Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies pulverise Giants . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Never.take.the.glove.off.ever.again.T.Cloke
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:26 pm

A fantastic win, totally unexpected, one for the ages, and still the Giants have not beaten us once. ! Great team win, wonderful, and doesn't it make a huge difference to get injured players back, as some of us have been saying all along that it would.

As for the anti Bucks brigade, well, what about them, and who cares anyway. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:27 pm

Also... no Heater, no GWS. Good luck winning games now Giants.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:28 pm

Best game played by a Collingwood ruckman since Thompson. Best game played by a Collingwood CHF since Cloke was delisted.

Last edited by Pies4shaw on Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
thebaldfacts 

Sensational effort.

Makes a difference when the personnel is there.

Cloke and Grundy were brilliant but for me one of the most important inclusions was Adams. No surprise that when he went off against the doggies our season went with him.

What I also liked was we won without Pendles and Treloar dominating.

Sinclair's run is something we badly need. Hopefully he can string games together.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

That was an absolute great game by Grundy. I said in the game thread that he must have an oedipus complex cos what he did to mummy was downright fornication.

Cloke is back. Very Happy God that was great to see him leading at the ball and just clunking marks. He hasn't done that for ages.

Intensity and pressure, we just gave GWS a lesson in what finals football is like and it was great to watch.

THAT was what we've been waiting for, now to keep it up and get the players into the right habits. We work like that we're a top 4 team. We won't get there now this year but by christ we can shape the finals and set ourselves up for next year.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:29 pm

Cam wrote:
Also... no Heater, no GWS. Good luck winning games now Giants.

I thought Caff had a fork in him, but his job as a defensive forward on Heater was fkn great.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:29 pm

Our 100% winning record against GWS continues and we were the first team to beat them in Sydney this year.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:31 pm

I genuinely thought we'd win today and picked us by 18 points, but the boys performed even better than expected. In truth, our season turned the corner after our earlier loss to the Blues. We then beat the Bears, Cats and were on track to beat the Dogs, until injuries cruelled our season. Getting Fas, Moore and Adams back gave us our best team for the year.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but before today I said we could win all our remaining games and make the 8. The big test is next week against the Crows. Win that and we'll win our remaining 6.

Finally, congratulations must go to Bucks for maintaining belief in his boys and for the way he has turned Cloke's career around. Go Pies!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:34 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I genuinely thought we'd win today and picked us by 18 points, but the boys performed even better than expected. In truth, our season turned the corner after our earlier loss to the Blues. We then beat the Bears, Cats and were on track to beat the Dogs, until injuries cruelled our season. Getting Fas, Moore and Adams back gave us our best team for the year.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but before today I said we could win all our remaining games and make the 8. The big test is next week against the Crows. Win that and we'll win our remaining 6.

Finally, congratulations must go to Bucks for maintaining belief in his boys and for the way he has turned Cloke's career around. Go Pies!

I tried to bet on us today, $9.50 for the win but couldn't log on. Password issues. Mad

Never mind, I'll just enjoy the win. Very Happy

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:35 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

What about Grundy RB. You seem to have major concerns on our rucks, but there is no better ruck at his age group in the AFL.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:37 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Congratulations to Cloke for standing up, week after week and having the courage and strength of character to keep doing his best throughout a period in which the coach showed no faith in him whatsoever.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:38 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Hats off to you for picking this win against the usual sea of Nicks negativity.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:39 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Congratulations to Cloke for standing up, week after week and having the courage and strength of character to keep doing his best throughout a period in which the coach showed no faith in him whatsoever.

I hope you know a facial plastic surgeon.

Your tongue just burst a hole in your cheek.

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:40 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Love your positivity and enthusiasm, but one game at a time my friend. As for congrats for Buck and his staff, I whole heartedly agree but unfortunately there are many on this board that will not attribute any prt of the win to the coaching staff. Apparently Bucks and Co have no clue, they are to blame for when we lose but deserve no credit when we win.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11   

Jump to: