Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match: Pies unseat the Blues - All comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We did what we had to do which was beat the scum. Could not under any circumstances lose to them twice, the season has been bad enough.

However, the game itself was an embarrassment to the beautiful game we love. A ball butchering fiesta by both teams. We were more competitive because we have a lot more senior players in the side up and going, but there is just no way we are getting better at the game, our skills and structures are still way off the pace as they have been for years.

Sidey needs to figure out how to shake a tag, we can't have him so easily taken out of the game. Cox seriously needs to start learning how to best use his height, which is to say start taking contested marks or his value will never be realised. Thought Grundy played one of his best and Cloke was pretty good apart from the usual goal kicking shenanigans.

Aish and De Goey did some good things but both still do not contribute anywhere near enough. Goldsack and Blair dug in all night, Reid and Brown were solid in defense and prevented another Wayne Carey performance from Casboult.

We need our mids like Greenwood and Varcoe to start sticking those shots on goal, just need to improve our kicking skills somehow. When will this ever happen? It's like pulling teeth watch us kick the ball most of the time.

Crisp I though was extremely quiet, not sure why. This guy seems like he can be a lot better than he is, just doesn't contribute enough, goes missing a lot.

Anyway, got the win against the scumbags so it could be worse.

MONCO: Your life.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:09 pm

That was putrid beyond description. Have never been less excited about beating the scum.

We are a long long way off the pace. We may not score next week.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:12 pm

Probably one of the worst games of football I've ever witnessed. I really don't know what to make of it and I dread to think what a top 4 side would have done to us. I can't recall a game in which I've seen such utterly horrendous skills in particular the foot skills with the worst offender being Sinclair. Seriosly poor foot skills and tackling skills. I don't know what is going on with the hand balling.Can anyone tell me what goes on when nearly all our players turn back into the pack and then handball it to someone totally surrounded by opposition?? Trealor seems to be the worst offender along with Degoey. Aishe was pretty good tonight and I doubt we will see him back in the reserves. I can't say I'm that impressed with the game Marley Williams played.He seems to have lost all the drive and straight through running that made hime a feared defender.He was terrible tonight. Having said that, the rest of the backline,led by Reid were pretty good as was Cloke who plays a lot better up the ground and hasn't got 4 opposition hanging off him all night. Phillips was ordinary and I doubt he'll get a gig next week as we hopefully get Faz back and maybe Adams. Having said all that,we toughed it out and bet the filth and I'm happy. Very Happy Wink
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:19 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Why would I stop what is historically the most accurate and most trusted election news service?

Besides, I like my coverage simple and too the point. What are they doing on Channel 9 this year? Dropping the losing MPs into a shark tank, or something...?

No, they are too quick on the draw.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

In a year this will be just a W in the column against these scumsuckers! Rejoice and move on!
Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

MagpieBat wrote:
Why would I stop what is historically the most accurate and most trusted election news service?

Besides, I like my coverage simple and too the point. What are they doing on Channel 9 this year? Dropping the losing MPs into a shark tank, or something...?

Trust Aunty, I have watched the ABC news at times and then the following day's classified brief was all contained in that news story.

Cox, Phillips, Smith, DeGoey look tired.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:21 pm

Well we should have had a bigger winning margin. But yes! We won!

Will be looking forward to Fasolo coming back in soon.

Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:30 pm

Positives, thought Aish was terrific. Put his body on the line all night and did some really good things.

Grundy in great form, against a well seasoned ruckman tonight and beat him easily.

A healthy captain.

Moore back, Travis having a crack.

Reid, Goldy and Howe, I didn't mind Sinclair's game as well, there wasn't many willing to take it on.

Little man Blairy kicking a couple of nice goals.

Negatives, Treloar had a shocker and i'm hoping Degoey is having the 2nd year blues, because he's starting to worry me.

A win is a win, but gee it was painful to watch.

MGR 

Those Channel 7 commentators! Honestly was Silvagni the only bloke wearing a Carlton jumper?
Redlight 

MagpieBat wrote:

That guy (Green?) on the ABC is always well ahead of the others and very accurate. I suspect he may be some kind of vote counting genius.

Average tonight by the Pies, but a welcome relief to beat the scum and nice to win two in a row.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:32 pm

Many here are bewailing this performance, but I was quite happy overall. Thought we won pretty convincingly, and this was without any elite small forward (Alex Fasolo), and also without our midfield dynamo Taylor Adams. The upside was James Aisch... a confidence boosting game for him. Carlton are not hopeless, and we have defeated them with a seriously undermanned team. We should acknowledge the signiificance of this victory.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:45 pm

Australia plus denied us the 2 later games,one a ball tearer.Sellers MacLure on the ABC radio failed to give Pendles a vote.Yet found one for Kade Simpson. POS.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:46 pm

To grind out a win in the manner we did against an opponent hellbent on playing negative football was the one positive take I got from the game. Honestly, I've got more respect for Alan Richardson as a coach than Bolton. At least St Kilda go for it. When they lose, they really lose. Carlton just bore you to death. We played them at their own game and won and that's all that matters to me.
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:57 pm

Just got home. I love it when Collingwood win.

But that was terrible.

#SIDEBYSIDE
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:01 am

ronrat wrote:
Australia plus denied us the 2 later games,one a ball tearer.Sellers MacLure on the ABC radio failed to give Pendles a vote.Yet found one for Kade Simpson. POS.

SEN gave Pendles 3, Simpson 2. And 1 to our boards whipping boy Sinclair.

I think that was probably fair.

#SIDEBYSIDE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: