Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Police killings in the USA

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
Culprit wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Culprit wrote:
The media everywhere sensationalise any incident. They will never let the truth get int the way of a good story. The media have blood on their hands in every country, they are scum. As for the US Police shootings, they get it right most of the time. Those that don't get caught out. The latest incident with the guy with his arms up in the air is more about how much money he will get and he has a lawyer rubbing his hands together at the prospect of a nice payout.

Culprit - really Rolling Eyes Perhaps you might want to re-frame it. A mental health worker of some sort gets shot while with a person with autism because some idiot rings the police about a gun. The man I would have thought was trying not only to not get shot but not get killed. Your translation of that is that the bloke is much more concerned about the money & rubbing their hands together.

I agree and that wasn't how I meant it to come out. All I am hearing is his lawyer talking about compensation. Seriously, it's about the money not the man he saved in the lawyers mind. The guy deserves all the credit for saving the other guy but the lawyer is an ambulance chaser that will kill any goodwill.

Cheers, makes more sense now. Mind you I'd be getting serious lawyers in if it were me too.

No, the serious ones are usually putting it on for show - what you want is the ones with the slight smirks.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:45 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Culprit wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Culprit wrote:
The media everywhere sensationalise any incident. They will never let the truth get int the way of a good story. The media have blood on their hands in every country, they are scum. As for the US Police shootings, they get it right most of the time. Those that don't get caught out. The latest incident with the guy with his arms up in the air is more about how much money he will get and he has a lawyer rubbing his hands together at the prospect of a nice payout.

Culprit - really Rolling Eyes Perhaps you might want to re-frame it. A mental health worker of some sort gets shot while with a person with autism because some idiot rings the police about a gun. The man I would have thought was trying not only to not get shot but not get killed. Your translation of that is that the bloke is much more concerned about the money & rubbing their hands together.

I agree and that wasn't how I meant it to come out. All I am hearing is his lawyer talking about compensation. Seriously, it's about the money not the man he saved in the lawyers mind. The guy deserves all the credit for saving the other guy but the lawyer is an ambulance chaser that will kill any goodwill.

Cheers, makes more sense now. Mind you I'd be getting serious lawyers in if it were me too.

No, the serious ones are usually putting it on for show - what you want is the ones with the slight smirks.

And the Lambo in the garage, Razz Wink

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:42 pm

Regarding the guy shot while lying on the ground with his hands up and the autistic bloke next to him, the police explanation doesn't exactly cover them in glory.

Quote:
Rivera said the police officer opened fire because he thought the white individual, whom they later learned is a man with autism, was going to harm Kinsey.
He said the officer was trying to shoot the patient in an attempt to save Kinsey’s life.
“This wasn’t a mistake in the sense that the officer shot the wrong guy or he thought that Kinsey was the bad guy,” he said in a press conference.
“The movement of the white individual made it look like he was going to discharge a fire arm into Mr Kinsey and the officer discharged trying to strike and stop the white man and unfortunately, he missed the white male and shot Mr Kinsey by accident.”
Rivera said that the video footage of the incident was “being portrayed poorly.”

http://www.news.com.au/world/why-police-shot-autistic-mans-carer/news-story/3c0ba8ee172fb4a319414a63daf6b755

Ummm. OK.

So the explanation for shooting an unarmed innocent man, is that you were trying to shoot an unarmed innocent autistic bloke because you thought the toy train was a gun?

You had time to go and get rifles out of the car, you could put your fkn glasses on first so you could see what was going on and you wouldn't need to try to shoot anyone?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:09 pm

I think they need a new media-liaison officer.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:11 pm

Like who, specifically?
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:58 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
I think they need a new media-liaison officer.

I hear that there is an eminently qualified person for that job. They will have to wait until he comes off-contract and is unemployed - that will be about in November - but he'd be perfect for them. They should give him a call. His name is Donald Trump.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:36 pm

An interesting take on it....

http://sultanknish.blogspot.com.au/2016/07/exploiting-dead-cops-to-promote-their.html

In Dallas, Obama mentioned the name of dead sex offender Alton Sterling more times than those of the murdered police officers whom he was pretending to memorialize. After quickly dispensing with the formalities of eulogizing the slain officers, Obama demanded that “even those who dislike the phrase ‘black lives matter’” should “be able to hear the pain of Alton Sterling’s family”.

Alton Sterling was a convicted sex offender, burglar and violent criminal who was shot while reaching for a gun. His family may mourn him, just as every criminal’s family mourns their own, but it was obscene to class him together with five police officers who were murdered by a violent racist while doing their duty.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:47 pm

What "violent racist" are you referring to Skids?
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:01 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

It's a quote from the article.... the guy who shot the cops I gather.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:36 pm

Skids wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

It's a quote from the article.... the guy who shot the cops I gather.

OK, so it's no good asking you, then.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:56 pm

Just for something different, 2 Dead, multiple injured at their equivalent to a blue light disco in Orlando.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:06 pm

Dancing got right out of control, then?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:24 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Dancing got right out of control, then?
I reckon the dead and injured will be mostly black. Someone yelled out "Get Down" and they got up and danced.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:50 pm

Why did I just find myself singing the title to this thread? Shocked Confused

To this song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtwBuJ_6oLI

I need another drink.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:41 pm

This guy had me almost in tears last night:

http://americanmilitarynews.com/2017/09/nfl-player-army-ranger-veteran-alejandro-villanueva-is-only-steeler-to-be-on-field-for-u-s-national-anthem-rest-stay-in-locker-room-video/?utm_source=5bravos&utm_campaign=alt&utm_medium=facebook

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/25/why-are-nfl-players-kneeling-what-the-protest-means-6953185/

Another point of view,

https://regiehammblog.wordpress.com/2017/09/25/the-unspoken-contract/

Maybe it was the way I was brought up, but I can't imagine ever not standing quietly for any national anthem, certainly not my own....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 5 of 15   

Jump to: