Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match: Pies v. Giants - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Get within four goals or so, and we have done well, IMHO.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:14 pm

watt price tully wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Make no mistake, we will beat the Giants tomorrow and the football world will experience shock and awe as they witness Collingwood finally waking from its slumber and begin it's inexorable rise up the AFL ladder. Pies by 18 points. Cool

You been channeling the Chilcot report?

There's a Blair in there.
Troppo 

standing on VB tins in the outer at Vic Park

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:16 pm

... v.clever response ... pretty much a lift from Alexander Jacob Gutman ...

Looks clear to me that there is a poster or 3 on this Board that would like a cock-a-two the way they wave their feeble eucalyptus branches at the coach ... want a game of Euchre, Lyptus ... how much can a koala bear ...

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:34 pm

Adams is our heart and soul. We are so much better with Adams in the side that it's not funny. Alas, the big reason we did OK last week without him was Greenwood. But 'Caff will be dead-set keen to show that he still has what it takes in the Greenwood role, so I guess that's OK.

Williams needs to find his form in the twos. Fair enough. Cox was looking tired, so a rest for him is fair enough too, though we will miss him. Of our tall forwards, the one I reckon we can best do without is Cloke, but the big fella has improved a bit each game since he came back, so that's OK too.

Fasolo back. Great! Fasolo back without a run in the twos first. Not so great. Experienced players of genuine quality can go well first-up. Is Fasolo up to that mark yet? Wait and see.

I'd have been tempted to use Goldsack as the tagger and leave 'Caff out. Goldy can play in the middle, and his game last week was very good. Overall, I'm OK with the changes though.

And I reckon this is our boilover week. Pies to win.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:48 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Weird just weird is the selection policy.
But Blair is never dropped.
I see Poppy from the Hawks has 27 goals this season.
My mate Blair has 10 for this year.
2 managed after a 2 week break 2 weeks ago!
Give me a break please!!!!

I'd have the Sack as the defensive forward over Blair this week, particularly as Sacks hands looked pretty good last week.

Now, to be sure, that would have left us short on 1%ers and seen-by-few packwork, but I'm confident the rest of the team will be able to step up and fill the gap, or would have been, as the case may be.

What I feel is strange is that all year plenty of Nicksters and the Club have blamed the constant changes for an unsettled side.
And what do we do this week ....make 5 changes.

Well yeah, its an interesting one. But remembering we lost most of those guys in the one game is the only thing i can think of. Fasolo and Adams are best 22 and were playing well, so they aren't part of the stability issue. Jesse White has played 44 games with us, 8 this year. So really its kinda just 7 gamer Marsh for 3 gamer Phillips, and 75 gamer Macaffer for 22 gamer Greenwood. I guess that indicates we have introduced a more stable group than we had.

Having watched a few 2s games on tv there is no way I would have had Caff in and Goldie old mind you.

Yarra Falls End 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:02 am

My meta analysis of the game has come up with only 2 possible reasons why we will win.

1 Its the sort of game where no one gives us a chance and we win.
2 They're coming off the bye and may be a little tardy out of the blocks.

Re the changes , possibly Buckley has specific roles in mind for Greenwood and Goldsack for the Adelaide game and does not want to risk injury or keep them fresh for the next game.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:15 am

Cam :
"But remembering we lost most of those guys in the one game is the only thing i can think of. Fasolo and Adams are best 22 and were playing well, so they aren't part of the stability issue. Jesse White has played 44 games with us, 8 this year. So really its kinda just 7 gamer Marsh for 3 gamer Phillips, and 75 gamer Macaffer for 22 gamer Greenwood. I guess that indicates we have introduced a more stable group than we had. "
This is the point. Stability is not the issue with most of these changes. The players we are "reintroducing" have been longstanding, and integral, members of our team.
The changes are excellent, and improve both the ability level AND the coherence of our team, in my view.
The one negative is the loss of Greenwood. would have loved to have him there as well. Let us hope that the do or die factor for Brent McAffer will inspire him to play a heroic tagging role.
I give us a chance to win. Like our team. If we play with the same ferocious mindset as against both Geelong and WB, we have a very clear chance of winning. Go Pies!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10   

Jump to: