Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Harry O Dear

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:24 pm
Post subject: Harry O DearReply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/7AFL/videos/626258887549925/

Still dealing with Muhammad Ali's death Shocked

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

He certainly seems to be a person who attracts and holds onto the negative aspects of life. IMO it is destructive and soul destroying. If you burden yourself in this manner you will live a tormented life and you will never reach your full potential. Nice guy but sad in many ways.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:08 pm

Self absorbed.
Seen it many times.
Saving the world but really trying to save themselves.
We certainly won with that trade.
Concussion is a sleeping giant.
Some of the theories about the long term effects are quite sobering.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:12 pm

When I was told about this I thought a friend of mine was taking the piss, but oh dear. I get you can be sad someone has died but really.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
matrix10 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:16 pm
Post subject: Re: Harry O DearReply with quote

Cam wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/7AFL/videos/626258887549925/

Still dealing with Muhammad Ali's death Shocked

Be careful or Heritier will report you to the mods for cyberbullying!

On a serious note- this video confirms my suspicion that he has significant mental health issues.

He needs to change his name back- he seemed a lot more sane (albeit a bit weird) when he was just Harry.
Now he has change his name to something more exotic he probably reckons he needs an exotic sounding mental illness to match
cityslick1 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:17 pm

Poor guy is obviously a hyper sensitive individual, who is prone to manic depressive states. He's also suffered as a child, which no doubt magnifies / has contributed to this.

But calling people names is senseless and destructive. This is why we have things like Movember and rounds dedicated to spreading awareness of mental health issues. For Understanding rather than judgement.

He was also a quality servant of our club, who played some great footy, provided leadership and encouraged team unity... and helped us win a flag.

No need for any more un-love. There's already enough of it in the world...

Peace

Last edited by cityslick1 on Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:23 pm

It will be interesting to see what comes of him in the following years. He's still at an age when many young people are struggling with themselves or just partying. He certainly thinks a lot, maybe too much, and had his own identity issues .

I'd be unsurprised to see him enter politics at some point and equally unsurprised if he was a suicide. Here's hoping he finds his peace over the journey.

matrix10 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:26 pm

cityslick1 wrote:
Poor guy is obviously a hyper sensitive individual, who is prone to manic depressive states. He's also suffered as a child, which no doubt magnifies / has contributed to this.

But calling people names is senseless and destructive. This is why we have things like Movember and rounds dedicated to spreading awareness of mental health issues. For Understanding rather than judgement.

He was also a quality servant of our club, who played some great footy, provided leadership and encouraged team unity... and helped us win a flag.

Peace Smile

Fair enough- yet the issue I have is you cant have it both ways.

Mental health is an extremely serious issue ( i do work in the field)
My concern is that H does not acknowledge he has issues and refuses to listen to evidence to the contrary.
To willingly be interviewed and speak the way he did is concerning.

Yet the question remains- are mental health issues an excuse for being a knob- or do they simply explain why he is a knob?

I'm happy to accept that they explain a fair chunk of his erratic behaviour- yet get frustrated when people use mental health issues to excuse shit behaviour.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:31 pm

cityslick1 wrote:

This is possible, I guess, though it is also possible that he is a narcissistic attention-seeker who pursues big ideas with a limited intellect. His behaviour would justify either conclusion, and without knowing him, you can't tell. Either way, wry tolerance is probably the best response to his vaporings.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:50 pm

stui magpie wrote:
It will be interesting to see what comes of him in the following years. He's still at an age when many young people are struggling with themselves or just partying. He certainly thinks a lot, maybe too much, and had his own identity issues .

I'd be unsurprised to see him enter politics at some point and equally unsurprised if he was a suicide. Here's hoping he finds his peace over the journey.

Yeah seems he wants to do it all to change the world, but I think he's just making himself a little more unhappy by the day. After coming back from Brazil he did seem to struggle a lot there, so maybe he needs to seek help before coming back to the footy.

Save your mental health before it becomes a bigger issue, he seems like a decent guy with a lot of smarts, just has a fair few issues he needs to adress before playing footy.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:24 pm

^

I don't think he has a lot of smarts to be honest, I personally think he reads a lot and forms opinions on a lot of subjects without having the intellect to actually understand them properly.

It's easy to regurgitate cant, harder to understand all the issues that go with it.

I may well be wrong and would happily apologise if I am, just my opinion.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:34 pm

cityslick1 wrote:

Hope H is OK. Well said cityslick1.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:39 pm

He's just weird. Give him a break. Nothing wrong with being weird.

(Not that I would know, of course, being 100% perfectly normal in all respects.)

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:44 pm

Tannin wrote:
He's just weird. Give him a break. Nothing wrong with being weird.

(Not that I would know, of course, being 100% perfectly normal in all respects.)

It's more than weird.

I admired Ali greatly.I am old enough to have watched some of his fights on tv when I was a schoolboy, beginning with the Thriller in Manilla. I have the classic poster of the Ali/Liston fight hanging on the wall of my gym. When I heard that Ali died I felt a profound sadness and loss. It was probably because a large piece of my childhood had gone. But, I did not know him. I have my own family and own life to live so those feelings passed very quickly.

Harry is too young to know anything about Ali other than what he has read or seen in old videos.If he believes he is still dealing with his death, it is not actually the death he is dealing with. He is dealing with his own demons.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:08 pm

For whatever reason, be it concussion or he's just a space cadet, Harry's elevator doesn't go to the top floor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: