Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jono Marsh can be as good as Alex Rance!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

barrybc41 wrote:
Felt similar with Ben Reid over a season or two but
he is back and playing like Ben of old so lets hope
Jonno follows same path

True but Ben had already forged a career before getting into a bit of a mess. Marsh has only played a handful of games. At least it wasn't a hammy. I suppose that's some sort of comfort.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:00 pm

This is beyond insane! FIVE, count 'em FIVE seasons in a row where MOST of the side has been missing due to injury! Two is incredibly bad luck, and doesn't happen often.
As far as I can find, three consecutive seasons ruined by injuries hasn't happened,

to anyone

Ever!

Now we're up to five straight, and into completely uncharted territory. Gosh, something incredibly ruinous musta happened around 5 years ago...

I wonder what?

How the hell can people ignore this impossible phenomenon? How is it that this hasn't been addressed? Before the season I directly addressed a Collingwood official and told him injuries would again ruin our 2016. He said we "certainly hope that doesn't happen". I told him it would and asked what would happen. "If that were to happen we'd need to look at our training & fitness staff" (despite the quote marks that probably isn't verbatim, but very close).
But of course nothing has happened, and won't until years end. If anything does. How can we be so bloody ignorant? How can we accept 5 years of 45 degree angle failure, each season worse than the last? This isn't the mid-90's, when we just didn't have the players, this is the aftermath of 2011, in my opinion the best Magpie side that ever played! (yes, I know we didn't win the silverware, but we won the Minor Prem, and the flag the year before, does anyone at all believe we were better in 2010? Anyone?). We still have several of those players, despite Buckley losing us Shaw, Daisy, Beamer, and more, and Dekka has only got better at recruiting, providing us with a crop of young stars like Marsh, Maynard, Grundy and many more, added to which we've picked up stars like Treloar, Crisp, Adams, Greenwood, Howe, and others, to the point where I don't see a player I'd want to get rid of.
We've proven time and again that when we show up we can beat anyone, provided we can field a team.
If we go down to Carlton today it will be the first time they've beaten us twice (and we play them twice virtually every year), for nearly 10 years.
Will we do anything? Change anything?

Of course not. We're too wedded to failure.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:41 pm

Not sure how the coaching staff can get the blame for Knees recos and collision injuries.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:18 pm

^^^^ it also has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread.
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:41 am

So has the mystery with Jono's injury been told yet? what is it? how long out? how did it happen?
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:04 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Rubbish!
Where was Marsh on Saturday night? And most importantly where will he be next week?!

And to answer Stui:

"Not sure how the coaching staff can get the blame for Knees recos and collision injuries."
you're kidding?! Are you seriously saying that? Or being ironic?

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:24 pm

35forever wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Rubbish!
Where was Marsh on Saturday night? And most importantly where will he be next week?!

And to answer Stui:

"Not sure how the coaching staff can get the blame for Knees recos and collision injuries."

I'm being serious.

Collision injuries such as concussion, Swanny's injury, Fas Shoulder, Moore's collarbone etc can't be blamed on coaching staff, neither can Knees

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:44 pm

stui magpie wrote:
35forever wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Rubbish!

And to answer Stui:

I'm being serious.

Collision injuries such as concussion, Swanny's injury, Fas Shoulder, Moore's collarbone etc can't be blamed on coaching staff, neither can Knees

Yep, pretty sure it wasn't the coaching staff laying the tackles.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:09 pm

muscle injuries I believe are inextricably linked to the fitness staff but collision injuries are plain bad luck.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:09 pm

Here is a list of current injuries. The majority have little to nothing to do with the fitness staff.

Ben Crocker (knee)
He’s had a bit of soreness behind his knee. I think he’s missed the last two weeks I think. He should be fine for this weekend as well. He’s looking pretty good, but he’ll also be tested.

Taylor Adams (hamstring)
Taylor Adams did quite a bit of work with that hamstring last week. (He’s) probably in front of the game a little bit. He’ll just need to get through a couple of decent sessions this week and will be tested. We’re fairly confident he’ll be available also.

Alex Fasolo (shoulder)
Alex Fasolo is pretty confident with that shoulder. Naturally he’ll have to get through a bit of work this week, tackling etc. We’ll have to see how he goes, but we’re quite confident. He’s a test.

Jonathon Marsh (calf)
Jonathon Marsh missed on the weekend with a calf, or soleus strain. We’re quite happy with the way he is today. He’s a very good chance of getting up for this week as well. He’ll also be tested, but we’re confident.

Brayden Sier (hand)
Brayden Sier has recovered from that hand. He’s got the all clear from the surgeon last week, he just needed to do a bit of work on the track, which he’s done. As long as he can do another couple of sessions this week, he’ll be available to play as well.

Alan Toovey (concussion)
Alan Toovey suffered a concussion in the VFL side’s clash with the Northern Blues. He wasn’t able to return to the game, he was a little bit uncomfortable afterwards. He’s recovered quite well. We’re quite happy with him today and there’s a reasonable chance he’ll get up for this weekend. Obviously he’ll have to be tested and as usual we won’t be taking any risks. We’re confident about that, we’ll see how he goes.

Tom Langdon (knee)
Unfortunately Tommy Langdon, who’s had a similar ankle injury (to Broomhead), don’t have quite as good news. That knee that he’s had has been giving him some troubles. He went and saw the surgeon last week and they decided to have an arthroscopic surgery last Friday. They had to fix some problem with his medial meniscus. He’ll miss something, at least medium term, maybe even long term so he can recover from that. We’re pretty happy with the outcome of it, but unfortunately he won’t play for a little while. - Monday 27 June

Jamie Elliott (back)
Jamie Elliott had surgery today on his back. It all seems to be as expected. We didn’t expect any complications with it. He’s likely to be off his feet for five or six weeks until he recovers from that surgery, and then he’ll be able to get going again. He’s very much long term still. - Monday 30 May

Jackson Ramsay (knee)
Jackson Ramsay is now back at the club. He’s had his surgery and is recovering from that. He’s going okay but he’s very much long term as well. - Tuesday 26 April

Matthew Scharenberg (knee)
Matt Scharenberg is very much long term obviously. He’s doing a fair bit of work kicking the footy and a few things, but he’s very much long term still. - Tuesday 26 April

Dane Swan (foot)
Dane has his boot on and off again. He’s learning how to walk again. He’s certainly on the improve and he was doing some weights freely as well. We’re very positive about the way Swanny is going but he’ll still be a while of course.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm

Solid effort by Jono again. Hope he can string the last 7 games together and set a platform for 2017.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: