Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Police killings in the USA

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannin wrote:
These evil cnuts need to be given some serous bloody jail time.

And Wokko, pretending that it is "the media" instigating a race war is downright stupid. The ones instigating the war are the officers shooting unarmed black people. They are sworn to protect the peace but instead of doing that they are killing black people. Deliberately.

That's is just a ridiculous statement. You saying they are going out looking to kill black people? Do you know the jail stats over there? I'm guessing they are jumpy, and I don't blame them. The black homelessness and gangs very Close into the major cities is shocking. Washington DC has about a three square mile radius around the White House, and then it's filthy, barred windows, no way I'd walk around there, even in day time. Same goes for Boston, although the radius is bigger. The city itself is stunningly beautiful, spotlessly clean, and then you hit the close in suburbs. We went across the road to Maccas, and then caught a cab into town, it was a terrifying three minute walk. Gangs on the corner, cops with lights flashing, pulling up on the sidewalk, and the gangs were there deep into the night (could see them from our hotel window) and then the homeless took their position. And the majority were black. There is plenty of white folks too, but they are out numbered. It was sobering, so sad. And yet get out of the city and into the smaller towns, and it just disappears. You feel safe, safer than Melbourne at night.

I just can't imagine what it's like being a cop there, knowing darn well that the person you pull over for speeding, red light, whatever, could possible have a legal open carry high powered fire arm in the car.

The only thing that will stop the violence, is gun control. And I spoke to heaps of people there about it, black and white, and they all agree. But then I didn't speak to any homeless or fang people, or the White Sheila in the hotel, with the ice scars on her face and body, and '**** me harder' tattooed on her shoulder about it, it just didn't seem to be a good thing to do!

The population density close into cities, New York, DC, it's mind boggling. The obvious mental problems. The drugs, the marijuana shops on the corner, it's a boiling pot of trouble. The day I rode a bike around Central Park, some poor guy stood on a plastic bag, and the cocktail of ingredients blew his foot off. Then waking up daily to all those shootings..... I just can't imagine living there....being in the job...

And yet the people there are so great, friendly, laid back, polite, generous, (except New York and the Japanese tourists!).

Some states do it better. In Denver there was a huge shelter near our hotel, we drove past on the way in, and the homeless with their carts and trolleys, women, men, black, white, babies, lining up for food and a bed... And yet ordered, no shoving, just waiting.... There are places in the states where there is a real drive to do something, building tiny homes for them, but what they really need is medical care.

But back to those cops. They are not killers. They are probably just terrified and jumping. There is rogues in every profession, every nationality, every religion, but I'd bet my last dollars, there's a lot more rogue criminals out there just acting like every day citizens. This problem is so much bigger than a bad cop.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:35 am

You need to look up the meaning of the word "deliberate".

When you point a gun at someone who is:

• Unarmed
  • Not resisting
  • Lying on the ground
  • Has both hands in the air

and then you pull the trigger, that is deliberate action in any possible meaning of the term.

The rest of your post makes excellent sense.

Note, by the way, that these exact same factors you mention - overcrowding, aimless youth gangs, lifelong poverty, no-go areas, violent crime, people carrying weapons, rampant drug problems - are precisely what we are, as a matter of government policy, attempting to reproduce in Australia by importing hundreds of thousands of people every single year and failing to provide for with worthwhile jobs, education, or infrastructure.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:47 am

Tannin wrote:

• Unarmed
  • Not resisting
  • Lying on the ground

and then you pull the trigger, that is deliberate action in any possible meaning of the term.

Note, by the way, that these exact same factors you mention - overcrowding, aimless youth gangs, lifelong poverty, no-go areas, violent crime, people carrying weapons, rampant drug problems - are precisely what we are, as a matter of government policy, attempting to reproduce in Australia by importing hundreds of thousands of people every single year and failing to provide for with worthwhile jobs, education, or infrastructure.

African Americans only have themselves to blame I thought I was reading here earlier.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:06 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Tannin wrote:

• Unarmed
  • Not resisting
  • Lying on the ground

African Americans only have themselves to blame I thought I was reading here earlier.

not sure where you get that. of course they dont. everyone is to blame. starting firmly at the government door steps. but certainly the actions of an awful lot of black men is making it difficult for the majority who do the right thing. just like the few feral collingwood fans out there.

i agree Tannin, about the problems coming here, its no good building cities with no infrastructure, its the same with people. and its quite frankly scary the reports just 2 suburbs over, of the african gang problem. home invasions, car jacking, attacks on the elderly.

(the shooting your refer to above, i just read what happened. this cop needs a good long rest. his reply "i dont know" speaks volumes. thank god he did not shoot to kill. im glad we are home now, im pretty much done, ive been all the places i still wanted to go to, next, nice gun controlled Cananda!! i fear for what will happen now. i met some great people, i ust cant imagine, not even feeling safe at the mall, the kids school, the movies. i really really hate guns.)

regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:39 pm

there's more...

The gun culture has stuffall to do with the Minute Men and Paul Revere. Once the English were gone there was no need to keep the guns.

If you watch your Ken Burns series The Civil War, it is the boring historian who oddly enough articulates what actually happened. Not Shelby Foote, whose seductive and reasonable tones make the pre-war South seem not such a bad place after all.

Anyway, boring guy called John Brown the "meteor of the war". It was because of Brown and his raids on plantations that the Southern communities set up their own militias, fearing that they would all be murdered in their beds. At the same time, a fifth of Americans owned another fifth of Americans, making for nervous times all round.

If you check your Wild West, cowboys had to check their guns, like coats, at the sheriff's office when they came to town, as exemplified in the movie
Back to the Future 3, amongst many others.

After the civil war, Nathan Bedford Forest started the KKK and other terrorist organisations, to keep the settlers down South safe.

Our country was awash with guns, particularly in the 1930's when people shot rabbits to stay alive, but good times meant that they fell into disuse.

So, the gun culture comes from settlers - Americans, Sarfs, Northern Irish, the Serbs, the Israelis. Not to judge such people, just to understand where they are coming from. When there is no longer a perceived need to have guns, then maybe there will be less of them.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:19 pm

The media everywhere sensationalise any incident. They will never let the truth get int the way of a good story. The media have blood on their hands in every country, they are scum. As for the US Police shootings, they get it right most of the time. Those that don't get caught out. The latest incident with the guy with his arms up in the air is more about how much money he will get and he has a lawyer rubbing his hands together at the prospect of a nice payout.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:24 pm

I'm sure when he was laying there with his hands up, he was secretly hoping they shoot. He's probably somewhat disappointed they only shot him in the leg. I know I would be, if it were me. Shocked
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:40 pm

Culprit wrote:
The media everywhere sensationalise any incident. They will never let the truth get int the way of a good story. The media have blood on their hands in every country, they are scum. As for the US Police shootings, they get it right most of the time. Those that don't get caught out. The latest incident with the guy with his arms up in the air is more about how much money he will get and he has a lawyer rubbing his hands together at the prospect of a nice payout.

Culprit - really Rolling Eyes Perhaps you might want to re-frame it. A mental health worker of some sort gets shot while with a person with autism because some idiot rings the police about a gun. The man I would have thought was trying not only to not get shot but not get killed. Your translation of that is that the bloke is much more concerned about the money & rubbing their hands together.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:27 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Culprit - really Rolling Eyes Perhaps you might want to re-frame it. A mental health worker of some sort gets shot while with a person with autism because some idiot rings the police about a gun. The man I would have thought was trying not only to not get shot but not get killed. Your translation of that is that the bloke is much more concerned about the money & rubbing their hands together.

im with you

he deserves a bravery medal, he was still trying to protect the guy with autism. just shows how jumpy everyone there is right now, that the toy may have been seen to be a gun. there is absolutely no winners here.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:10 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Culprit wrote:

I agree and that wasn't how I meant it to come out. All I am hearing is his lawyer talking about compensation. Seriously, it's about the money not the man he saved in the lawyers mind. The guy deserves all the credit for saving the other guy but the lawyer is an ambulance chaser that will kill any goodwill.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:28 pm

think positive wrote:
Tannin wrote:
These evil cnuts need to be given some serous bloody jail time.

And Wokko, pretending that it is "the media" instigating a race war is downright stupid. The ones instigating the war are the officers shooting unarmed black people. They are sworn to protect the peace but instead of doing that they are killing black people. Deliberately.

That's is just a ridiculous statement. You saying they are going out looking to kill black people? Do you know the jail stats over there? I'm guessing they are jumpy, and I don't blame them. The black homelessness and gangs very Close into the major cities is shocking. Washington DC has about a three square mile radius around the White House, and then it's filthy, barred windows, no way I'd walk around there, even in day time. Same goes for Boston, although the radius is bigger. The city itself is stunningly beautiful, spotlessly clean, and then you hit the close in suburbs. We went across the road to Maccas, and then caught a cab into town, it was a terrifying three minute walk. Gangs on the corner, cops with lights flashing, pulling up on the sidewalk, and the gangs were there deep into the night (could see them from our hotel window) and then the homeless took their position. And the majority were black. There is plenty of white folks too, but they are out numbered. It was sobering, so sad. And yet get out of the city and into the smaller towns, and it just disappears. You feel safe, safer than Melbourne at night.

I just can't imagine what it's like being a cop there, knowing darn well that the person you pull over for speeding, red light, whatever, could possible have a legal open carry high powered fire arm in the car.

The only thing that will stop the violence, is gun control. And I spoke to heaps of people there about it, black and white, and they all agree. But then I didn't speak to any homeless or fang people, or the White Sheila in the hotel, with the ice scars on her face and body, and '**** me harder' tattooed on her shoulder about it, it just didn't seem to be a good thing to do!

The population density close into cities, New York, DC, it's mind boggling. The obvious mental problems. The drugs, the marijuana shops on the corner, it's a boiling pot of trouble. The day I rode a bike around Central Park, some poor guy stood on a plastic bag, and the cocktail of ingredients blew his foot off. Then waking up daily to all those shootings..... I just can't imagine living there....being in the job...

And yet the people there are so great, friendly, laid back, polite, generous, (except New York and the Japanese tourists!).

Some states do it better. In Denver there was a huge shelter near our hotel, we drove past on the way in, and the homeless with their carts and trolleys, women, men, black, white, babies, lining up for food and a bed... And yet ordered, no shoving, just waiting.... There are places in the states where there is a real drive to do something, building tiny homes for them, but what they really need is medical care.

But back to those cops. They are not killers. They are probably just terrified and jumping. There is rogues in every profession, every nationality, every religion, but I'd bet my last dollars, there's a lot more rogue criminals out there just acting like every day citizens. This problem is so much bigger than a bad cop.

Yeah, great post.

I never felt unsafe, except at first around the Tenderloin in San Fran, but when there's groups of large homeless people gathered together, some drunk, some drug affected and some mentally ill and they're yelling and carrying on, you just walk around them carefully cos you never know.

Photos I took of a cop car in San Fran, it looks like it's been used as a battering ram.

The gun culture really got rubbed in your face in Texas, which is an open carry state. Every bar and public place (like the baseball stadium) had signs up saying no open or concealed weapons allowed. I didn't think about it until I saw those signs.

I wouldn't be a cop over there. No chance.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:31 pm

Culprit wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Culprit wrote:

I agree and that wasn't how I meant it to come out. All I am hearing is his lawyer talking about compensation. Seriously, it's about the money not the man he saved in the lawyers mind. The guy deserves all the credit for saving the other guy but the lawyer is an ambulance chaser that will kill any goodwill.

Cheers, makes more sense now. Mind you I'd be getting serious lawyers in if it were me too.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:33 pm

stui magpie wrote:
[quote="think positive"][quote="Tannin"]These evil cnuts need to be given some serous bloody jail time.

And Wokko, pretending that it is "the media" instigating a race war is downright stupid. The ones instigating the war are the officers shooting unarmed black people. They are sworn to protect the peace but instead of doing that they are killing black people. Deliberately.[/quote]

But back to those cops. They are not killers. They are probably just terrified and jumping. There is rogues in every profession, every nationality, every religion, but I'd bet my last dollars, there's a lot more rogue criminals out there just acting like every day citizens. This problem is so much bigger than a bad cop.[/quote]

Yeah, great post.

I never felt unsafe, except at first around the Tenderloin in San Fran, but when there's groups of large homeless people gathered together, some drunk, some drug affected and some mentally ill and they're yelling and carrying on, you just walk around them carefully cos you never know.

Photos I took of a cop car in San Fran, it looks like it's been used as a battering ram.

The gun culture really got rubbed in your face in Texas, which is an open carry state. Every bar and public place (like the baseball stadium) had signs up saying no open or concealed weapons allowed. I didn't think about it until I saw those signs.

I wouldn't be a cop over there. No chance.
Do you mean that literally?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:39 pm

Ken Oath I do Exclamation
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:41 pm

I have no idea what to say.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15   

Jump to: