

Any word on Fas, heard he may have been injured and on bench Q4?

roar 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:50 pm

Broomhead in for Caff.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:47 pm

How did Broomhead go in the VFL? if he played well, maybe he earns a call up to replace Fas if he we have to leave him out due to injury?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:08 pm

The Crows are on their own pissing ground, where they are at least a four goal better team, and they are in top four, and want to stay there. We are playing in looney tunes land, their ferals will be going apeshit, and its a big, big ask for us. I reckon we will be pretty competitive, but I just think the homeground advantage will get the Crows home, in a close game, but boy, I would love to be proved wrong, like the Giants game.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:02 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
The Crows are on their own pissing ground, where they are at least a four goal better team, and they are in top four, and want to stay there. We are playing in looney tunes land, their ferals will be going apeshit, and its a big, big ask for us. I reckon we will be pretty competitive, but I just think the homeground advantage will get the Crows home, in a close game, but boy, I would love to be proved wrong, like the Giants game.

you're right about the Crows being a 4 goal better side in Adelaide. So after taking that into consideration, and the fact that they are a genuine top 4 side while we are lying in 10 th spot, I reckon we'll win by 26 points. Cool
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:40 pm

jackcass wrote:
John Wren wrote:
^^ will head along to the game tomorrow. looks like it will be a tropical 8 degrees. not sure what this game will tell us in the context of next week's selections given it's the bottom of the ladder team. furthermore, big cox (if drops in to spectate) returns to the scene of his vfl debut when it was a typically miserable day weatherwise and we got done.

Ballarat today could make Casey seem like a tropical sojourn.

a wee bit chilly at ballarat today. tough for anyone to stand out but broomy had a good game. good to see mason there supporting the lads.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9   

Jump to: