Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Police killings in the USA

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Gees, wow, can't believe some of these comments.
I don't think the guy was asking for it, but then again, imagine what these cops live with on a daily basis. However, after one disabling shot, why fire more? Unless the guy is phyco on ice, was he really putting up a fight? Especially after that first shot? Same with the guy in the car, just wrong. He should have called an ambulance not kept shooting.for what it's worth, my opinion is both shootings went beyond what might be necessary to secure the scene.

Just woke up in LA, to the news three more cops have been shot in Baton Rouge. At least two believed dead. Gunman is still on the loose. 3 people were arrested, including a 13 year old, 5 days ago for a plot to kill police. 1 got away, and now more killing.... And the next black guy that gets pulled over, better not blink. Where does this end?

Also see the video where a black police woman comes out and slags off her fellow officers. I get where she is coming from, but it can only make matters worse. Those cops need to face charges as soon as possible, justice needs to be seen to be done.

Another headline I saw this morning, drive by shooting at house party. Big deal you think, that happens in Melbourne occasionally. And then you see 14 Shot. 14 people! $£$%^%%$ hell.

I'll end this with- I $£$%^%%$ hate guns. I know they have their place, but that place is NOT in the hands, or pockets, of your everyday person.

Get them off the streets. But how? With so many out there, do you do that without stopping the criminals first?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:37 am

Culprit wrote:
The guy with the broken tail light was a suspect in an armed robbery the day before and had an APB out on him. Ah the media, Never let the truth get in the way of a god story.

All the reports I've seen here, I have not heard that, that does explain why the cop was twitchy. (I wonder if he was guilty). Still the first shot had him disabled, clearly, why continue to shoot?

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:08 am

think positive wrote:
Culprit wrote:
The guy with the broken tail light was a suspect in an armed robbery the day before and had an APB out on him. Ah the media, Never let the truth get in the way of a god story.

All the reports I've seen here, I have not heard that, that does explain why the cop was twitchy. (I wonder if he was guilty). Still the first shot had him disabled, clearly, why continue to shoot?
Saves a court appearance. Shocked
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:10 am

3 More Police killed in Baton Rouge.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/17/us/baton-route-police-shooting/index.html

Police received a call of a "suspicious person walking down Airline Highway with an assault rifle," a source with knowledge of the investigation told CNN. When police arrived, the shooting began.

Quote:
"If they are wearing army fatigues; if they are wearing all black; if they are wearing a mask; if they are wearing anything that's out there, please, give us a call," said Baton Rouge Police Cpl. L.J. McKneely.

Shocked
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAu44wVgb58

Brilliant video here on the issue.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:52 am

http://tribunist.com/news/harvard-study-on-police-shootings-and-race-offers-shocking-conclusion/
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:19 am

What was this chap's conclusion as to the number of people not carrying firearms who were killed by police who also weren't carrying firearms?
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:06 am

^ Don't ask sensible questions. You know that it only annoys people.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:21 am

http://www.theage.com.au/world/miami-police-shoot-black-man-with-his-hands-up-trying-to-help-autistic-patient-20160721-gqb53q.html
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:00 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
http://www.theage.com.au/world/miami-police-shoot-black-man-with-his-hands-up-trying-to-help-autistic-patient-20160721-gqb53q.html

Shot in the leg, which is unsual. The police officer is either a terrible shot or it was an accidental discharge. I'll keep an eye on this one and try to dig a little past the media narrative. The ghouls in the media are instigating a race war, great for clicks, not so great for people who get killed; whether black, white or blue.

In other news a policeman is in hospital after a fast food employee put glass in his meal.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:34 am

Looks like straight up police **** up. 3 shots fired, 2 misses and a leg hit at close range (Shooting Tex). Was probably shooting at the Autistic man who had something in his hand and would be unlikely to comply with random police demands.

Apparently after shooting the guy, the man who was bleeding asked "Why did you shoot me?" and the cop replied "I don't know".
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:37 am

Interesting comparsion.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:38 am

These evil cnuts need to be given some serous bloody jail time.

And Wokko, pretending that it is "the media" instigating a race war is downright stupid. The ones instigating the war are the officers shooting unarmed black people. They are sworn to protect the peace but instead of doing that they are killing black people. Deliberately.

Last edited by Tannin on Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:38 am

The correct answer from the cop would have been "Because I was holding a gun - I could scarcely have shot you otherwise".
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:40 am

Tannin wrote:
These evil cnuts need to be given some serous bloody jail time.

And Wokko, pretending that it is "the media" instigating a race war is downright stupid. The ones instigating the war are the officers shooting unarmed black people. They are sworn to protect the peace but instead of doing that they are killing black people. Deliberately.
Which ones?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15   

Jump to: