Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jarrod Witts swap for Hoskin Elliott

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brisbane Lions are looking to bolster their lean ruck stocks this season, with Collingwood's Jarrod Witts reportedly in their sights.

AFL.com.au has reported that several clubs are interested in acquiring Witts' services, with the Lions particularly keen on the out-of-contract ruckman.

Witts has has managed just two games for the Pies this season, for a total of 40 matches across five seasons.

The 23-year-old comes out of contract at the end of this season, after signing a three-year deal with the Magpies in 2013.

Read more at http://www.zerohanger.com/lions-chasing-pies-tall-5727/#eaKc53yXbBL1XRew.99

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:57 pm

Dealing with the Lions again could be fun, and fruitful.
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:03 pm

didick wrote:

Agree, Rockliff or Zorko might just do it.

Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:07 pm

Without looking into their list, off the top of my head there's no players that'd be get table worth trading for. Perhaps a bundle of Witts and another player or pick for a first rounder to compensate what we're going to lose in the Treloar deal.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:18 pm

So supposedly the Lions are interested in Witts, according to Callum Twomey. http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-01/brisbane-lions-target-outofcontract-magpie

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:37 pm

Yes but will Witts be any happier playing NEAFL biding his time behind Martin than he would be staying at the Pies?
derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:16 pm

All comes down to value, Collingwood would be stupid to trade Witts if all we are going to get is a late 2nd round pick....I can't see Witts landing us a first rounder. Not even Brisbane are Fremantle 1995 - 2006 stupid....and as the old saying goes you have to offer somthing of value to get somthing of value. Then again they do owe us for the Cam Wood trade....pick 14 for that guy was a massive massive mistake.

Collingwood recruiting staff will really have to get working the 'magic wands' this trade period.

I don't think we have the trade currency to land a Will Hoskin-Eliott unfortunately as i think he is a really talented player left twiddling his thumbs in the NEAFL.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:37 pm

jackcass wrote:
Yes but will Witts be any happier playing NEAFL biding his time behind Martin than he would be staying at the Pies?

That is why I suspect he will probably stay in Victoria and if he was to leave Collingwood he'd be more interested in a spot where he'd be a potential first ruck not a last ruck option like he seems to be at the moment.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:09 pm

Anyone want to explain how good Hoskin Elliot actually is?
How injury prone he is?
Why he would want to come to us?
Why we need him?

Apart from trade Witts for someone

inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:59 pm

Hoskin Elliott has genuine X factor. He is quick, can leap tall buildings in a single bound and probably wants to come home after being injury riddled over the last 18 months. Am sure Treloar and Adams may be in his ear as well!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:07 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Hoskin Elliott has genuine X factor. He is quick, can leap tall buildings in a single bound and probably wants to come home after being injury riddled over the last 18 months. Am sure Treloar and Adams may be in his ear as well!

So we should trade a first ruck almost ready to come into his prime for an injury riddled munchkin?

inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:32 pm

It's exciting that a possible bidding war may be in place for Witts. Ruckmen are always priced with greater currency during the trade period, especially given the length of time and investment provided by the original club. If 3+ clubs bid for his services he may even enter the first round as unlikely as some may think.

Hey don't forget the last few trade periods, the following middling players suddenly appreciating in value and garnering first round draft pick currency:

* Jed Anderson: for pick 15 from the Roos. Unsighted yet, the Hawks are still laughing.

* Sharrod Wellingham: we got pick 18 that was then used on Grundy. Sharrod was a good player but a first round draft pick was overs.

* Cameron Wood: we gave pick 14 to Lions. Got screwed!

* Chris Dawes: Dees gave us first round pick 20 (Broomhead) and 47 (packaged up with another pick we used on Ramsay). Dees are spewing.

* Jordan McMahon: Dogs somehow snared first round pick (19) from Tigers that they used at draft to select Callan Ward. OK Dogs lost Ward but gained a first round pick that was used for Jackson Macrae.

* Brock McLean: was swapped to Blues for pick 11! Yes pick 11. Greg Swann wanted his Sir Chris Judd protected from the "heavy lifting" and the Dees "stole pick 11"!

* Andrew Lovett: went from Dons to Saints for pick 16 and played "zero" matches for reasons well documented at the time. The Saints "fear of no midfield pace" meant the Dons were able to steal pick 16.

* Justin Sherman: end of first round pick from Dogs to Lions. Played 24 games only and was found guilty of racial vilification. A bust for Dogs.

So you only need, 2 clubs (3 would be great), a unique position like the Ruck and a compelling story to drive a players currency up. Earn your dollars Derek Hine and get us back into the first round draft in November!

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:38 pm

Bucks2014 wrote:
The Brisbane Lions are looking to bolster their lean ruck stocks this season, with Collingwood's Jarrod Witts reportedly in their sights.

AFL.com.au has reported that several clubs are interested in acquiring Witts' services, with the Lions particularly keen on the out-of-contract ruckman.

Didn't see that coming. Does it change things? Im pretty sure Witts said he wants to stay in Melb. So would he go to QLD??

didick wrote:

Yes it would. And there is a possibility that Rockliff wants to leave and return to Victoria. But it'd take more than Witts and we cannot afford to move any draft picks in 2016. Witts & Oxley in a package maybe? (Or there is the fact that we could trade future picks again).

What about the Swans? Would we look at a swap with Towers and an upgrading of picks? Ie; Witts and a 3rd rounder for Towers and a 2nd rounder? Or something like that?

Or what about Essendon? You'd think they'd be interested in a young ruck? Although they do have Bellchambers and Luenberger next year. They'll have some good picks to look at.

I still don't think we'll move him, but if it got us a star like Rockliff or back into the first round, or early 2nd round, then it might be trigger time. (And I've said this many times, but we'd then have to look at getting a backup ruckman in case of emergency).

Getting back to Hoskin-Elliot, there is a chance we could get him, but I think, at this stage, it would be a trade that wouldn't involve Witts.

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:43 pm

I have serious doubts on Rockliff as a genuine star. He gets a lot of the footy granted but he doesn't truly influence games nor is he the architect of scoring plays like Pendles, Priddis, Selwood, Dangerfield, Sloane, Boyd, Kennedy of the Swan variety etc.
I think if he was in the black n white he be another whipping boy as he would frustrate the heck out of us.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:51 pm

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
I have serious doubts on Rockliff as a genuine star. He gets a lot of the footy granted but he doesn't truly influence games nor is he the architect of scoring plays like Pendles, Priddis, Selwood, Dangerfield, Sloane, Boyd, Kennedy of the Swan variety etc.
I think if he was in the black n white he be another whipping boy as he would frustrate the heck out of us.

If Brisbane rang you up and offered a trade, would you trade him in for Witts? Straight swap?

Or would you prefer to take an earlier pick from them?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: