Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nick's Posting XXII Round 15: vs Carlton

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:27 pm
Post subject: Nick's Posting XXII Round 15: vs CarltonReply with quote

what a week it has been and what an incredibly important weekend it will be in the history of this nation and this forum. by my reckoning, we have to go back to 2008 to when we last lost to this mob twice in a season and, don't forget, we owe this mob for the semi final loss in 1931 when they got over the line by a mere 88 points. rudeboy has been recalled and will be given the opportunity to avenge this loss he was involved in.

this week we bring in a couple of novices from the north who will come in as emergencies. qldmagpie67, in particular, has been selected as the travelling emergency. meanwhile, there may be bitter tears for some because inxs88 has been named as the other emergency.

cuthbertcollingwood has been swept up in the brexit storm and it may be some time before we see him again. woftam has been omitted because, frankly, he is a woftam. the late omission of jezza from last week's team augurs well for david who, despite going missing, has kept his spot but moves to the right wing. we hope all goes well for him as he is in a fierce battle to retain his position. yin-yang returns to add some balance to the left of centre.

Nick's Posting XXII vs Carlton Round 15 [1].jpg

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:34 pm

Jezza wrote:

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:44 pm

Bloody wanker! I take personal offense at my continued ommission, particularly as it seems to be forgotten that I was the Full Forward for both the 2010 GF and the Replay.
I haven't taken the option of accepting the big bucks to go to Big Footy, or hung up the boots to go into the media like so many others I shan't name, mainly coz I dont remember their names, but regardless, I'm treated like some kind of Goldsack or Didak to watch from the sidelines as our revolving door of wanker coaches leads us to defeat after defeat, and...

...stuff it, Antiques Roadshow is on & i'm tired.

PS: Wanker!!!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:46 pm

Great team, another big C back into the team bodes well.

David may get lost on the right wing but if he can channel some trolley car memes (which shouldn't be difficult) hopefully he can just pull the lever.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:04 pm

Lucky I'm on the bench, I'll have to sit it out, I'm on the Appalachian trail today! Sorry!
(No really!)

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:39 pm

Serious?! The AT? As in walking seven billion miles? And with phone service?!
I dips me lid to ya. I reckon I could cross the AT, not lengthways though. Sad

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:56 pm

Emergency? I am better thanl everyone else I would mention names but I haven't paid any attention to my teammates and probably wont.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:50 pm

a team is only as good as the bench imho. and on that score, this is a star studded team, as shown by the quality of the bench. Beside me there is TP, 3rds and WPT. That is pure class. Cool
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:30 am

Well the rebel alliance took the opportunity last week to circumvent the coach by replacing his game plan given to the players in writing and replacing it with a an obvious far more detailed and winnable plan.
Whilst we would have been happy to sit on the sidelines and watch on as this hack of a coach led the team to another stunning loss w decided to act and restore some pride among the group.
This week we are undecided yet to what approach to take.
Should we sit by and watch on what would most likely be a horrible loss or again take control and deliver the players a plan to win
A hard decision and the constant phone calls and private messages from both players and supporters begging the rebel alliance to take control again are hard to ignore
So Stui as captain we are appreciative of your constant begging and attempts to bride us into taking control and Neil Appleby's offer to assist in disposing of any corpse are appealing but we feel you should come out of the closet (make sure you choose the right closet though) and declare your allegiance to the rebel alliance
It's gratifying to receive over 300,000 messages a day from posters pleading for action against the tea sipping velvet coat wearing Range Rover driving egomaniac who has led a team of dedicated posters to shame and dispair so often this season it makes Tony Shaw's efforts make him look like Jock McHale.
The rebel alliance will decide shortly as what course of action to follow and announce it accordingly at the appropriate time
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:30 am

I served my one week posting ban and still make the side. Coach knows what he is doing!
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:38 am

Looks like I've slid onto the field without being mentioned in the Ins at all Laughing
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:33 am

This is not the week to experiment or play the kids for its own sake - strong team to take on the old enemy - noice one coach Smile

PS - I agree that I can bring some balance to the left - maybe I am the Richard Di Natale of the team this week... as good as I may be - will anyone notice I am out there?

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:08 am

Wokko wrote:
Looks like I've slid onto the field without being mentioned in the Ins at all Laughing

unlike the carry on we usually witness each time you are not named i didn't want to make a big deal of your starting spot. there's nothing special in being named in the rabble that will be on the ground for the first bounce. david has been named too, ffs. Laughing

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:25 am

John Wren wrote:
Wokko wrote:

unlike the carry on we usually witness each time you are not named i didn't want to make a big deal of your starting spot. there's nothing special in being named in the rabble that will be on the ground for the first bounce. david has been named too, ffs. Laughing

And some say the days of the emotive coach that gets you up and pumped for the best footy of your life is gone...! they have clearly not had the opportunity to be blasted by the beige bomber... Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: