Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We stand by Ed!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed has had my support in the past and still has my support. None of us are perfect and this applies to Ed as well. The fact is that when you find yourself between a rock and a hard place, Ed is the type of bloke you want standing next to you. He is always more than happy to help a good cause and it has been reported that he has been responsible for gaining up to $300 M in donations over the years. His success in giving Collingwood a great financial foundation cannot be questioned.

I think his time at Collingwood is coming to an end and I would have to admit that after recent twisted events he would have to be asking himself if it is worth the effort.

Many on Nicks are more than happy to condemn Ed and not give him the recognition he has earned and deserves in so many areas. It is very easy to say that he must go or his time has come but finding an appropriate and equal replacement is much harder than many realise. If it was that easy every club would have an Ed but as we all know that is merely a pipe dream.

I am sure that Ed will know when it is time and until then I will continue my support for him in both the good and bad times.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:33 pm

Cam wrote:
People have always had it in for him. He's a very tall poppy and people want to cut him down.

You get everything with Ed, Toorak parties, helping the poor, dumb hurtful quotes that cover pretty much every negative -ism there is, passion for Collingwood.

If people think he's bad, I give you our Godfather, John Wren, overseer of our Golden Era of premierships. The historical one, not the tosser who uses his name on here Wink

For better or worse the man has lifted us from the mire, and at worst he is known to stand by his mates. Even if that's bad at times. He's loyal, unless you cross him. But he's a forgiving bloke for Collingwood's sake... look at Peter Moore, Malthouse, and one day Dollar Daisy will be welcomed back too.

you've got me pegged. lol. what a setback. Laughing

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:50 pm

Ed saved the club when it was busted and has presided over a genuine era of off the field growth. He has my support, particularly against the viscous perpetually offended twitterati but I to believe he's closer to the end than the beginning and the time is coming when he should step aside.

Not just yet mind you, ideally after another flag or more in the very near future.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:07 pm

Culprit wrote:
Ed has dug the hole, he has to lay in it. "It's not what you are dealt with in life, it's how you deal with it". The members built the club, the members are the ones that put the club back into the black. Remember we are the only club that the AFL has never financially helped out. Ed was the bloke we all followed in doing that and we all supported him. As it stands the members are walking away in droves and the same blokes in charge.

Ed needs to dig deep and focus on the club and get back to basics. If that means less media then so be it. He doesn't need the money.

The media is his livelihood!

Maybe he just needs to become more vanilla as a media person. like all the other boring sods

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:47 pm

Kwah-LeBaire wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:
I have never understood the traditional football situation of Presidents of football clubs being oft quoted public figures in their clubs when the CEO's are normally in the background.

Ed's quoted because he's a star in his own right.

There are eighteen clubs, eighteen club Presidents.
How many of them can you name?

I really wish the general joe blow didn't know who the prez of collingwood is!

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:45 am

John Wren wrote:
Cam wrote:
People have always had it in for him. He's a very tall poppy and people want to cut him down.

You get everything with Ed, Toorak parties, helping the poor, dumb hurtful quotes that cover pretty much every negative -ism there is, passion for Collingwood.

If people think he's bad, I give you our Godfather, John Wren, overseer of our Golden Era of premierships. The historical one, not the tosser who uses his name on here Wink

For better or worse the man has lifted us from the mire, and at worst he is known to stand by his mates. Even if that's bad at times. He's loyal, unless you cross him. But he's a forgiving bloke for Collingwood's sake... look at Peter Moore, Malthouse, and one day Dollar Daisy will be welcomed back too.

you've got me pegged. lol. what a setback. Laughing

Was hoping that you didn't miss that lol Laughing

Redlight 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:56 am

thompsoc wrote:
Kwah-LeBaire wrote:
I have never understood the traditional football situation of Presidents of football clubs being oft quoted public figures in their clubs when the CEO's are normally in the background.

I want every opposition supporter to be full of envy and anger at how much power and influence our President has.
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:31 am

I'm with FLAGPIES. Ed deserves our support.
Show me any leader who hasn't made mistakes in 18 years!
Ed's comments regarding Caro (who I abhor) were inappropriate and shouldn't have been uttered. Nevertheless, I believe that some of the depth of vitriol hurled against Ed reflected the envy and jealousy that many people feel.
Think about it. There were a few guys who engaged in that banter on Triple M (also I'm not convinced that the 3AW guys should have been overlooked), but hardly anyone else got a mention. It was all Ed Ed Ed.

So far as I'm concerned Ed can continue as president for as long as he pleases. Another 10 years would be fine!
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:38 am

Ed certainly has everyone talking and taking notice - now all he has to do is use his powers of attraction for good... Smile

Let's cut him some slack - he often talks before he thinks - but he has to carry on as part of his gig - Ed just needs to remember what century we are in and pull it back and just save his best material for his mates at the footy or the pub or wherever he goes to let his hair down... not the public workplace!

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:00 am

Redlight wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Kwah-LeBaire wrote:

I want every opposition supporter to be full of envy and anger at how much power and influence our President has.

They are not full of envy and anger.
A lot think he is a wanker.
I have been told that numerous times by other opposition supporters.
The guy has no more power or influence than any other prez.
Collingwood supporters always over inflate everything.

roar 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:21 am

^^ Spot on, thompsoc.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:16 pm

Ed can look after himself.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:20 pm

I've been waiting for you.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:33 pm

IMO: Eddie has been in overall terms great for our club.

He's done a hell of a lot more right than he does done wrong that's for sure.

However as we are all well aware he can make gaffes (who can't). His gaffes however have mostly been when he is with the yobbo's & boys of MMM or similar blokey media - he loses judgement & perspective. He sees Sam Newman as a friend which I have no doubt he is however the same Sam is a knob, a backward dinosaur of a different age who is a creep and a sexist bully - this doesn't help Ed anywhere except amongst a few idiots who belong in a distant age.

Ed has done a lot not just for Collingwood but for a range of social causes & I love him for all of that. His judgment however becomes clouded when he loses insight into the company he keeps (in the media) It's become an unfortunate spectacle when he demeans himself by keeping the broadcast company he does.

Eddie doesn't deserve derision.

I've previously & early on expressed compassion for his family in these tough times & continue to do so.

I wish him the best & hope to see him come bouncing back.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:45 pm

watt price tully wrote:
IMO: Eddie has been in overall terms great for our club.

He's done a hell of a lot more right than he does done wrong that's for sure.

However as we are all well aware he can make gaffes (who can't). His gaffes however have mostly been when he is with the yobbo's & boys of MMM or similar blokey media - he loses judgement & perspective. He sees Sam Newman as a friend which I have no doubt he is however the same Sam is a knob, a backward dinosaur of a different age who is a creep and a sexist bully - this doesn't help Ed anywhere except amongst a few idiots who belong in a distant age.

Ed has done a lot not just for Collingwood but for a range of social causes & I love him for all of that. His judgment however becomes clouded when he loses insight into the company he keeps (in the media) It's become an unfortunate spectacle when he demeans himself by keeping the broadcast company he does.

Eddie doesn't deserve derision.

I've previously & early on expressed compassion for his family in these tough times & continue to do so.

I wish him the best & hope to see him come bouncing back.

What tough times!!!!!!
The guy is rich and healthy.
He has had a political run in, that is all!
Friggin toughen up.
It really is pathetic modern man's responses to trivial matters.
If you run for political office then get use to the frying pan.
For god sake I just cannot believe the friggin concern about nothing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: