Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies pulverise Giants . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DT 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
I genuinely thought we'd win today and picked us by 18 points, but the boys performed even better than expected. In truth, our season turned the corner after our earlier loss to the Blues. We then beat the Bears, Cats and were on track to beat the Dogs, until injuries cruelled our season. Getting Fas, Moore and Adams back gave us our best team for the year.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but before today I said we could win all our remaining games and make the 8. The big test is next week against the Crows. Win that and we'll win our remaining 6.

Finally, congratulations must go to Bucks for maintaining belief in his boys and for the way he has turned Cloke's career around. Go Pies!

I'm with you. Had a strong feeling we'd perform well but it was what I expected to see more of after the preseason form. Let's hope that the Pies finish off the year strongly and that they develop a winning culture to take into next year.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:40 pm

It's all about pressure. Coming into the game GWS had the 4 points and expected to win comfortably. (Next week is the same). Our seasons over and we simply have no pressure. I got $8.50 and a few multis going. One was the Swans into the Pies. I am off to Uncle Dans. 1 Litre of Wild Turkey 101 to finish off a great day. PB and a win at golf followed by this win. Very Happy
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:42 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I genuinely thought we'd win today and picked us by 18 points, but the boys performed even better than expected. In truth, our season turned the corner after our earlier loss to the Blues. We then beat the Bears, Cats and were on track to beat the Dogs, until injuries cruelled our season. Getting Fas, Moore and Adams back gave us our best team for the year.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but before today I said we could win all our remaining games and make the 8. The big test is next week against the Crows. Win that and we'll win our remaining 6.

Finally, congratulations must go to Bucks for maintaining belief in his boys and for the way he has turned Cloke's career around. Go Pies!

Congratulations to Cloke for standing up, week after week and having the courage and strength of character to keep doing his best throughout a period in which the coach showed no faith in him whatsoever.

Twaddle. Let's not guild the lily. Cloke only did (part) of what he's been paid a heap of cash to do. And its been a long time coming. He still missed easy set shots, which will crush the team when the lead is not as big as it was today.

He's got a lot more to do, like putting in half a dozen back-to-back performances where he nails set shots. Until then, the jury is out.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:44 pm

Anyone else get on at $9?

A victory for the true believers.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:44 pm

Woods wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Congratulations to Cloke for standing up, week after week and having the courage and strength of character to keep doing his best throughout a period in which the coach showed no faith in him whatsoever.

Twaddle. Let's not guild the lily. Cloke only did (part) of what he's been paid a heap of cash to do. And its been a long time coming. He still missed easy set shots, which will crush the team when the lead is not as big as it was today.

He's got a lot more to do, like putting in half a dozen back-to-back performances where he nails set shots. Until then, the jury is out.

Nah, he's back. He just got getting better as the game went on and was clunking contested marks like he hasn't done for years.

If the tough love from Bucks sending him back didn't do it for him, it certainly didn't hurt as that was the best game he's played for yonks.

Welcome back Trav. Very Happy

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:45 pm

Geez I really hope that this isn't a false dawn game, that we have genuinely turned the corner in respect to our game day effort. The past 3 weeks have been fantastic for effort which is the first thing a team must give on the path to greatness. We have seen this type of performance before in the past only to see it vanish as quickly as it materialised. Do I allow myself to get swept up in the hysteria or subdue myself....which is the smart move? Hmmmm?? Let's see....I choose......HYSTERIA!!! PIES ARE BACK BABY!!! ON THE MARCH TO SEPTEMBER!! GIVE BUX THE KEY TO THE CITY!!! What a win! That's my Pies!!

MONCO: Your life.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:46 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Woods wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Nah, he's back. He just got getting better as the game went on and was clunking contested marks like he hasn't done for years.

If the tough love from Bucks sending him back didn't do it for him, it certainly didn't hurt as that was the best game he's played for yonks.

The marking means nothing if he can't convert.

If he can't convert he poisons the forward entries by other players.

He's still a work in progress.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:46 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

You are not getting ahead of yourself.

If we win all our remaining games then we not only make the 8, we win the premiership!

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:47 pm

Oh, and Clokey......Ohhh Mama, there goes that man!

MONCO: Your life.

Last edited by Monco Matt on Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
mattys123 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:48 pm

Equal parts happy and annoyed with that win.

Loved every minute off it (after quarter time) but it's so annoying to see what we are capable off when we put our minds to it.

Hopefully we keep this up till the end of the year, finishing the season strong for once could launch us into a finals team in 2017.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:48 pm

Wow,just wow!I'm still stunned by that half an hour after the game.I didn't see that coming.At quarter time I thought we were going to lose by 100 points plus,so that turnaround after that point was quite amazing.

Grundy was sensational,as was White,and how good is Howe?I can't believe people rubbished him earlier in the year.And Cloke must never be dropped again.We should forget about trading him next year.We won't get anything better than him in return,so we might as well persist with him and try to get the best out of him.He's still a match winner at his best,and a very dangerous player for us.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:50 pm

I don't have Foxtel etc, how did that Magpie hater Piggy Dunstall handle that great win, ? Not a good loser the old piggy, how he must have choked on that one. LOL

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:52 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Wow,just wow!I'm still stunned by that half an hour after the game.I didn't see that coming.At quarter time I thought we were going to lose by 100 points plus,so that turnaround after that point was quite amazing.

Grundy was sensational,as was White,and how good is Howe?I can't believe people rubbished him earlier in the year.And Cloke must never be dropped again.We should forget about trading him next year.We won't get anything better than him in return,so we might as well persist with him and try to get the best out of him.He's still a match winner at his best,and a very dangerous player for us.

We missed 2 sodas in the first quarter and it was a lopsided free kick count at quarter time.

Outside of being smashed in the ruck, we were in it up to our eyeballs despite the scoreline.

I figured we would ruck to Mummy, but even better Grundy started beating him.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:57 pm

Woods wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Woods wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

The marking means nothing if he can't convert.

If he can't convert he poisons the forward entries by other players.

He's still a work in progress.

241 games, 435 goals, 1,644 marks and about 3,300 disposals. That's some progress.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:58 pm

Anyone else have concerns with Moore and De Goey?

I don't think it would be the worse thing for Moore to go back to the reserves and get some confidence, because he hasn't looked like the same player since his injury. I'm just hoping that De Goey is suffering from the dreaded second-year blues, but I'm still optimistic he'll be a great player for us in time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11   

Jump to: