Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Harry O Dear

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Deed poll have just received a submission by a player with old initials of H.O wanting to be called Cassius Clay!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:32 pm

Mugwump wrote:
cityslick1 wrote:
Poor guy is obviously a hyper sensitive individual, who is prone to manic depressive states. He's also suffered as a child, which no doubt magnifies / has contributed to this.

This is possible, I guess, though it is also possible that he is a narcissistic attention-seeker who pursues big ideas with a limited intellect. His behaviour would justify either conclusion, and without knowing him, you can't tell. Either way, wry tolerance is probably the best response to his vaporings.

Tend to agree.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:41 pm

I used to really like harry, but hes lost the ;plot now, thank heavens we got rid of him, he thinks he can save the world, but expects to be a highly paid footballer. He should have been a Hippie, he was born too late, he would have been right at home in the peace and free love flower power sixties.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:05 pm

We complain endlessly about the game being too sanitised and politically correct, and laugh at players' robotic, scripted interviews after games ... and then pile on to sneer at a footballer for actually being a bit eccentric and non-conformist. Can't have it both ways.

Lumumba may be a bit of a loose cannon, but Essendon, for one, could have done with a player like him (i.e. with the courage to speak up) back in 2012 when 44 odd players were being led like sheep to the abattoir. And we could certainly do with a player of his quality in our defence right now.

Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:28 pm

player of his quality? he has been dropped multiple times from an awful side.
he wouldn't get a game with us, even now.
Brenny 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:36 pm

^ like hell he wouldn't.

I'm his biggest critic and I'm so happy his poisonous personality is removed from our club.

But we miss this bloke big time. Run, carry and, dare I say it, leadership on the field down back would help about now.

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:20 pm

Initially thought Harry O being a nutter, drama queen & attention seeker all rolled into one... Get over it Hhe was only someone you admired from afar.

Then I remembered when a certain number 42 passed away and the effect it had on many in the same boat. Some fans took years and still to this day, the club hasnt moved on by bringing the jumper back (I'm all for bring the jumper back - another issue for another thread)

I still haven't moved on since he changed his name, he'll always be flakey Harry to me.

RIP Casius Clay!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:28 pm

I honestly worry for the mental health of Heritier. I just hope he can find some peace of mind at some stage.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:32 pm

David wrote:
We complain endlessly about the game being too sanitised and politically correct, and laugh at players' robotic, scripted interviews after games ... and then pile on to sneer at a footballer for actually being a bit eccentric and non-conformist. Can't have it both ways.

Lumumba may be a bit of a loose cannon, but Essendon, for one, could have done with a player like him (i.e. with the courage to speak up) back in 2012 when 44 odd players were being led like sheep to the abattoir. And we could certainly do with a player of his quality in our defence right now.

This.

I loved Harry, I loved his high knee sprints from the back line, I loved his magnificent goal in the 2010 premiership team, I love that big knee sliding YEAH! I'll never forget it. I loved that he ALWAYS had time to sign a jumper, a photo with the kids, hell one with me! I love his passion for his people. I love that he's not afraid to show emotion.

I didn't like some of the stuff when he left. But I reckon Luke Ball is about the only player ever to stay 100% classy in that situation.

Right now I worry for him. He's too sensitive for footy. But that's nothing to do with this, he's obviously got some dark shit to work through. However, I saw the Ali thing over a week ago and I really think it's been blown out of proportion here. I cried like a baby when I heard the news about Ali, and I have nothing in my life to align with him for. Honestly, it's no big deal.

And the haters? Well his team has beaten ours twice this year! And I'm not sure which game it was, might have been last year, but I stood up and clapped when he kicked a goal against us, just because the fans giving it to him were shitting me!

One day we might hear the real story as to why he left. There's three sides to it, and righ now, we only really have the club line. Cheers

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:46 pm

No one really cares that much what players do and say off the field, except the outrage machine which cares about everything... but when it stops a player from performing ON the field, then it becomes a football matter. I'm sorry, these guys are bloody well paid to provide entertainment for us, profit for their clubs and employment for them. IF this is the reason that Harry is not on the field then Melbourne and their fans have every right to be might displeased.
Brenny 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:52 pm

^ What I got from the video his time off was more due to the concussion issue and that the Ali thing affected him whilst he was having the time off.

I'm fairly sure I've heard H talk about Ali before.

IF it was the concussion that kept him away, I'm all for that. We still don't know the true effects of concussion and I'd rather a player take the time out to get themselves right.

We have heard of players who have come back after 1 or 2 weeks and they are still having the effects... whatever they are.

E 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:56 pm

I worry about my mental health <snip>, <snip>!!!

I sometimes wonder if I actually posted stuff because I can never <snip> find it.

that was some amazing <snip>ing, <snip>!!!

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:04 pm

David wrote:

I am not that fussed with what Harry says, nor does, but I think that his off field stuff has hindered his career a lot. After the trip to Brazil it seemed like his football ability slowly started to vanish and he was more focused on the negative aspects of life.

I think if he wants to be an AFL player he needs to focus on being an AFL player, and try and change the world after it. Because I don't believe he can do both to the best of his ability right now. Clearly it's messing with his head and causing him more drama than it's worth.

I respect the fact he wants to make the world a better place, but he has to decide if he wants to do that, or be an AFL footballer.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:28 pm

The Prototype wrote:
David wrote:

I am not that fussed with what Harry says, nor does, but I think that his off field stuff has hindered his career a lot. After the trip to Brazil it seemed like his football ability slowly started to vanish and he was more focused on the negative aspects of life.

I think if he wants to be an AFL player he needs to focus on being an AFL player, and try and change the world after it. Because I don't believe he can do both to the best of his ability right now. Clearly it's messing with his head and causing him more drama than it's worth.

I respect the fact he wants to make the world a better place, but he has to decide if he wants to do that, or be an AFL footballer.

If he is not best 22 for what ever reason, he will be cut. I respect the fact that his life is not just about his day job. If he can accept the consequence of being preoccupied about something else to the point he is not performing on the field, he loses his spot, then I accept it too. However, the official word is its concussion keeping him out. I'm happy to believe that. It ain't costing us now anyway!

It could be worse, he could be off taking chances with recreational drugs or something. Pigging out and Not keeping his skin folds down. And then expecting to be picked.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:40 pm

think positive wrote:
It could be worse, he could be off taking chances with recreational drugs or something. Pigging out and Not keeping his skin folds down. And then expecting to be picked.

That's true, though since the only people that know who are using drugs are the AFL and Mark Robinson, it's hard to say who is or isn't taking drugs these days. But that's a topic for another time.

But it is Harry's life, good luck to him whatever he decides to do, I only said what I did because it looks like it's really messing with his head. He's been all over the place since the trip to Brazil, and seeing the murder coming back it's time for him to get some help if everything is affecting him like the death of Ali.

Hopefully he figures it all out and can live a happy life, I wish him no harm, I have no ill will towards the guy. He's still a human, and would be nice for him to have good mental health.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: